1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys! awesome customs of Indy here.. very interesting!
Here's my custom Indy:

modifyario_zpsca8b68eb.jpg

:)

Whooaaa my man! :clap
Thanks Ario, glad to be part of your bashes :hi5:

Regards

Duabelas

Ss made a great LC Indy. HT nailed raiders for me. Finally stripped the guyliner off and found a poseable body and I couldnt be happier. (Until I score a smiling sculpt....)

These not actually mine but my old' commission work (paint job)
:)

ht and ss headsculpts

Sideshow did better I guess.

Regards

Duabelas

A52A1413-174F-4064-9BC9-C2610BE987CF-5879-000003080F243067.jpg

306075D0-941B-44B1-BEC9-992775131065-5879-000003081BEE1FB1.jpg

E23A129E-F6B5-41FE-8EB8-2A0768C4FCAB-3719-000001703AE52232.jpg

4366abd0.jpg

239cfbab.jpg

Wow Duabelas!! That is quite possibly the most magic I've ever seen done with the HT sculpt. I personally don't have a problem with the sculpt like some but your paint apps take it to another level.

Some great work here.

Having now seen the Enterbay / Medicom Ultimate Unison Han Solo, I am convinced that the sculpt on that figure will make THE best Indy head. I just put this photoshop composite together to help visualise what it could look like.
This photo shows Rovo Jin's paintjob on the Enterbay head. I simply used Photoshop to add the beard growth, ear and Fedora from the Hot Toys Indy photo on the right.

I would LOVE to see someone do this!

Enterbay-Medicom-ROTJ-Han-Photoshop-Adjustments-into-Indy_zps79a65744.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
It'd take a lot of work and could end up being pointless if the head is too small.

If Rovo Jin repainted the SSC head on the other hand......

I know. I doubt I'll ever do it because I don't have the skills required to pull it off. It would be easy enough to chop the head off so the hat can be permanently attached, but the back of the head and the ears would have to be replaced by the HT version (or Sideshow version) depending on which is the closest match to the size and then some filler / repainting would be required.

I'd love to see someone do it thought because I personally think that the Enterbay head is the best Ford likeness we've seen to date. Just look how envious the HT Indy looks when it sees the Enterbay composite. LOL

Chris

It'd take a lot of work and could end up being pointless if the head is too small.

If Rovo Jin repainted the SSC head on the other hand......

Last edited:
The other problem is that the head has a neck and most of the recommended bodies for Indy require neckless heads.

The Enterbay UU ROTJ Han head is actually neckless. I have one and am currently in the process of switching the Han outfit and head to an Ezio body with modded lower legs.

Oh, right, it didn't appear that way in that pic.

I do actually know just how much work that head would need as I once turned the sculpt from the old Kaiyodo vinyl kit into a Deckard. All I had to work with was the face, lower ears and the front of the neck. I was at the peak of my skills back then, but, I doubt I could so the same thing again now.

I so wish I had kept more of my old garage kits so I could take pics of them now.

Ss made a great LC Indy. HT nailed raiders for me. Finally stripped the guyliner off and found a poseable body and I couldnt be happier. (Until I score a smiling sculpt....)

See, it is so weird how everyone sees something different when looking at these sculpts of Ford. For me the SS is dead on Raiders, from the slight sneer to the Cairo bash of the fedora. HT I thought looked more Temple to me.

To each their own man. It could be better honestly but I've finally given in to the notion that a perfect Indy will never exist. Im pretty happy with the modded HT though.

Back