1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The issue is that when people preorder the item regardless of what the mentality was behind the preorder greed selfishness whatever an NRD was given based on a 3 day window to order. I think you have to look at both sides of the coin. Some comments I’m reading above I think are a bit far fetched

People are acting like they’re POing Rembrandts.

It is funny to see. I remember how people collected the 3 inch Star Wars stuff in the 90's thinking it would be worth a fortune. Now its mostly trash.

Then the Sideshow figures. Again, mostly worthless.

Same will be said of our collections now in 20 years. A lot of junk no one wants.

The issue is that when people preorder the item regardless of what the mentality was behind the preorder greed selfishness whatever an NRD was given based on a 3 day window to order. I think you have to look at both sides of the coin. Some comments I’m reading above I think are a bit far fetched
The NRD was paid as a deposit to commit to buy the figure. Whether it is a 3 day window, 1 month window, or PO till it's sold out window, you click "pre-order" and you are committed to buy it and you paid the deposit. The 3 day window only affects WHEN you are going to commit to buy. Not the commitment itself.

Cmon guys gotta admit there is some funny business their for goodness sakes even some of the retailers are questioning it. Everyone is entitled to do what they want but peoples NRD if they want it refunded should have the choice. Just like when you order from sideshow and there is a delay they refund your NRD. Against the stipulated preorder agreement lol 😂

I’m trying...and I still fail to see the other side of the coin. Without a PO window, people are gonna pay an NRD regardless.

Almost every trust worthy vendor requires an NRD....y’see-

The NRD was paid as a deposit to commit to buy the figure. Whether it is a 3 day window, 1 month window, or PO till it's sold out window, you click "pre-order" and you are committed to buy it and you paid the deposit. The 3 day window only affects WHEN you are going to commit to buy. Not the commitment itself.

Exactly!

I don't get what you're saying. The NRD is a requirement whether it was the deluxe with the 3 day window or the other versions with a longer timeline.

Now, if it was only the deluxe that required a NRD, maybe some logical argument can be brought up.

Has queen studios put it back on sale? My understanding is, no they did not. Third parties did. It has nothing to do with queen studios then right? If queen studios says theres a three day window, a third party seller buys 500 of them, the third party says there is a three day window, then after that window closes- queen studios no longer sells them- but the third party does- thats something to get mad at the third party for, not queen right?

Cmon guys gotta admit there is some funny business their for goodness sakes even some of the retailers are questioning it. Everyone is entitled to do what they want but peoples NRD if they want it refunded should have the choice. Just like when you order from sideshow and there is a delay they refund your NRD. Against the stipulated preorder agreement lol 😂

But it doesn’t make sense...what’s the point of “demanding NRD refund”? Why, so you can repeat the process again at a later date? Ok sure, let’s have that play out.

You get your NRD refunded. The PO window expires in FIVE days now, instead of the original 3.

Now what?

But you’re clicking preorder based on the fact that you have a 3 day window to do so lol
No. You're clicking preorder based on the fact YOU WANT the figure. It doesn't matter if you do it on day one or the last second. If your reasoning is the time limit made you preorder it, then you have issues with self-control.

Last edited:
Well now it will depend on how long the window stays open. If you can preorder like you do HotToys up to the day it releases why give an upfront NRD so early? We have to see how it plays out.

Now let me tell you I’m Jon the one in the video ☺️. I’ve been collecting Hot Toys since the beginning when reissues weren’t even a thing so I’ve seen it all. I’ve never sold a figure or statue but I like to collect and appreciate the rarity of a piece that was the old mentality with 1/6 collecting. Now Hot Toys reissues everything and that old collecting mentality has dwindled. I’m excited for Queen because this adds much needed competition in the hobby. They had 3 versions of the joker the deluxe was meant to be more of a higher end option so maintain that exclusivity for the people that put down a deposit right away. Why would I put down an NRD if I can wait until the item releases right?

In regards to Kit good guy never disrespected him I actually spoke to him directly and plan on doing all my Queen purchases through his company.

I’m a passionate guy when it comes to collecting I know it comes off as hard headed but it is what it is lol don’t mean to disrespect anyone just sharing my opinions whether it’s popular or not. I’ve been on YouTube for a year now and I always try to stand up for what I believe in. I hate reissues and companies taking advantage of collectors ☺️ This page brings back sooooo many memories do you guys remember when Sideshow and Hot Toys were in their Prime! Damn it was great collecting

Back