1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do not order with maxnut studio they just emailed me and said my order has been cancelled and I must go through PayPal to get refund, it was longer than 3 months so PayPal would not refund me, I emailed maxnut and they blocked me, so I have lost 1150
Jesus, that's awful. I feel for you, man.

Over the last few years it seems like a lot of retailers that appeared to be legit have turned heel, failing to fulfill orders and offering store credit (or nothing) in return.

My new rule is going to be to never pay for any pre-order up front. The only retailers I will do business ones are the ones who allow pre orders to be placed without payment, or who take only small NRDs.

Disgusting prices already and the postage is ridiculous 😂😂😂
Screenshot_20230219-075912.png

This is curious. Anyone else suspect this means they outsourced the guns to a licensed 1:6 gun maker? I can’t imagine they’d need or get a license for accessories but I could totally see them going to someone who’s already an expert at making them.
Technically, you do need a license if you’re putting their logo on a likenesses of their product. All this means is that glock approved the likenesses and accepted a fee for doing so. If inart is going to be perceived as “better” than competitors, and not some fly-by-night knock off figure maker, this is a great step forward. Copyright infringement carries treble damages.

BTW - the details are unmistakably glock.

I missed the part where the last Glock I held had "officially licensed product of glock" stamped on the frame. Because accuracy, of course.

I'm not gonna lie, there's enough derivative designs in the gun world anyway, I think I'd be perfectly content without the trickle down costs of officially licencing gun designs for the dollies. Seems like the wrong place to emphasize your attention to detail, when you can put out a piece that looks 99% the way there and no one at gun company XYZ would care anyway.

The Glock logo is all over this thing. From Justin's review:

Glock.png

Plus the model 17 is stamped right on the slide, and the triple trigger safety mechanism, along with the right side cutout for the left handed mag release is there, as well. Sort of hard to say it's just a coincidence and not make a jury snicker.

I'm glad they did the licensing and made Glock approve what they were putting out. You can definitely tell someone went over the details with a fine tooth comb. IMO, this is a fantastic likeness, and I'm glad to have it.

Most definitely, their accuracy is commendable and certainly a testament to the detail they are willing to capture. I remember being amazed when the first 1/6 Glock I picked up (I think from DAM) had a spring loaded slide. I imagine this is the same for someone who's super invested in that sort of thing.

But I know there are replicas of similarly branded weaponry with equal levels of detail. And I feel like with all of that effort by InArt, just to slap the official licensing stamp on the outside in white, seems like a negation of the accuracy involved. Acknowledgement, sure, but like I joked before, that's definitely not on the real thing. An item of near identical accuracy without the branding stamp could have been achieved, without the licensing costs and it wouldn't have had said gaudy text in the end.

Again, commendable by InArt. And I suppose for the gun afficionados, this is like the Nike Swoosh for Marty McFly so wins for the right audience.

But I know there are replicas of similarly branded weaponry with equal levels of detail. And I feel like with Acknowledgement, sure, but like I joked before, that's definitely not on the real thing. An item of near identical accuracy without the branding stamp could have been achieved, without the licensing costs and it wouldn't have had said gaudy text in the end.
All of my glocks are stamped with the Glock logo, not sure where you’ve seen one that isn’t

All of my glocks are stamped with the Glock logo, not sure where you’ve seen one that isn’t
Not the logo/branding, the "officially licensed product of glock" phrase. It's the same that gets put onto the side of airsoft guns and things of the like. To my knowledge, I believe that's where they stamp manufacturing info on the real deal.

That's one way for VIPER to get his revenge on those who doubted. :gun

Rooted > sculpted. The sculpted version looks good but the rooted brings it up to another level imo.

Not to mention the brown in the hair is great. It's closer to how his hair was in the movie. His hair wasn't fully 100% saturated green the way the sculpted hair has it. The top was mainly black/brown and then it transitions into the green for the sides. They got it right with that.

uKgunGE.jpg
Yeah i was having a moment where i was forgetting what heath ledger actually looked like i n the movie. Rooted is better hands down. It's also taken me this long to realise that the face he has is pulled from an exact frame, so from certain angles it doesn't look like Heath but certain angles it does.

Do not order with maxnut studio they just emailed me and said my order has been cancelled and I must go through PayPal to get refund, it was longer than 3 months so PayPal would not refund me, I emailed maxnut and they blocked me, so I have lost 1150
Lodge a dispute with your CC company.

The licensed Glock details are really cool and would never had guessed one of these companies would actually approach Glock about something like this. Having said that, they definitely didn't need to do this. :lol Don't get me wrong - I am looking forward to seeing it in hand. I wonder if we'll see more of the same from InArt regarding other characters with firearms.

Got my standard in hand and wow. Everything feels so premium. The figure itself has this weight/sturdiness to it that I haven’t felt before. The tailoring and quality of materials are fantastic. The coat has a lot of great weathering on it that’s not so apparent in some pictures. I usually don’t give a damn about taking a look at accessories, but the detail and meticulousness of them blew me away here.

Anyone with spec fiction get any shipping notices?
just going by how slow they are with other Queen Studios type products, Spec Fiction will probably be the very last of any retailer to get their stock. Ppl who ordered the 1/4 Queen TDK Joker statue are still waiting on theirs even though it started shipping out at most places almost a year ago now.

Last edited:
Back