1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these your only two options? You no longer want the deluxe?

My first reaction was being incredibly underwhelmed. The big head issue, the lack of expression, the wonky eyes on the jail sculpt, the sock cotton fabric of the purple coat etc. Their mishandling of letting a reviewer show a prototype piece when a production piece is available leading to confusion of whether the head will be too big or not etc. not enough clear production photos or videos are out yet in HD without a nice static show showing the overall piece. There's not enough yet for me to decide, and spending 1000 on a double figure pack that is underwhelming for me personally when ideally I just need a body and suit to get a Yuan studio head sculpt which I was planning to do a while back (someone let the cat out of the bag on his pieces lol), not to mention I own the 1/4 Jaxon and Viper hair and painted sculpt which is considerably better.

So for me personally, in hand will really decide for me, as I already own things which are in my opinion a lot better than what this offers. I think to say that it includes real wood and metal doesn't discount the head size, lack of convincing expression and the purple coat material or make up for it.

That is not to say that as an overall package, if the production isn't a big head like the prototype, this is clearly the best retail piece to date for a 1/6 Joker, and that for the price and what it includes for many this will be a grail in the collection.

But as realistically what I wanted as just a body to put a 1/6 custom head on I'd rather get a single sculpted pack or just cancel the order.

To be fair I wasn't really overly impressed with what they showed of the other prototypes also, but I want to see proper HD pictures, the Youtuber videos suck.

And also to add to the confusion the small fast paced trailer that was frustrating to watch didn't look like it had the big head issues. But again, that further leads me to view Inart in a not so good light.

for me personally when ideally I just need a body and suit to get a Yuan studio head sculpt which I was planning to do a while back (someone let the cat out of the bag on his pieces lol),

Ah, well yeah, if that's all you need then this deluxe seems like over-kill... especially if you're getting one of those grail level heads.

I will be very interested to see your final Ledger Joker once finished. Does Yuan studio take a long time to deliver those sculpts at that level? I mean, have you been waiting long?

Yuan is booked up at least for this year and I think well into next, but they turn around heads fast when it’s your turn.

I recently had one finished up (but sold it on).

Ah, well yeah, if that's all you need then this deluxe seems like over-kill... especially if you're getting one of those grail level heads.

I will be very interested to see your final Ledger Joker once finished. Does Yuan studio take a long time to deliver those sculpts at that level? I mean, have you been waiting long?

Also don't get me wrong, this is why I waited to comment, if this actually turns out great the reason I also got the deluxe is because I'd love the jail scene display also, was hoping to get the best of both. I want this to succeed, so fingers crossed it does!

Not too sure to be honest, I've only had a quote for it. And I didn't really fancy buying just a head to not have the body to go with it. My Heath Joker collection would ultimately be complete if ideally the deluxe turns out great, down the line I get a Yuan head for the Purple Coat version, then the Jaxon x Viper 1/4 head on Hot Toy's 1/4 body and the JND Joker also. Between them all I'd be satisfied with Dark Knight Joker.

But between the money I've sunk into JND already and potentially will do, with them being at my preferred scale, I really need to see the in hand first. Annoyingly what they showed at the event looks better than what Justin showed, but the videos out for it aren't great. There's on clearish video but he doesn't really sustain a full body shot in HD to see it clear enough.

I'd rather wait and hold out then miss out. But I full appreciate why others are already loving it (not the proto, I don't understand the defence for that, the heads are clearly massive, as already mentioned probably to account for production scaling down).

I recently had one finished up (but sold it on).
Now why doesn't this surprise me? :lol

Did you not like the head? Or did you change direction on your Ledger Joker?

I'm not planning to get in line but I was curious on their time frame. It's funny that it takes longer to get into line than it does to get your item back. Sounds like good turnaround though.

Not a fan it looks a bit rough and chalky looking to me just ridiculous at 3-4k but thats me personally
Same honestly, while it looks life like. Some of the work look like it got sharpened by 100x in photoshop

Now why doesn't this surprise me? :lol

Did you not like the head? Or did you change direction on your Ledger Joker?

I'm not planning to get in line but I was curious on their time frame. It's funny that it takes longer to get into line than it does to get your item back. Sounds like good turnaround though.

👀

😂😂😂

The head itself was flawless like all of Yuan’s output. I just needed cash as currently between jobs. I hope to order another one for next year along with Aries’ outift.

864A5E0E-D641-4DFF-86C4-AC730EC03D3B.jpeg
8853A4B6-8286-4CAE-8E53-2C0CAEB0B4BE.jpeg
ADDE3FED-E8E6-4A6F-B988-CEF9F6EEB1AB.jpeg
464CB47B-D31D-458F-851C-5455E1DEDF7D.jpeg
0445853B-D6D5-4818-9AB5-E6CF3F670DF7.jpeg

Just because they’ve got so many orders lined up is why.

I imagine there will be a few who want to move their sculpted PO to a deluxe rooted as well. But cancellations will happen...
If I can find that yuan headsculpt I will do the opposite. Then Id be open to switch my deluxe order with someone for the standard if they ordered from kit if that is even possible. A lot of ifs.

That really is a beautiful custom head... especially like they way they do the hair. Much more like Ledger with the green kind of washing out.
I like how at the roots it looks like real hair. Even with the inart you see a bit of that weird line you know what I mean?

If I can find that yuan headsculpt I will do the opposite. Then Id be open to switch my deluxe order with someone for the standard if they ordered from kit if that is even possible. A lot of ifs.

Keep your deluxe. You should be able to sell those InArt rooted heads for a good price for a long time to come.

The rooted deluxe will hold its value as long as another company doesn’t outperform. Look at the dx11 sat for 7-8 hundred for years on the aftermarket regardless of customs. The average consumer isn’t reaching out to get commission work or joining a clothing run.

Yuan definitely for me is the best painter, but for sure the best hair rooting of a Ledger without a question of a doubt. I was actually thinking of selling my 1/4 Joker and Jaxon x Viper to fund this and the custom -if anyone's interested. ;)

Actually dean while he is skilled with lighting yes.. he was sent a better sample to review then what was mass produced. Trick or treat are frauds in my opinion
Really? I thought he had the regular release, gonna check again.

The rooted deluxe will hold its value as long as another company doesn’t outperform. Look at the dx11 sat for 7-8 hundred for years on the aftermarket regardless of customs. The average consumer isn’t reaching out to get commission work or joining a clothing run.

I bought a pair of 1/6 Joker socks for £500, but they're real cashmere and apparently lifted from the files that they used to print his socks on the film.

Back