1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry Commtech.... been meaning to answer emails... I have transferred out to the police academy full time as an instructor.. been getting up at 0500 and not getting home until around 5 PM every day... running my butt off !! I am available... just slower than usual... don't want to be one of those guys that takes payment and does not deliver right away... I can do your order but I want to get it started before you pay... will advise on a time line soon..

Cool man. Let me know. Thanks!

sorry Commtech.... been meaning to answer emails... I have transferred out to the police academy full time as an instructor.. been getting up at 0500 and not getting home until around 5 PM every day... running my butt off !! I am available... just slower than usual... don't want to be one of those guys that takes payment and does not deliver right away... I can do your order but I want to get it started before you pay... will advise on a time line soon..

It will be so kind if you can arrange my order as well.:pray:

Yours is done Kato... will be in the post first thing in the morning.. aactually tried to get to the post today but ran out of time and did not get to take a lunch break.

yeah.... I woke up this morning... had just enough time to grab a cup of coffee before I ran out the door to start the 45 minute commute.. got in just in the nick of time to help with inspecting the new trainees, then rush to change out of uniform and into PT gear so I could run with them.. which is when I realized that doing a formation run with only a cup of coffee in the tank is a bad idea.. (breakfast... not so overrated when intense physical exertion is on the agenda)... I crammed vending machine pop tarts down really quickly before we headed out.... then got slammed with everything else on the schedule.. so yeah lunch was out too... phew... tomorrow I think I may actually eat.... but dang I am in great shape again :) This 5 day a week PT schedule is good for an old guy..

I highly recommend Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pop Tarts. They are the best breakfast food ever.

That and Cinnamon Life.

Clean version repaint of Medicom's Young Indy head for a client.
CleanYoungIndyPoster.jpg

My weathered version repaint of Medicom's Young Indy head and neck for me. The clothes will be weathered eventually, and the boots will be painted.

YoungIndy-FullBody1.jpg

The eyes look a little weird in this shot because they are meant to be looking up with his head tilted down, but there's no tilt here.
YoungIndy-DirtyVersion1.jpg

And yes, all the dirt, pimples, and blood are fairly screen accurate.

YoungIndy-DirtyVersion2.jpg

YoungIndy-DirtyVersion4.jpg

YoungIndy-DirtyVersion5.jpg

YoungIndy-DirtyVersion3.jpg

YoungIndy-Bust2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment, first.

Second, to answer your question, I have a favorite brush with some rough bristles at the end from using it to drybrush, which wears out brushes fast. I get a little bit of watered down paint on it, dab most of it off on a paper towel, and oh so lightly touch the end of the brush where i want a rough texture of something like dirt or blood vessels.

damn fine job silent surfer.... the medicom sculpts are under appreciated gems but really stand out when painted up right !

That they do, meanwhile I get fond of the smell of non acetone based nail polish remover as I strip Indy for the fourth time!

I WILL SUCCEED!

CHEERS!

Wow... you squeezed very bit out of that Medicom sculpt. Too bad the stock figure was so odd looking, but you destroyed it :rock

Definitely seeing young indy there... Awesome awesome awesome. I LOVE the extra sweat and blood bits.

Yeah, I'm getting used to blood, sweat and tears myself! LOL!

If it wasn't for the amazing work published on this board then my Indy would still have a factory paint job.

CHEERS!

PS (Forgive me if I go on about my figure a bit, I'm trying to keep myself psyched up.)

Back