1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the germani indy worth buying and doing a hot toys body swap? Or is the outfit too small?

To me the German Disguise sculpt is too big, emphasised by the hats, they just look too small.

I just pried the hat off my sculpt, and, thankfully, it went without a hitch with neither the hat or the sculpt being damaged. The good thing about the hat being PVC is that it went back to the proper shape after I'd stretched it prying it off.

What I'm wondering now is, do I wait and replace it or carry on!? I really like the KOTCS hat, but, what are my chances of finding that sculpt loose now!? I get a funny feeling that, if I put up a WTB it could be months till I get my Indy finished.

I always get sidetracked during any hiatus and can't get fired up again....

The main reason i want it is for the outfit and the bazooka. If anyone has a better suggestion where to get a sa outfit please tell me. I'd rather buy the outfit and bazooka loose.

The uniform is pretty accurate (for SSC...), if a little too drab. Pretty much all pics fail to capture the SSC jacket true color - they make it look tannish. The Cooltoyreview ones are very inaccurate. It's more green and more accurate than pics show.

I'm using them for my Dietrich custom (cutting two coats to make one longer coat,) but will see if I have any extras (don't think so though.)

The bazooka is like a lot of SSC weapons - overall beautifully detailed and finished, but many minor details needlessly off. Like almost everything in ROTLA, that rpg/bazooka was custom made for the movie so I couldn't find any Dragon etc. bazookas that were even close (the KOTCS one is a different story.) Even the double gun that Marion uses in the flying wing is not a "real" weapon. I wrote the imfdb listing for some of the Raiders weapons - I redid almost all the information for the flying wing gun about two years ago because much of it was really incorrect!

bbl, if you need a bazooka, I have an extra one.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll let you know if i need the bazooka. I might pick up the full figure. Just don't want to spend a lot of cash on a just ok figure.

Anyone got a loose spare german indy?

Really!? I thought the KOTCS head was the biggest of the three heads and thought the hat was the right size.

Please can someone confirm this as I've just put up a WTB.

Yeah, funny enough, while the head was oversized the hat was undersized :cuckoo: Sideshow's Indy line was riddled with quality control issues. Henry Sr was the only figure without any problems.

Done!

Any other hats to consider or should I just stick with the Raiders one!?

BTW Henry was nearly 6" too short, he looked like he was on his knees next to my other figures.

I dug the KotCS hat of my parts box. Here is a pic on Raiders sculpt:

drjones005_zps5f17c612.jpg

Was the bazooka that accurate!? As for the outfit, just look for DML or DID and you'll be spoilt for choice!

Hi rogerbee,

What outfit do recommend? I can find the right (green) outfit, i'd want the bazooka too.

Just read the review and i just don't like the figure. Especially for that kinda money.

BBl... look for Afrika Korps uniforms.. The company "Did" made a nice DAK soldier.. his tunic would be the correct DAK faded green.. I believe the figure was called "Luca".. search ebay for Did Luca and see what comes of that... also Dragon did two decent DAK soldiers that I recall.. one was "Egon" and the other was "Horst Lerner"... Also.. if you really want the figure to be accurate.. remove the insignia by those companies and get actual woven insignia by Battlegear Toys or by Toys City....

Boots _ go with the Did band real leather jack boots and Battlegear toys or Newline miniatures 98K real leather ammo pouches.. as for the suspenders.. you need the canvas style DAK suspenders.. I believe the Did Luca figure has those.. let me check some resources..

Flosi did a great bash:

Well, here's my German Indy bash.

100_1374.jpg

100_1373.jpg

100_1372.jpg

The jacket, belt, pouches and y-harness are from the Soldier Story DAK figure. Standard hatless Indy head on a TT. Pants are from the Hasbro German officer, just happened to have them laying around, DID boots and the German Indy RPG. Had the hat laying around from a German Indy head I bought a few weeks ago so I placed it by his feet.

There's a few more things I can do to this to really get him nailed down like paint his belt buckle silver and pouches black but for now I'm happy.

360.jpg

Even though I wasn't blown away by SS's version I still wanted one in my collection.

Back