1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ray, give this thread a boost and post some more pics of that Indy bash of yours. Please and thank ya.

Yeah, you did a fine job, but, as you're not taking commissions and I don't think WGP have found anyone that will, not all the WGP sculpts, Indy included, will look as good as this does.

No matter how skilled the sculptor is, it takes as much talent with the paint job as it does anything else to really make a sculpt zing.

I get by, but I'm not up to your standard. I guess what I'm trying to say is that while there'll be a few 'awesome' Indys I think we should give some leeway to those that might not quite be.

The doors will soon be opening up for commission orders. I will be offering a limited run of WGP Indy sculpts. I will be posting this officially on my thread. :whip

It'll be good to see them. You can post them up here when you're done. As I'm not terribly wealthy I'll be checking yours out and nicking as many techniques as I can! I've learnt plenty already and it can't hurt to learn from the best.

It was probably your work on the SSC Indy that inspired me to work on mine.

It'll be good to see them. You can post them up here when you're done. As I'm not terribly wealthy I'll be checking yours out and nicking as many techniques as I can! I've learnt plenty already and it can't hurt to learn from the best.

It was probably your work on the SSC Indy that inspired me to work on mine.

Thanks my friend. I understand about the funds i'm in the same boat. I will definitely be posting them here. If i can be of any help with application or techniques let me know. I am very excited to see these in person. :peace

Thanks,

I'll have to see the printed ones before I make any kind of decision on them. ZBrush screenshots are one thing, tangible assets are another.

I've still no idea if they sell the sculpts pre drilled for necks, that could be a dealbreaker as I've no means to do that myself.

Thanks,

I'll have to see the printed ones before I make any kind of decision on them. ZBrush screenshots are one thing, tangible assets are another.

I've still no idea if they sell the sculpts pre drilled for necks, that could be a dealbreaker as I've no means to do that myself.

they will be drilled

Oh good,

Right now, there'd be nothing worse than loving it, getting it and then finding that I can't use it because it's not drilled.

Just received Michael Fisher's whip & holster. I was happy with how I'd distressed sideshow's but Mike's work just adds a higher level of cool to any Indy figure.
MediIndyMod3065.jpg

MediIndyMod3063.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking KOTCS Indy there. Yeah, that belt set does look good. The sculpt is also surprisingly good too, certainly better than the SSC one.

I am a big fan of mike's work. Can't say that enough. I own all of his sets :).

Just received Michael Fisher's whip & holster. I was happy with how I'd distressed sideshow's but Mike's work just adds a higher level of cool to any Indy figure.
MediIndyMod3065.jpg

MediIndyMod3063.jpg

Yes...medicom sculpt.
The belt is actually a belt I had in my box from a Dragon Japanese WWII figure. I used the buckle from (I think) a Mr.Bean belt I picked up.

Before it was on a current Soldier Story body...which I recommend if you're going to totally repaint the head to match the body color. It requires that you shave the neck and wrists down and modify for a proper wrist peg fit...and had better shoulder articulation than what I currently have it on:
The TTL body. I used this because it matches the skin color of the head the best. The only mod to the body is shaving the neck down a bit. For both mods a larger hole is drilled in the Medi Head and the rubber neck tube from the inside of the SS head is inserted so you can put the head on a ball joint.
MediIndyMod3001.jpg

MediIndyMod3004.jpg

Just pad his mid-section up slightly.
MediIndyMod3014.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, McHaley! Thanks for posting the step-by-steps!

I have that TTL body that I used for my Ghostbusters Venkman, but the neck is way too skinny and looks less than ideal with the Mattel huge noggin. But it looks perfect with the smaller Medi head!

OK, I got mine ready. It's got Soveirgn studios Clothes (which are amazing , everything is the right size, plus it's got a hot toys body, plus Paul Carson's head, a resin hat, and an awesome re paint from cheungkinmen!

Back