1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today.
I really like it, but I think the new HT prototype looks better. It'll be interesting to see how the production eventually turns out.
For a company's first attempt at 1/6 scale however, this is really impressive. I have The Batman, Gandalf and Aragorn on pre-order, and I am even more impatient now for their release.
I still want to take a hairdryer and tweezers to the hair. This shot is pretty much straight out of the box with minimal futzing.

View attachment 655417
He looks amazing!!

In ten years, collectors will be laughing at this InArt Joker the same way. Technological progress will affect even this current work of art.

Just a month ago, it was the end-all, be-all figure. Now it is being placed behind HT's "Artisan" by some people. It is hard to stand at the top podium for any length of time...
You make a good point.

Thankfully the technologies/approaches are clearly advancing, and the existence of strong competition only enhances this and is good for us collectors.

That said I have to believe that this InArt Joker will hold up for a good amount of time. I think it will be like what @Wor-Gar said about the Nicholson Joker.

I think the people who are already throwing dirt on this figure bk of the Hot Toys Artisan Joker are premature …the Artisan figure does look good but at this point is only a prototype. I have only been collecting Hot Toys since 2017 but it is clear to me that they are very capable of turning out some amazing final products but they also sometimes produce figures that are significantly less impressive than their prototypes.

In ten years, collectors will be laughing at this InArt Joker the same way. Technological progress will affect even this current work of art.

Just a month ago, it was the end-all, be-all figure. Now it is being placed behind HT's "Artisan" by some people. It is hard to stand at the top podium for any length of time...

Respectfully disagree. Because-

Imagine: InArt looking in 10 years like the DX11 looks now... :lol

Yet, my 10 year old Batman Nicholson Joker looks outstanding still.

Bank Robber Joker, DX01, 89 Joker and mime version, Bruce lee, BD T-800 all still look pretty good to this day. Granted their likeness’ are on the idealized side, but they’re from a time when HT were actually trying.

The DX11 was not just a huge downgrade, but it gave me the impression that HT were boldly telling us “we’re going to release the dankest looking joker and you will still buy it” 🤣

You make a good point.

Thankfully the technologies/approaches are clearly advancing, and the existence of strong competition only enhances this and is good for us collectors.

That said I have to believe that this InArt Joker will hold up for a good amount of time. I think it will be like what @Wor-Gar said about the Nicholson Joker.

I think the people who are already throwing dirt on this figure bk of the Hot Toys Artisan Joker are premature …the Artisan figure does look good but at this point is only a prototype. I have only been collecting Hot Toys since 2017 but it is clear to me that they are very capable of turning out some amazing final products but they also sometimes produce figures that are significantly less impressive than their prototypes.

Honestly the ones that are throwing dirt on IA’s Joker are the usual suspects who’ve been throwing dirt since day 1 and continue to do so despite the figure and company having proven itself. They were never gonna give IA the time of day. It truly feels like IA went to their home, slept with their mom, threw their pet in the microwave and set fire to all of their dolls.

I mean, THATS the impression I get, given the way they reacted to IA’s presence….

…was that too much??

😅

You know I tried this and it actually worked. I've been heavily modifying and reworking the old Sideshow comic Joker and one of the things I really wanted to improve were the jacket lapels. After seeing that ironing then hammering method, I tried it and the lapels are much sharper, lay flatter and appear thinner/less bulking than before.
Do you have any pics of the sideshow joker you're working on?

I've said this before, but in ten years Joker will be pressing his face against the glass, asking if you want to know how he got his scars.

I'm sure that robotics will play into the future of 1/6 figures. Miniaturized arduino controlling user programmed movements of the figure:

- Moving eyes
- Turning heads
- Changing mouth expressions
- Moving hands and arms
- Sounds (voices, music, etc.)

Who knows what else?...

AND a figure will only cost a little over grand...

I'm sure that robotics will play into the future of 1/6 figures. Miniaturized arduino controlling user programmed movements of the figure:

- Moving eyes
- Turning heads
- Moving hands and arms

Who knows what else?...

sq1n7bs0kxla1f1bcfbo.jpg

All you.

