1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need it.. :google

cBbRRvm.jpg
Same. Definitely need the rooted version.

I woke up today, though, and thought “hmm, maybe sculpted is good enough. It looks really nice. Maybe the hype was getting the better of me?” But, then I looked at the rooted pics again and was back on going all out with the rooted version :lol

Last edited:
I truly have a hard time seeing how Howard cares about this company. This will do absolutely nothing to HT's bottom line. Nothing.

Hopefully, Queen grabs Batman Return's license and gives us a 1/6 Catwoman and a 1/6 Penguin with the same love Joker is getting. I'd pay 1K for that insanely amazing 2 pack!
Will it put them out of business?
Of course not.
Will it make an impact on their bottom line…yes.
Being considered the industry leader in quality and not just sales is a self fulfilling prophecy that equates to stronger sales.
How many people held off on a Sideshow version of some Star Wars character so that they could “wait to see” if Hot Toys made a version of the same character. even if it meant waiting for several years?
Now, how many people are literally holding off on ordering Hot Toys The Batman figure, arguably one of their most loaded recent releases, to wait to see what Queen Studios does?
Give it time, and that shift definitely will make an impact.
And it definitely has to sting. It would sting anyone who takes pride in their work and position in their industry.

Where's darthkostis?

Either he's in a coma or still typing his response to the photos. :lol
f7429929875717a2016376fbc5884b626f42d71b.gifv

Kostis isn't coming back. That persona is done.

He's finding the perfect GIFs to write his response of course.
fb76352e282f130bc56daf7ddcbe3871caac6782.gifv

-

I'm passing on the rooted set, obviously. They're dolls, I'm not spending that much money on such a set, especially in these uncertain days. So I'm out from the get-go on that front. But I am glad it turned out like this. Had they offered a solo rooted option at 500$ I'd have been tempted, and that's a slippery slope. There are very, very few characters I'd give that money for, and Joker isn't one of them. That said, I'm definitely in for the sculpted. The way I see it, these rooted versions will be very few and far between, so there's no point for a mid-tier collector like me to even try to obtain them. My Ledger Joker will be paired with my DX19 and that'll be it. They won't be the crown jewels of my collection, just a pair I need to have. I might even put them in the movie shelf, and have my Bat-Shelf be entirely Battinson. We'll see, it's too early. Now I just need to decide from where to get this. I put everything on installments, but I'll have to wait and see if my usual store carries it. Otherwise it's OSK. I'll give it some time, see if HT puts up their MK for PO too, try and juggle it all. I do have to say that it looks stunning though. I don't think I'll even wait and see if HT releases a 3.0; what'd be the point?

Beyond that, I'm curious to see how far they'll take this. Ledger Joker is one thing. But who's going to buy two Grey Gandals and two White Gandals and two Resurrection Neos and two Legolas...i? and so forth, if that's the only way they'll do rooted versions. Unless of course the two-pack was a one time thing and they'll shift gears, doing sculpted and rooted releases of the long-haired characters, and regular sculpted for the shorter haired ones. We'll see soon enough, I suppose. Oh, and I do hope they don't ship within 8 months or some such; I'm fine waiting 1.5 years and spacing it all out. I don't need that much pressure.

The million dollar question here is how these changes will impact the hobby as a whole. Whether we'll see it moving towards rooted, magnetic bases and the such. But it's too early, and the times too unpredictable, so I think for the time being things will continue as is. Still, it's something to ponder.

Now the one I'm anxious for is their Paul. The rooted will tempt me here, but it'll depend on pricing, edition sizes, and so on. In either case, I'm waiting.

paul-atreidies-paulatrei.gif

Last edited:
Kostis! Why you change your identity?
  1. It's been 10 years; I needed a change.
  2. The all-lowercase front was pissing me off.
  3. It was IP-specific (darth = Star Wars) instead of more generalised, so I didn't feel right if my profile pics and the such weren't following the same pattern, leaving me with fewer options.
  4. Like I said in the Obi-Wan thread, it was time to move on.
I got tired of maintaining the facade with the huge blogposts. The repetition was too much. Stream of consciousness can be relaxing, but going all out is taxing. It's time to be more real, less exagerrated.

