1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dug the KotCS hat of my parts box. Here is a pic on Raiders sculpt:

drjones005_zps5f17c612.jpg

Mmmm, yeah,

His head would be a bit of a funny shape to fit under there! I'll stick with what I have. I like it anyway.

Boots _ go with the Did band real leather jack boots and Battlegear toys or Newline miniatures 98K real leather ammo pouches.. as for the suspenders.. you need the canvas style DAK suspenders.. I believe the Did Luca figure has those.. let me check some resources..

Thanks mike, will look into it.

Best,

Robert

oh MAN!!! that German indy is GREAT!!! really nice work!! I know NONE of these are perfect... but oh my I love them all!! from my original Kenner 12"... to the toys mccoy... all all stops in between!!

I've been through this research recently, so thought I'd share my thoughts.

If possible, I would actually go with the German Indy outfit jacket - less work to get it 100% right. Really the only inaccuracies with the jacket are that it isn't quite green enough (it's more of a dull olive drab/tan) and the buttons are those irritating SSC "ball" buttons.

If you want accuracy, those Dragon and SS jackets have issues - the SS DAK one has a trim piece on the collar that would need to be removed (leaving visible stitch holes,) and the jackets are a little TOO green.:gah: They didn't use real DAK uniforms in the movie. In hand the SS one looks too green compared to the screen used uniform. The specific shapes of the lapels and the shoulder tabs are also wrong on those DML/SS jackets, whereas the SSC is great.

Also FYI, that SS DAK uniform is not cheap. Very popular set.

The web belt and pouches on the SSC are 100% accurate (and beautifully done,) as are the pants and the boots. Indy wears very slender boots in that outfit and the SSC ones are perfect, and very well weathered too. Most of the other manufacturer boots look too chunky.

To "fix" the SSC German Indy all you have to do is hit the jacket with a very thin wash of green paint to "green it up" a hint (again, honestly, it's really not far from accurate) and swap out the buttons with the large/flat metal buttons available on nearly all Dragon German coats/uniforms that are dirt cheap.

Thanks for the advise. Should have read it earlier. I already went the did way. Sadly the hat is the wrong color. But perhaps it's fixable. I already bought quite a few items.

I'd still like get the bazooka from you. Anyone got a spare belt of german indy too?

Best,

Robert

Thinking about picking up an SSC gun belt and holster if I can find an affordable one. It looks better than HT's. I dislike the HT one the more I look at it. Anyone have any decent pics of one. From what I've seen it looks better but I never seen a clear pic of one.

Thinking about picking up an SSC gun belt and holster if I can find an affordable one. It looks better than HT's. I dislike the HT one the more I look at it. Anyone have any decent pics of one. From what I've seen it looks better but I never seen a clear pic of one.

You should pick up mike's holster, whipholder and belt. Muuuch better than both.

Best,

Robert

Roger, nice! I'll be getting one of those belt rigs! What length do you recommend?

Ok, he has a Bill the Butcher set too. I wonder if a lot of the people that are bashing that figure together know about this place.

Also, I've heard that he take a long time to get things done. Is this true?

edit: I just somewhere on his website that yeah, it can take a while. Usually how long do you think?

Last edited:
Ok, he has a Bill the Butcher set too. I wonder if a lot of the people that are bashing that figure together know about this place.

edit: I just somewhere on his website that yeah, it can take a while. Usually how long do you think?

Can't really remember, you do have to bear in mind that this is just one guy. Don't order if you're in a rush is a rule of thumb I suppose. If you can wait for stuff and you're not desperate for it then your patience will definitely be rewarded.

Steveos place has been a collector staple on these forums for years now, most of us have used him, many projects have even been inmcollaboration woth him actually. I think about a year ago he had a few personal problems but In my experience things went pretty fast. About a month turn around time.

That you may not, however, Stevo's Toys do a complete Raiders rig for as much as Mike charges for just the holster. I have one on mine and it is absolutely top notch. Scroll down on this page:

https://stevostoys.com/OTHER_ERA_HOLLYWOOD.htm

(Click the pic for larger pic.)

I'd stick with the HT revolver though.

He's a top guy too

Now I'm thinking of getting this rig and mike's whip.

Back