1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YoungIndy-FullBody1.jpg

I never wanted this figure until just now. :clap

Thanks everybody. It is amazing what a new coat of paint can do.

PS (Forgive me if I go on about my figure a bit, I'm trying to keep myself psyched up.)

Stay psyched. :yess: You know the fourth times the charm.:exactly: Or is it the third time?:dunno Does that mean fourth is the screw and give up?:( But not for you Rogerbee. You keep at it. To heck with the definition of insanity.:lol

Seriously, the more you stick with it, the more you learn from trial and error. I didn't start this good.

I never wanted this figure until just now. :clap

:exactly:

Thanks everybody. It is amazing what a new coat of paint can do.

Stay psyched. :yess: You know the fourth times the charm.:exactly: Or is it the third time?:dunno Does that mean fourth is the screw and give up?:( But not for you Rogerbee. You keep at it. To heck with the definition of insanity.:lol

Seriously, the more you stick with it, the more you learn from trial and error. I didn't start this good.

:exactly:

Thanks, I will stick at it,

Motivation and inspiration are things any artist will thrive on. I have to tell myself that I have it in me to do it. In the early 90's, I was doing garage kits comparable to what I was seeing in Amazing Figure Modeller. A bad experience with a retailer knocked me out of the hobby for years and it wasn't until 10 years later, when people were repainting DML figures, that I took up the brush again. I almost had to teach myself from scratch what had come entirely naturally all those years ago. I'm getting there, but, unlike before, it gets more challenging as I go on.

CHEERS!

I agree. Both of them are marvelous, but j2_grumpys version is just superb. Is anyone still doing copies of that head?

I LOVE the work on this, and the miracle of the shrunken PF head is something to behold, but from a certain (slightly side-on) angle this head makes Indy look like he's drooling and a bit dopey (or drunk) even with paint as good as this.

Exactly. I love the sculpt on the PF, but shrinking it doesn't seem as good as some people think.

I LOVE the work on this, and the miracle of the shrunken PF head is something to behold, but from a certain (slightly side-on) angle this head makes Indy look like he's drooling and a bit dopey (or drunk) even with paint as good as this.

I think it might be the tilt of the head that gives off that vibe. That's one of the advantages of going neckless and using a neck adapter for articulation I think.

There's some seriously nice custom work being done in here! I'm working on one myself. I really like the SS Indy sculpts but I just they just seem a bit oversized to me on most standard bodies, so I'm trying mine on a DC direct Rorshach body right now, seems like the head is in much better scale with this body to me.

indydirect.jpg

Still early in the project, but we'll see. I've also got a totally different Indy in the works with a different headsculpt and HT body. Hopefully, if this one doesn't turn out like I'm hoping, the other will.

Looking nice so far.

I put my SS Indy head on a Soldier Story body and it looks to scale as well. Need to pick up another loose Soldier Story bod for the map room Indy.

There's some seriously nice custom work being done in here! I'm working on one myself. I really like the SS Indy sculpts but I just they just seem a bit oversized to me on most standard bodies, so I'm trying mine on a DC direct Rorshach body right now, seems like the head is in much better scale with this body to me.

indydirect.jpg

Still early in the project, but we'll see. I've also got a totally different Indy in the works with a different headsculpt and HT body. Hopefully, if this one doesn't turn out like I'm hoping, the other will.

He looks good on that body,

As I have said before, that jacket can be improved by unpicking the stitches holding the tips of the collar down. Depending on the neck length of the chosen body, a Relic Hunter shirt is also a great investment. Just search eBay for Relic Hunter.

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger,

I've already got 2 Relic Hunter shirts :lol

You like it better than the SS one? I like certain things about them both myself, hard to decide. I'm still kicking around ideas on this one for sure. I like your idea about re-working the jacket, I plan to do something with it for sure. I have tons of Indy gear sitting around, I'm sure I'll come up with something eventually.

Back