1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've grown fed up with the TTM, my Sovereign jacket doesn't fit it well, and it's too restrictive on poseability. For me the Goemon and Ezio bodies aren't an option, is the Kaustic Plastik smaller muscle body, the next best choice??

Well you have two options: 1 give the jacket to me. 2 do the armswap a few posts back. Worked for me. Ttm18 arms on a muscle body.

SwedishHeat;43[B said:
[/B]11724]I've grown fed up with the TTM, my Sovereign jacket doesn't fit it well, and it's too restrictive on poseability. For me the Goemon and Ezio bodies aren't an option, is the Kaustic Plastik smaller muscle body, the next best choice??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishHeat;43[B
[/B]11724]I've grown fed up with the TTM, my Sovereign jacket doesn't fit it well, and it's too restrictive on poseability. For me the Goemon and Ezio bodies aren't an option, is the Kaustic Plastik smaller muscle body, the next best choice??

I used the Soldier Story USMC and I like the way it makes my Indy stand, its not as buffed as the hot toys body, you be the judge. The HT head didn't fit but i made it work with some hot glue.

In the back is my own custom arabian horse! :peace

I got it from a great member here, JediMike. The horse used to be black, like in the last crusade, but I always wanted to have one like riders, so I painted him .... It turned out ok I think!

Well you have two options: 1 give the jacket to me. 2 do the armswap a few posts back. Worked for me. Ttm18 arms on a muscle body.

haha, I can't just GIVE it to you.

Okay, well here are the fruits of my labor. . . thanks for the tip.

The mod is pretty 'simple', just nerve-wracking cutting up a $50 body. But, I sliced it along the side that was already glued together, and ended up using a blow-dryer to heat up the chest. This softened it enough so that it was easier to slide off. However my blowdryer ended up overheating as I was almost done. So I just slowly edged it up over the neck post until it was free.

002yzk.jpg

That gave much easier access to the screws on the back of the shoulder assembly. The only hiccup came when I stripped one of the screws, but I just used a flat head instead of the Phillips and it worked out fine.

Then it really is as easy as swapping one set of arms for the other. The ridges along the post of the TTM18 are a little bigger than those on the TTM19, so there's a clicking in the joints similar to the ratchet joints, but whatever. . .

003yljh.jpg

Then it was futzing time. Mod time = 10 minutes. Futzing time = 2 hours. :lol

018sx.jpg

009yd.jpg

So, thar 'tis. A narrow shoulder TTM19.

Overall, I think the combination of the massive shoulders AND the Sovereign jacket were far too restrictive. Ah well, must continue the futz, maybe pad out the shirt. It will never be done. . .

At least I got some poseability back, now I can put him back on display.

I've grown fed up with the TTM, my Sovereign jacket doesn't fit it well, and it's too restrictive on poseability. For me the Goemon and Ezio bodies aren't an option, is the Kaustic Plastik smaller muscle body, the next best choice??

Not really, for the precise reason that it's smaller. It's also about as posable as the TTM-19.

Or, you could just do that!

My email linked to your initial post so I didn't see this page till I'd replied! DOH!

That mod takes cajones bigger than mine!

Looks great. By the way, you only need to exchange the arms. The system that holds them can stay in place.

And I'd buy the jacket from you if you'd like ;)

haha, I can't just GIVE it to you.

Okay, well here are the fruits of my labor. . . thanks for the tip.

The mod is pretty 'simple', just nerve-wracking cutting up a $50 body. But, I sliced it along the side that was already glued together, and ended up using a blow-dryer to heat up the chest. This softened it enough so that it was easier to slide off. However my blowdryer ended up overheating as I was almost done. So I just slowly edged it up over the neck post until it was free.

002yzk.jpg

That gave much easier access to the screws on the back of the shoulder assembly. The only hiccup came when I stripped one of the screws, but I just used a flat head instead of the Phillips and it worked out fine.

Then it really is as easy as swapping one set of arms for the other. The ridges along the post of the TTM18 are a little bigger than those on the TTM19, so there's a clicking in the joints similar to the ratchet joints, but whatever. . .

003yljh.jpg

Then it was futzing time. Mod time = 10 minutes. Futzing time = 2 hours. :lol

018sx.jpg

009yd.jpg

So, thar 'tis. A narrow shoulder TTM19.

Overall, I think the combination of the massive shoulders AND the Sovereign jacket were far too restrictive. Ah well, must continue the futz, maybe pad out the shirt. It will never be done. . .

At least I got some poseability back, now I can put him back on display.

Or, you could just do that!

My email linked to your initial post so I didn't see this page till I'd replied! DOH!

That mod takes cajones bigger than mine!

Would that be Indiana cajones ? :lol

I like that mod. Will save that one for another project I have - "cough Han Solo cough"

Indeed!

I'm hoping WGP deliver both Indy and Han at some stage. I'm leaning towards their WTH head, but I want to see a printed one.

Those Freaks that know me, know how long I've been working on this damn figure. A big thank you to all of the artists on this board who contributed to it, I'm sure you recognize your work :) I am ecstatic to finally be done with him, and couldn't be happier with how he turned out!

_MG_5651.jpg

_MG_5666.jpg

_MG_5668.jpg

_MG_5681.jpg

_MG_5680.jpg

_MG_5673.jpg

_MG_5663.jpg

_MG_5662.jpg

_MG_5661.jpg

Back