1/6 Hot Toys - Zack Snyder's Justice League - Batman (Tactical Batsuit Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done this mod with JL and Tactical Batman. It can't be done enough to make it totally screen accurate as it starts to deform the area where the mouthpiece fits but it really does improve it. I've ended up ordering one of these.
399869230_10231290344305587_4088806205784885771_n.jpeg
400125987_10231290330905252_1719493928866809145_n.jpeg

I've done this mod with JL and Tactical Batman. It can't be done enough to make it totally screen accurate as it starts to deform the area where the mouthpiece fits but it really does improve it. I've ended up ordering one of these.
View attachment 673533View attachment 673534
Aww man that's tremendous. I imagine it comes with a tremendous price tag as well. Is that a Zhao 3D modeler sculpt?

View attachment 673553View attachment 673554View attachment 673555View attachment 673556View attachment 673557
Hopefully that gives a good idea of what to do. I use a thin metal pick to shove the foam around the neck adapter. After a while it holds it's shape without the foam but not sure if that's permanent so I leave the foam in. Doesn't hinder neck movement at all. Hope that's helpful!
This works way better than the pieces of folded paper I am using. Will try this. THANKS!!!

Aww man that's tremendous. I imagine it comes with a tremendous price tag as well. Is that a Zhao 3D modeler sculpt?
I don't know who it's made by. There's a guy that paints them and sells them on and the price is an absolute bargain. 1/6 Custom Paint Central Facebook

I don't know who it's made by. There's a guy that paints them and sells them on and the price is an absolute bargain. 1/6 Custom Paint Central Facebook
Careful, those are recasts of others sculpts and he paints them, kinda rough.

View attachment 673553View attachment 673554View attachment 673555View attachment 673556View attachment 673557
Hopefully that gives a good idea of what to do. I use a thin metal pick to shove the foam around the neck adapter. After a while it holds it's shape without the foam but not sure if that's permanent so I leave the foam in. Doesn't hinder neck movement at all. Hope that's helpful!
Thanks for the pics.
Let me try when he arrives….
Not sure when, altho i am in Asia…

Careful and rough in what way? I've had a few off him and he has repainted my Sideshow PF statue faces.
I joined the group and it seems to be a talented painter doing them, based on other folks posting work they've received from him. It's not a recast I recognize. Please post pics when you receive yours!

What did you do to mod the neck?

If you don’t mind can you share a picture or two?

Thanks for the link, I’ll check it out, I like Dean Knight
Sorry, took me a while to find the pics, did the mod a long while ago…

So, the neck connector might look quite “rough” here, but it’s perfectly safe, let me explain:
First, I took the connector and wrapped it with tons of black duct tape, and then with a stylus I cut out the parts that were not needed.
Why it looks so rough? Because after I got the correct shape, I covered it with gel locktite, so that the tape won’t ever slip or move. And then I sanded it a bit so it won’t scratch the inside of the mask.

This “rough” version of the mod is my own decision, others before me and as you can see from what others shared here, it can be done in different ways…

One thing that I will definitely recommend:
Warm up the cowl before inserting the thicker neck connector, either with a hair drier or hot water.
It’ll allow you to insert the connector easily and avoid any damages due to pressure while trying to fit the connector.
IMG_1317.jpeg

IMG_1354.jpeg

IMG_1355.jpeg

IMG_1356.jpeg

No damages or scratches on the inside:
IMG_1357.jpeg

Sorry, took me a while to find the pics, did the mod a long while ago…

So, the neck connector might look quite “rough” here, but it’s perfectly safe, let me explain:
First, I took the connector and wrapped it with tons of black duct tape, and then with a stylus I cut out the parts that were not needed.
Why it looks so rough? Because after I got the correct shape, I covered it with gel locktite, so that the tape won’t ever slip or move. And then I sanded it a bit so it won’t scratch the inside of the mask.

This “rough” version of the mod is my own decision, others before me and as you can see from what others shared here, it can be done in different ways…

One thing that I will definitely recommend:
Warm up the cowl before inserting the thicker neck connector, either with a hair drier or hot water.
It’ll allow you to insert the connector easily and avoid any damages due to pressure while trying to fit the connector.
View attachment 674376

View attachment 674377

View attachment 674378
View attachment 674379

No damages or scratches on the inside:
View attachment 674380
That looks really nice, thanks for the detailed instructions. He definitely looks better with added thickness to the lower face an neck area!

Thanks to you and @IAmIronMan for taking the time to leave helpful hints …what a great community we have here!!

Careful, those are recasts of others sculpts and he paints them, kinda rough.
not sure if this is the same guy

,i saw him and the sculpt featured earlier in this thread and found him on ebay uk and bought the bvs batman from him ,the one Justin reviewed on his you tube channel

the paint was good but it was kinda small on the figure especially when compared to the same head pictured in Justins review
possibly because it was a recast and shrunk a little

passable on his own but looks a bit of a pinhead when displayed with superman and wonder woman

not sure if this is the same guy

,i saw him and the sculpt featured earlier in this thread and found him on ebay uk and bought the bvs batman from him ,the one Justin reviewed on his you tube channel

the paint was good but it was kinda small on the figure especially when compared to the same head pictured in Justins review
possibly because it was a recast and shrunk a little

passable on his own but looks a bit of a pinhead when displayed with superman and wonder woman
Did you mention it to him? He's replaced two of mine for minor things with no issues.

I cannot understand how you can support theft like that.
Do those sculpters pay DC or Ben Affleck? I don't think so. And then they ask crazy money for a unpainted headsculpt, around 400 euro. So they make a big profit without paying the company or person who has the copyrights. That is something i don't support.

