1/6 Hot Toys - WW1984 - Wonder Woman (Golden Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup same with Captain Phasma. Their final figures are usually sealed up really well. And this will be all plastic, so there won't be any hard diecast edges rubbing up against anything.

I was thinking the same thing. Armoured Thanos came to my mind.

I'm sure they'll use the same process or even the same gold paint as his armour.

P.S that's weathering not paint cracking :lol

thanos__gallery_5ca2698f8d742.jpg

There is something off about her left eye (from front view). I think they've painted it ever so off line with the right.

Sure it may not be looking dead straight, but if she is looking to her left then one eye is a bit cross eyed. But it's prototype I know.

98350377_10157215268317344_2956775578146963456_o.jpg

This is far more tempting than it has any right being! :rotfl

I think i might hold off though - I would like to watch the film first, maybe this armour is only in it for 2 mins?

hmmmmm not sure.

I’m not quite sure I get the logic of maybe not getting the figure because it might not be in the movie that much. Hot Toys has released concept versions for Iron Man, Cap and Wonder Woman that were never even in movies and people buy it because they like the design and execution. Hell, people even buy figures for movies they don’t even like and/or video games they’ve never even played. If you enjoy the figure, that should be reason enough.

Haha, no I can see both, but I think it's the same sort of thing, that playful but also joyful smile. I think because it's a smile on the verge of becoming multiple smiles, helps with her eyes in this sculpt. Which. Are. Insane. I think that's one of the biggest improvements is they nailed the eyes.

Also it was just a general comment about the hate for the ZS cut, not aimed at anyone in particular :)

Yep, this is one of their best likenesses in a while. So many of their female figures have been let down by blank thousand-yard stares, or they have a good likeness with an intense/serious expression (like the TA WW figure). I'm glad they finally nailed Gal's likeness and also captured some of the playful spirit of her WW.

:duff

Amazing what $400 can buy now!

Man, this thing is going to be awful in a few years. I can see flaking/fading/creases all being an issue with this.

I have something like 130 HT figures and i have only had issues with three. One is 14 or 15 years old that i bought used 10 years ago and it's jacket was falling apart when i got it, another one was the original Captain America's shield that flaked and last was the Iron man 2 pink undies issue.

I know humidity and environment has a major effect but the rest of my figures have been solid with no issues. Other collectors experience with HT might be much different than mine. So if i get this i honestly am not worried about a couple prototype issues.

Yep, this is one of their best likenesses in a while. So many of their female figures have been let down by blank thousand-yard stares, or they have a good likeness with an intense/serious expression (like the TA WW figure). I'm glad they finally nailed Gal's likeness and also captured some of the playful spirit of her WW.

:duff

Agreed. It's so rare to get a female sculpt from HT with this kind of warm expression on it, where they aren't just staring blankly ahead or have that generic "determined" look. And I really hope we see more of it.

I've been buying fewer and fewer HT figures in the past few years.
I think the quality went down due to the dramatic increase in production and the prices have gone up unreasonably.
I swore to myself I'd stop buying when we reached $300 per figure, it looks like we're getting there.
I will probably get Batman from Batman & Robin whenever it comes out but that's pretty much it for me.
No regrets it's been fun. :)

Having a closer look, it seems to me that the detailing on the armour and wings could be a tad sharper. It looks very flat and unrefined as it is.

Duly noted, I agree, I also feel the sculpting should be more sharp, on other figures even.

Based on the promo pictures, the newer head sculpt appears more in proportion to the body. Seeing my JL WW, I think the head sculpt looks a touch undersized (but of course I'm just speculating).

I?m not quite sure I get the logic of maybe not getting the figure because it might not be in the movie that much. Hot Toys has released concept versions for Iron Man, Cap and Wonder Woman that were never even in movies and people buy it because they like the design and execution. Hell, people even buy figures for movies they don?t even like and/or video games they?ve never even played. If you enjoy the figure, that should be reason enough.

:goodpost: Much agreed! Even the figures could have different meanings interpreted to them.

For me the rationale is that I only have limited space and funds. There is always more available that I would love to own than I can buy, therefore factors like the attached movie/scene/character to a figure can make the difference in deciding what to purchase.

For me the rationale is that I only have limited space and funds. There is always more available that I would love to own than I can buy, therefore factors like the attached movie/scene/character to a figure can make the difference in deciding what to purchase.

totally agree with this. Also, the "joy" factor is big for me. If when I open the box and don't get that rush of excitement then I know it's going to be sold. But even before that, when the real in-hand pics come out, if I'm not in the "I can't wait until this ships" mode, then it's getting canceled. I learned my lesson with HT Star Wars figures. I used to have all the major SS Clones and Jedi/Sith/heroes and sold them a long time ago. I thought I'd have the same feeling of excitement for having a second chance at characters I used to have, but as I started buying the figures I realized not only did I not need them all again but I also wasn't terribly excited to 1)get the CC charge :lol and 2) when they came in the mail, I just didn't get as happy to receive it as I thought I would.

SO: With figures like this that are indeed gorgeous looking figures, I'll just enjoy them from afar as I know once in hand I will have the mentality of "oh that's cool" and that's about it. The initial excitement had me ready to PO but the price brought me back to my senses :lol

Well I certainly can't imagine not getting that rush of excitement when I open up this figure next year. From the gorgeous sculpt to the shiny, eye-popping outfit, this thing is probably going to be amazing to see in hand that first time.

Problem for me is I need to really love the movie to want a variant, however spectacular the figure. By the time I see the movie this may have sold out.

I know I want the regular version with this sculpt to complete my ideal trinity with BvS Batman and JL Superman. Beyond that, variants and villains, depends on the movie.

I've opted for the Iron Studios smaller statue instead. Sort of compromising between sacrificing premium display space and somewhat open wings.

Well I certainly can't imagine not getting that rush of excitement when I open up this figure next year. From the gorgeous sculpt to the shiny, eye-popping outfit, this thing is probably going to be amazing to see in hand that first time.

oh yea for sure it's definitely going to look amazing, I don't doubt that for a second! Most HT figures do look pretty amazing. But with having had hundreds of toy/statue collectibles over the years, I'm at the point to where I really have to want it. I had all the HT Cap figures b/c he's in my top 5 marvel characters and even then, I never opened the Civil War EX Battle Damaged Cap. They're all cool looking figures, I think that's a given. My needs have just changed to where I can appreciate a cool looking figure without needing it in my collection.

Back