1/6 Hot Toys - WW1984 - Wonder Woman (Golden Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea on the size of the wing span on this?

Also, you guys reckon there will be a "regular" WW84 release with the new sculpt and brighter coloured regular outfit?

Any idea on the size of the wing span on this?

Also, you guys reckon there will be a "regular" WW84 release with the new sculpt and brighter coloured regular outfit?

Per the specs the wingspan is approximately 67cm (@ 26.4").

A regular release would be relatively inexpensive for HT to churn out - just slap the new sculpt on the JL version and tweak the paint apps. But given there seems to be great interest in such a version, I'm guessing NO, HT won't bother. :lol

It just occurred to me that Why couldn't they do Vulture when they could do this!!??!?!?

Well, Vulture's wingspan of 120cm (@ 47.2") is significantly larger, the design is more intricate and HT probably thinks he appeals to a smaller demographic. And then of course he's a villain.

I was hoping we'd get the serious look, and not the side glance look. Or at least the straight look like in the prototype. But i think they are saving the straight look for the normal armor.

WONDER WOMAN HELMET SERIOUS 1A.jpg

I POed the deluxe. Not sure if the extra set of wings actually merit it, but figured I’d err on that side. Still I think HT should have thrown in something else.

I've pre-ordered the Iron Studios 1/10 as well. It looks really nice, plus sculpted hair.

Now that I think about it, I should probably pick up the 1/10 statue for the helmeted look and sculpted hair.

I feel a little hesitant to put the helmet onto the Hot Toys sculpt - unsure if it will stain or scratch the sculpt. Not to mention screw up the hair.

Umm, figure is coming out a year from now. Movie is out in a few months.

Yeah but that doesn't change when they need to place their orders. Timewalker literally puts on their figure pages sometimes, 'Please try to order by x date' and then after they say 'We've placed our factory order.' They don't let them order 5 months out from now.

I?m not quite sure I get the logic of maybe not getting the figure because it might not be in the movie that much. Hot Toys has released concept versions for Iron Man, Cap and Wonder Woman that were never even in movies and people buy it because they like the design and execution. Hell, people even buy figures for movies they don?t even like and/or video games they?ve never even played. If you enjoy the figure, that should be reason enough.

People buy those things sure, doesn't mean I do. Zero interest for concept Captain America or pre-production Boba Fett parts for instance. I collect these things for being in movies I love. I definitely have a lot more leniency for classic movies where something only appeared for a few minutes like Star Wars or Robocop since I've seen those movies 1000 times.

But I am not spending $3-400 for every new release that comes out for something that was barely in the movie. In all honesty I'll watch new movies, what, maybe 3-4 times in my whole life typically? I don't think I've seen any movie more than 4-5 times that's come out in the last decade. It's gotta be worth my time, my money, and my interest to drop $400 on a figure.

Speaking of which, I found it interesting that BBTS is listing both versions for $15 more than Sideshow: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Sear...geSize=50&SortOrder=New&Brand=2149&Company=28

When you have the HK options, and even Timewalker giving discounts ($290/$349) on the preorder price, I wonder what BBTS is doing.

Hi guys, does anyone know if toysbuyingagent charges right away or when it ships? On another note, I wish they?d make a Steve Trevor this time around.

Hi guys, does anyone know if toysbuyingagent charges right away or when it ships? On another note, I wish they?d make a Steve Trevor this time around.

Only when it ships, but you still have to pay a minimum 20% deposit up front.

And yeah, I'm still bummed we never got any kind of Trevor figure from the first movie. Not even a third party outfit set.

Only when it ships, but you still have to pay a minimum 20% deposit up front.

And yeah, I'm still bummed we never got any kind of Trevor figure from the first movie. Not even a third party outfit set.

There is always the Steve Trevor Barbie option. [emoji23]

Even if you can't display the open winged version in a detolf and detolfs are your own "safe" way of displaying (relatively dust free), would you STILL buy the special edition OR stick to the regular?

Curious as I don't know which to go for.

Even if you can't display the open winged version in a detolf and detolfs are your own "safe" way of displaying (relatively dust free), would you STILL buy the special edition OR stick to the regular?

My plan is to go with the regular version. If I had more space, the deluxe would be great, but it's just too big. Plus I think the regular version looks great enough on its own.

If price isn't an issue I'd go with the deluxe. IMO it will have a better resale value down the road (if that matters to you), plus if your situation ever changes with respect to display options you might regret not having the other set of wings.

Heck even with my DC collection displayed in a Vittsjo with more a lot more space, it's going to be tricky fitting the Deluxe version in there with all the others. But regardless it's still too cool a display option not to have. Even if it is ridiculous that they want an extra $60 for it.

Shame there isn't an in between option where you can have the wings displayed more like this:

FB_IMG_1584122350854.jpg

Back