Until this figure I have never noticed how much shorter his hair is in the interrogation scene.
The interrogation scene was one of the first scenes filmed, that's why he has the shorter hair.

The single sculpted comes with the Mob scene makeup and longer hair, that sculpt with the bare arms and hands does not make sense if you care about screen accuracy.

f7429929875717a2016376fbc5884b626f42d71b.gifv

Kostis isn't coming back. That persona is done.

fb76352e282f130bc56daf7ddcbe3871caac6782.gifv

-

I'm passing on the rooted set, obviously. They're dolls, I'm not spending that much money on such a set, especially in these uncertain days. So I'm out from the get-go on that front. But I am glad it turned out like this. Had they offered a solo rooted option at 500$ I'd have been tempted, and that's a slippery slope. There are very, very few characters I'd give that money for, and Joker isn't one of them. That said, I'm definitely in for the sculpted. The way I see it, these rooted versions will be very few and far between, so there's no point for a mid-tier collector like me to even try to obtain them. My Ledger Joker will be paired with my DX19 and that'll be it. They won't be the crown jewels of my collection, just a pair I need to have. I might even put them in the movie shelf, and have my Bat-Shelf be entirely Battinson. We'll see, it's too early. Now I just need to decide from where to get this. I put everything on installments, but I'll have to wait and see if my usual store carries it. Otherwise it's OSK. I'll give it some time, see if HT puts up their MK for PO too, try and juggle it all. I do have to say that it looks stunning though. I don't think I'll even wait and see if HT releases a 3.0; what'd be the point?

Beyond that, I'm curious to see how far they'll take this. Ledger Joker is one thing. But who's going to buy two Grey Gandals and two White Gandals and two Resurrection Neos and two Legolas...i? and so forth, if that's the only way they'll do rooted versions. Unless of course the two-pack was a one time thing and they'll shift gears, doing sculpted and rooted releases of the long-haired characters, and regular sculpted for the shorter haired ones. We'll see soon enough, I suppose. Oh, and I do hope they don't ship within 8 months or some such; I'm fine waiting 1.5 years and spacing it all out. I don't need that much pressure.

The million dollar question here is how these changes will impact the hobby as a whole. Whether we'll see it moving towards rooted, magnetic bases and the such. But it's too early, and the times too unpredictable, so I think for the time being things will continue as is. Still, it's something to ponder.

Now the one I'm anxious for is their Paul. The rooted will tempt me here, but it'll depend on pricing, edition sizes, and so on. In either case, I'm waiting.

paul-atreidies-paulatrei.gif
Very much agree with all of this, I would've considered a rooted standard version for $500, but locking it to a double pack that will cost over $1000 completely killed my interest in getting the rooted versions.

I'm also waiting to see what Hot Toys will do with their new Joker, the ball's in their court now, say they release two versions of the Joker, regular one for around $300 and then a rooted for $500, seamless arms and all, it could happen, QS announcing this first could force Hot Toys to actually try with the sculpt and innovate if they want to come out on top.

The other figures won't sell as well as Joker so they shouldn't pull this double pack nonsense, especially with characters like Paul and Neo, I would say they should just do one sculpt for all figures moving forward so they can just have a regular and rooted version, I feel that would be less taxing for Viper or whoever is rooting these and would give folks the opportunity to grab more rooted figures.

I don't think it will impact the hobby that much, all these things have been done before but just never got this much attention, seamless arms and magnetic bases are something most brands could do, diecast weapons sound fancy but the cast on those always loses the detail you get with plastic, the one thing that could change the hobby is the rooted hair, IF it turns out like the proto, that would be bad news though because then you would see everyone raising their prices in order to produce those figures.

We are china base company, technically Queen is selling their product within China, I don’t have any agreement with licensor :p

for example most of threezero license aren’t worldwide license but they do distribute their product worldwide, no one stop them since day one
Hi I've been eyeing your online store. You get items and pre orders before let's say giantoy. Do you sell to them your inventory? Wondering which has better customer service and shipping?? Thank you

True in a sense, but Victor’s a regular, everyday name apart from that, so it’s far more malleable. It can go with anything.
I mean this as respectfully as possible…but is it possible that you may be spending way too much time thinking about…ALL of this?

Back