Because people who recast or buy recast sculpts and paint and sell them for a fair price, we all can enjoy custom heads.

I buy them unpainted for ali express for around 50 euro and let them paint by somebody who doesn't ask for crazy money.

It keeps collecting fun for me.

Do those sculpters pay DC or Ben Affleck? I don't think so. And then they ask crazy money for a unpainted headsculpt, around 400 euro. So they make a big profit without paying the company or person who has the copyrights. That is something i don't support.

Because people who recast or buy recast sculpts and paint and sell them for a fair price, we all can enjoy custom heads.

I buy them unpainted for ali express for around 50 euro and let them paint by somebody who doesn't ask for crazy money.

It keeps collecting fun for me.
At the risk of getting a bit off-topic, I suppose everyone has their own justification as to why or why not a recast isn't stealing. That said, there is already legal precedent for original sculptors creating art for sale in limited numbers without paying the subject. In fact Cheryl Tiegs did a full body cast that was actually used by an artist for their "artistic creation" where she never got a penny.

From this link:

"In other states, however, such as New York, the right of publicity holds only during the lifetime of a person. A 1993 case shows the extent to which New York courts have been reticent to curtail artistic freedoms—even when the artist is casting a likeness of a person for a sculpture. Supermodel Cheryl Tiegs entered into a messy legal fight with sculptor Mihail Simeonov over a plaster cast the artist had made of Tiegs with her consent. He planned on selling sculptures he created using this cast, but the supermodel said she never would give permission to the sculptor to sell her image. (Tiegs had agreed to the cast to show that it was not a harmful process and could be used on elephants as part of a wildlife preservation awareness campaign.)

But a New York court found the sculptor’s use didn’t qualify as trade or an advertisement and that his rights under the first amendment exceeded Tiegs’s right to control her image, even though the Tiegs sculpture would quite literally have been cast from the supermodel’s body. “An artist may make a work of art that includes a recognizable likeness of a person without her or his written consent and sell at least a limited number of copies thereof without violating his or her right of publicity, the court found."

I don't understand the justification that the original sculptor didn't pay DC or Ben Affleck, so it's OK for someone else to ripoff their work. Even so, not supporting the original artist because "they make a big profit without paying the company or person who has the copyrights", seems sort of disingenuous when one supports the downstream recaster that is effectively selling the same thing anyways, but it's cheaper. It's only cheaper because the recaster heinously plagiarized the original work (IMO).

Clearly, original sculpts aren't cheap. It's just my personal preference to support the original artist that invests their own talent, time, and creativity, rather than someone who just makes cheap copies of someone else's work. If someone else wants to support the recaster, that's clearly their prerogative and really doesn't affect my decision at all. That said, let's just all agree that people buy recasts because it's cheaper, rather than use a convenient moral justification that doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

No disrespect, just my opinion.

Last edited:
At the risk of getting a bit off-topic, I suppose everyone has their own justification as to why or why not a recast isn't stealing. That said, there is already legal precedent for original sculptors creating art for sale in limited numbers without paying the subject. In fact Cheryl Tiegs did a full body cast that was actually used by an artist for their "artistic creation" where she never got a penny.

From this link:

"In other states, however, such as New York, the right of publicity holds only during the lifetime of a person. A 1993 case shows the extent to which New York courts have been reticent to curtail artistic freedoms—even when the artist is casting a likeness of a person for a sculpture. Supermodel Cheryl Tiegs entered into a messy legal fight with sculptor Mihail Simeonov over a plaster cast the artist had made of Tiegs with her consent. He planned on selling sculptures he created using this cast, but the supermodel said she never would give permission to the sculptor to sell her image. (Tiegs had agreed to the cast to show that it was not a harmful process and could be used on elephants as part of a wildlife preservation awareness campaign.)

But a New York court found the sculptor’s use didn’t qualify as trade or an advertisement and that his rights under the first amendment exceeded Tiegs’s right to control her image, even though the Tiegs sculpture would quite literally have been cast from the supermodel’s body. “An artist may make a work of art that includes a recognizable likeness of a person without her or his written consent and sell at least a limited number of copies thereof without violating his or her right of publicity, the court found."

I don't understand the justification that the original sculptor didn't pay DC or Ben Affleck, so it's OK for someone else to ripoff their work. Even so, not supporting the original artist because "they make a big profit without paying the company or person who has the copyrights", seems sort of disingenuous when one supports the downstream recaster that is effectively selling the same thing anyways, but it's cheaper. It's only cheaper because the recaster heinously plagiarized the original work (IMO).

Clearly, original sculpts aren't cheap. It's just my personal preference to support the original artist that invests their own talent, time, and creativity, rather than someone who just makes cheap copies of someone else's work. If someone else wants to support the recaster, that's clearly their prerogative and really doesn't affect my decision at all. That said, let's just all agree that people buy recasts because it's cheaper, rather than use a convenient moral justification that doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

No disrespect, just my opinion.
Everybody has to do what they think is right.

I don't share your opinion, but it's ok to have a own opinion.

At the end, i can't justify a 400 euro unpainted headsculpt. Recast are the only way for me to keep my hobby fun and not to expensive.

Just do things the way you think is right, and injoy your hobby.

I cannot understand how you can support theft like that.
Fair enough.
I contacted the original sculptors before I went this route. Granted there have never been any left when I have.
I'm no angel. I've broken the speed limit before and I've watched some pirated movies before.
Buying a few recast figureheads is something I can live with.

Back