1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much better. Don't you think?

This one was just....

DSC_1420-2.jpg

...I hear him saying: What do you mean? There's nothing under my hat. Like he's trying to steal a Shankara stone.

:lol That is true. I had to give it good tug to get it down more though. You would think it wouldn't be so tough considering that is the hat that was made for that head sculpt.

So I finally managed to get the peg out of the neck on the TT narrow shoulders to switch bodies on my HT Indy. Finally took him off that overly buff and restrictive body. Finally can get him in more interesting and natural poses.

And you know what? I think I'm gonna switch him back. The shirt and jacket were tailored for the muscle body, even though the fit is not 100% on it, either. But it does fit better on the muscle body than it does on the narrow shoulders TT. The shirt and jacket are definitely too big on the narrow shoulders. The neck seems a little short too. And posing has proven to be a little more difficult than I anticipated because of the restrictive jacket.

Here are some pics:
IMG_6851.JPG

IMG_6836.JPG

IMG_6839.JPG

IMG_6842.JPG

IMG_6843.JPG

I definitely have better range of motion with the arms, so he looks pretty good if I have him in a very active pose. But when I have him in a more stoic hero pose, the clothes look about 2 sizes too big for him.

The best solution would be to replace the arms on the muscle body, like bbl had suggested. The large chest really fills in the clothes better. But I'm a big wuss when it comes to doing hardcore surgery on these figures.

I'll leave him like this for a bit, but I think he's going back to the muscle body.

1cb48bff.jpg

766d0006.jpg

6d291fd8.jpg

Here is my indy currently. I modified him slightly. Everything on him is original hot toys. I removed the muscle arms from the body and switched them with HT CR Superman. I glued down the collar of and put a paper clip under it to make it sit closer to the neck. I also weathered the jacket a bit. I also found taking off his boxers makes the pants sit much better. Also i used my screw driver to futz the shirt and tuck it in the pants and tuck into the jacket

joebizz34, your TOD Indy is amazing!

hhhaney, your Indy looks great as well, love that pose!

So I finally managed to get the peg out of the neck on the TT narrow shoulders to switch bodies on my HT Indy. Finally took him off that overly buff and restrictive body. Finally can get him in more interesting and natural poses.

And you know what? I think I'm gonna switch him back. The shirt and jacket were tailored for the muscle body, even though the fit is not 100% on it, either. But it does fit better on the muscle body than it does on the narrow shoulders TT. The shirt and jacket are definitely too big on the narrow shoulders. The neck seems a little short too. And posing has proven to be a little more difficult than I anticipated because of the restrictive jacket.

I definitely have better range of motion with the arms, so he looks pretty good if I have him in a very active pose. But when I have him in a more stoic hero pose, the clothes look about 2 sizes too big for him.

The best solution would be to replace the arms on the muscle body, like bbl had suggested. The large chest really fills in the clothes better. But I'm a big wuss when it comes to doing hardcore surgery on these figures.

I'll leave him like this for a bit, but I think he's going back to the muscle body.

I think that the basic problem is that the clothes are too big for the head, which is a little undersized.

Heres my Indy, i think its ready to be posted. Indy is really important to me and alot went into this, i still want to upgrade his shoes and shirt to HT, and the head to WGP but it"ll do for now. I hope you guys like it. :)
1326211378.jpg

1326211383.jpg

WP_000013.jpg

WP_000012.jpg

sorry about the quality.

Heres my Indy, i think its ready to be posted. Indy is really important to me and alot went into this, i still want to upgrade his shoes and shirt to HT, and the head to WGP but it"ll do for now. I hope you guys like it. :)
1326211378.jpg

1326211383.jpg

WP_000013.jpg

WP_000012.jpg

sorry about the quality.

That jacket is killer - is that the HT distressed (I can see some light parallel lines which I've seen in some pics of the HT)?

You are correct sir, I glued the collar down, lightly sanded the jacket and weathered it with pastels. Thanks. :)

LOVE the weathering on the that jacket!

Love it too but those fine parallel lines on the upper sleeve and chest area suggest going really easy with the sandpaper. It's where the urethane-like paint has been worn down to the fabric backer.

It's not really noticeable - and is something the close-up photo has made more visible than it probably would be in-hand - but it's warning to go easy on the weathering on that HT jacket.

Love it too but those fine parallel lines on the upper sleeve and chest area suggest going really easy with the sandpaper. It's where the urethane-like paint has been worn down to the fabric backer.

It's not really noticeable - and is something the close-up photo has made more visible than it probably would be in-hand - but it's warning to go easy on the weathering on that HT jacket.

I get nervous using sandpaper too. I found a great way to weather without damaging anything. I use fullers earth. It's a powder like substance that they use in hollywood for dusting and weathering real clothes. It sticks to the item as well so it stays unless you wipe it off with water. If you look back at my pics, I used some on Indy's hat and I plan to use some on my other one's jacket and uniform when I do the Raiders version. Look again at this pic below and you can see it is on the hat.

DSC_1419-5.jpg

I get nervous using sandpaper too. I found a great way to weather without damaging anything. I use fullers earth. It's a powder like substance that they use in hollywood for dusting and weathering real clothes. It sticks to the item as well so it stays unless you wipe it off with water. If you look back at my pics, I used some on Indy's hat and I plan to use some on my other one's jacket and uniform when I do the Raiders version. Look again at this pic below and you can see it is on the hat.

DSC_1419-5.jpg

Where can you get that stuff?

Todd's Costumes.. who sells full scale Indy clothing and accessories.. sells small bottles of fuller's earth for cheap... otherwise you have to buy huge containers of it from the movie industry suppliers... he is pretty much the only good source for our purposes.. besides, he is a huge Indy fan and good guy.. so win-win

Todd's Costumes.. who sells full scale Indy clothing and accessories.. sells small bottles of fuller's earth for cheap... otherwise you have to buy huge containers of it from the movie industry suppliers... he is pretty much the only good source for our purposes.. besides, he is a huge Indy fan and good guy.. so win-win

Yep this man speaks truth. :lecture Todd's is where I bought it from. The stuff works great and is a lot easier to get an authentic weathering effect without ruining the clothing. The best part is if you decide you don't like it, the process is very reversable. Just wash it off with water and the dust is gone.

Back