1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is nice,

Which head is that and who is it by? It looks too small to me. Unless WGP deliver the heads we all want I don't think anybody's Indy will be done.

_MG_5648.jpg

More pics, Dane... MOAR!!! :hi5:

I'd love to see a few different poses, etc. Are there more shots in your collection thread?

I'm not seeing much of the headsculpt with chin down and the hat over the brow and eyes. What I am seeing in the mouth and jaw looks like Tim Blake Nelson. Can you tilt the hat back a little so we can see the brow and eyes ?

That loos like the shrunk down version of the Premium Format figure that made the rounds a while ago, but I don't remeber who offered it.

Hmmm doesn't seem right. Something seems off with him.

Try taking his head off. Maybe that'll do the trick.

:1-1: Congrats. :lol

images-2.jpg

:lol

Thanks marker :)

It is nice,

Which head is that and who is it by? It looks too small to me. Unless WGP deliver the heads we all want I don't think anybody's Indy will be done.

It's the Trevor Grove Premium Format Raiders Indy sculpt shrunken to 1/6 scale. The sculpt is bigger than the HT sculpt :dunno And the WGP sculpts are nice, still on the fence, but this smirking sculpt captures the essence of Indy perfectly imo. So for all intents and purposes, MY indy is finished, do with yours what you will.

Wonderful Indy's. Those jackets look awesome.

Thank you Cavlcade, we have your tips to thank!

More pics, Dane... MOAR!!! :hi5:

I'd love to see a few different poses, etc. Are there more shots in your collection thread?

There are the same pics in my thread, but I'm definitely going to take some more with different poses. I was just too busy taking it all in last night :lol

Very awesome, Marf and Shorty!

Thank you, Lu :)

I'm not seeing much of the headsculpt with chin down and the hat over the brow and eyes. What I am seeing in the mouth and jaw looks like Tim Blake Nelson. Can you tilt the hat back a little so we can see the brow and eyes ?

This is the best I can do for now, I will try to take some more pics soon :duff

_MG_5673.jpg

That face looks real! How did you do it? What's the head sculpt?

Thanks steveo! The sculpt is the shrunken PF, painted by SilentSurfer :rock

Yup... those are excellent Indys... I used the shrunken PF head on my "dirty" Indy... love that sculpt... wonder what the WGP heads will turn out like though..

Yup... those are excellent Indys... I used the shrunken PF head on my "dirty" Indy... love that sculpt... wonder what the WGP heads will turn out like though..

Thanks Mike, I absolutely love your rig/whip :duff The WGP heads will undoubtedly be awesome, when they get around to them. I almost scrapped this sculpt in favor of theirs, but my love for all things Trevor Grove, as well as the overall spirit of it, swayed me.

What's the status of the WGP heads? News was flooding at one point and has now slowed to the point I can't even find the thread.

I think the sculpts are being printed? Then comes the molding, then casting...hopefully soon!

What's the status of the WGP heads? News was flooding at one point and has now slowed to the point I can't even find the thread.

I think the sculpts are being printed? Then comes the molding, then casting...hopefully soon!

Excuse that I'm in a cynical mood today. I asked this question in the Custom "How to thread" w/o response
Do we know that 3D printing is a viable technology for 1:6 scale headsculpts ?
That is has ANYBODY done that before successfully ?
I know someone earlier asked for reference for WGP and someone posted some pics of a Pfeiffer Catwoman sculpt.
But thats about all I know of and I would'nt be too sure that that is'nt an earlier traditional mold and cast sculpt
As mentioned above WGP had been showing dozens of CG projects and another guy was showing a proposed Blondie using the same technology. Suddenly everyones quiet and no in-hand pics.

Excuse that I'm in a cynical mood today. I asked this question in the Custom "How to thread" w/o response
I know someone earlier asked for reference for WGP and someone posted some pics of a Pfeiffer Catwoman sculpt.
But thats about all I know of and I would'nt be too sure that that is'nt an earlier traditional mold and cast sculpt
As mentioned above WGP had been showing dozens of CG projects and another guy was showing a proposed Blondie using the same technology. Suddenly everyones quiet and no in-hand pics.

I do believe the promise will outweight the reality in most cases, but that is the nature of this hobby, not just 3D printing. Lots of people will fiddle around with Zbrush but only a few will gets casts from it that anyone will want. I understand it is expensive to get a good printing.

That said, WGP has shown a terrific Penguin finished sculpt. I'm not certain what else beyond that. But Indy should be coming soon.

It's completely viable, and WGP has successfully cast several sculpts (albeit a small percentage of what they show in progress). The Catwoman sculpt is a 100% original production by WGP, so you can take that at face value.

It's the Trevor Grove Premium Format Raiders Indy sculpt shrunken to 1/6 scale. The sculpt is bigger than the HT sculpt :dunno And the WGP sculpts are nice, still on the fence, but this smirking sculpt captures the essence of Indy perfectly imo. So for all intents and purposes, MY indy is finished, do with yours what you will.

That's fine, you're happy with him and that's what really counts. I haven't posted mine much because I've never been happy with him.

Yes, it is viable for 1/6 headsculpts and is done often.

The only caveat is that you can't print fine details. The texture that Chu has put on Indy's fedora won't print, as well as the stubble. You can't print skin texture. You will still need to go in and add the fine details by hand.

It's just like what Gentle Giant did with their busts. They still had sculptors go back in and refine the details once the 3D scan had been printed in physical form.

I'm not sure if it's fair to compare yet, as the sculpt has not been "produced" yet, but when you compare the printed version of Kirk to the 3D render you can see that the finely stranded hair goes away, eyebrow detail goes away, the lines in the corners of the eyes go away, you lose a lot of the crisp details. Mostly because you're going from a high-resolution virtual object, with 1,920 lines of resolution (which is probably pretty inaccurate because 3D sculpts are created with polygons, but I'm referring to lines of resolution in the image) to a physical object with made up of maybe 1,000 ultra thin wafers of resin. But, it really all depends on the quality of the printer, I'm not sure what model WGP is using. And maybe they have someone that goes back in by hand to add in the fine details. Don't know yet. But if it turns out well, I'm sure I'll pick up a Traditional Indy.

Bottom line is, in a battle between a talented hand sculptor and a talented 3D sculptor, the hand sculptor will make a better head 10 times out of 10. You can make a photo-real landscape in Photoshop, but when you want to hang that picture on your wall, you need an amazing printer to recreate that art. But, if your an amazing painter, you just hang it up.

EDIT: Anyways, after that long-windedness, I see ShortRound's awesome photos. That HT map is a nice touch. I've always wondered, what is mfisher's whip made of, is it leather or is it a flexible rubber?? Can't really tell.

Back