1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuller's Earth ordered, thanks for the link Mike!

cplhicks - it looks like you choose what country you are located in when setting up an account, so I would assume that he ships to Canada.

thanks for all the compliments guys! I'm glad ya'll liked the jacket, its my first time doing that kinda stuff. The parallel lines are not nearly as visible in person but they are there. You just have to be careful.

Awesome work on your Indy, Roger! A very nice job on the jacket weathering, not an easy thing to do. Still hoping to someday have a Nathan Drake I can work on as much as Indy, he would go right next to him. :rock

Awesome work on your Indy, Roger! A very nice job on the jacket weathering, not an easy thing to do. Still hoping to someday have a Nathan Drake I can work on as much as Indy, he would go right next to him. :rock
oh yes that's how I have them on my shelf. I love both characters soo much.

Just switch the arms. Works great. I got narrow arms on the muscle body. 10 min fix.

So I finally managed to get the peg out of the neck on the TT narrow shoulders to switch bodies on my HT Indy. Finally took him off that overly buff and restrictive body. Finally can get him in more interesting and natural poses.

And you know what? I think I'm gonna switch him back. The shirt and jacket were tailored for the muscle body, even though the fit is not 100% on it, either. But it does fit better on the muscle body than it does on the narrow shoulders TT. The shirt and jacket are definitely too big on the narrow shoulders. The neck seems a little short too. And posing has proven to be a little more difficult than I anticipated because of the restrictive jacket.

Here are some pics:
IMG_6851.JPG

IMG_6836.JPG

IMG_6839.JPG

IMG_6842.JPG

IMG_6843.JPG

I definitely have better range of motion with the arms, so he looks pretty good if I have him in a very active pose. But when I have him in a more stoic hero pose, the clothes look about 2 sizes too big for him.

The best solution would be to replace the arms on the muscle body, like bbl had suggested. The large chest really fills in the clothes better. But I'm a big wuss when it comes to doing hardcore surgery on these figures.

I'll leave him like this for a bit, but I think he's going back to the muscle body.

Here's a youtube video I did showing my custom TOD Indy.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAGwbOHohW0[/ame]

No need for courage my friend. Just a sharp knife or razor. Some powerglue. 1 screwdriver. That's it. Oh and ten minutes of your precious time ;).

You can try the arm on the narrow first. That one has just the screws. Muscle ttm19 works the same, but you have to cut the rubber on two sides. The first cut is preglued and is already there.

Best

Yeah, yeah. I know, bbl. Just gotta work up some courage (and get an extra muscle body).

Been tweaking my TOD Indy, I gave him a tan and dirtied him up quite a bit. His shirt got a tea bath, but I might try to darken it still. I also retouched the blood. Finally, he is borrowing the custom Joe Strain whip I commissioned for my Raiders Indy until I get MFisher's gear. I'm really happy with this figure, and it is so much fun to bash.

TODIndy04.jpg

TODIndy03.jpg

TODIndy05.jpg

TODIndy07.jpg

TODIndy08.jpg

TODIndy09.jpg

TODIndy10.jpg

There's no wire in the whip, that is the natural coil from the leather.

Thanks guys, I am having a blast with this custom!

I picked up the base figure off of eBay, and the prior owner modded the hat to fit the HT head and I just like the way it looks and decided to keep it.

Thanks guys, I am having a blast with this custom!

I picked up the base figure off of eBay, and the prior owner modded the hat to fit the HT head and I just like the way it looks and decided to keep it.

Very nice custom!! I agree about having fun with it. I enjoyed putting mine together as well.

Looks better I think. Might have to consider hollowing out one myself.

The SSC's shape is better but it's a little short in the top part. The finish on the HT one I like, including the real ribbon - the SSC one is a bit shiny and looks painted whereas the HT one looks roughly like a real hat.

I have both, but don't want to ruin the interior of the SSC hat (which is nicely finished with shiny fabric.) I cast it and was in the process of creating a higher top SSC hat when the HT fig was announced. Maybe go back and finish it.

I like most of the tod customs, only indy is not that dirty in the final scene. He's beaten up, but not sanded :)

Back