I've said this before, but in ten years Joker will be pressing his face against the glass, asking if you want to know how he got his scars.

Yeaaaahh…the moment my toys starting walking around and talking, I’m calling an exorcist and moving outta the country, because F*** that.

- Moving eyes
- Turning heads
- Moving hands and arms

Who knows what else?...

This may be way too weird to even consider…but would anyone consider moving eyelids an evolution of headsculpts?

Imagine, when we move the ey…

Yknow what, forget it. That’s way too effin weird and creepy 😱

The more I think about it, the more attractive inart figures are. Hot Toys price increases have been nuts, and when you figure prices on at least non rooted hair inart figures are roughly comparable, there is just no contest. I was mostly out of 1/6 scale buying for a year or two now, but I think this company is going to suck me back in. Based on my sample size of one with joker, they are redefining what a high end mass produced figure is. Hot Toys is going to have to figure out a way to adapt and compete or they may be in trouble. Seems like their monopoly on direct sales to US consumers, and possibly access to 1/6 scale Disney licenses, are the only major cards they hold on my eyes. Yes they can throw in a bunch of random accessories and vehicles, but that stuff doesn't move the needle for me when the bottom line is quality and presence.

Also, great year to be a joker fan.

Attachments

• 20230809_193041.jpg
    20230809_193041.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
My wife wants me dead by the time technology allows 1/6th scale figures to style their own rooted hair.
"Imagine what that would cost. And I know you would not be able to resist buying it.", says she.

The more I think about it, the more attractive inart figures are. Hot Toys price increases have been nuts, and when you figure prices on at least non rooted hair inart figures are roughly comparable, there is just no contest. I was mostly out of 1/6 scale buying for a year or two now, but I think this company is going to suck me back in. Based on my sample size of one with joker, they are redefining what a high end mass produced figure is. Hot Toys is going to have to figure out a way to adapt and compete or they may be in trouble. Seems like their monopoly on direct sales to US consumers, and possibly access to 1/6 scale Disney licenses, are the only major cards they hold on my eyes. Yes they can throw in a bunch of random accessories and vehicles, but that stuff doesn't move the needle for me when the bottom line is quality and presence.

Also, great year to be a joker fan.

Thanks for this post. For me, a figures value is beyond the portrait. Yes, likeness and accuracy are SUPER important and make for about 70% (or more or less is subjective) of a collectible. Accessories and various other factors make up the rest. IA out DX’d HT first DX: 2 full figures, haired, LEGIT newly developed body with magnetic neck, elbows and wrists joints, a crazy diorama made of metal and wood. Take all of that away and the sculpted version still has the newly developed body and costs about the same or slightly less than HT sculpted joker. WHILE IT DOES INDEED LOOK GOOD…eh, I don’t see the value behind it.

and I agree. The only way for HT to compete is to rely on the secured IPs, worldwide distribution, loyal to a fault fan base and brand name.

And it’s working. You have a good number of collectors that were waiting for their joker. It’s here, but without all of IA’s innovations. Do those fans care? NO.

‘I don’t need magnets to enjoy my figure.”

“meh, the 2nd head sculpt is unnecessary, I won’t display it anyway.”

“BAHAHA this VS IA’s $1000 pretender to the throne?! This over IA’s ALL DAY!- Wuzzat? IA had 2 figures? Pfft whatever! I wasn’t gonna display the 2nd one anyway!”

Astonishing mentality. Their logic just blows my mind.

Rumour has it if you display both Inart and hot toys in the same cabinet Howard will send the Hot Squad round.

Seriously though I'm thankful for Inart between them and the 3rd party companies they've added life to the hobby again.
View attachment 655419

Is that display cabinet from Argos? I have the same one, that gap is a bit annoying isn't it?

I will give a few more years beyond that, but by 2040 I want my figures to be able to act out my favorite screens on a loop. Program in a new screen when I want to change it up.

Back