1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT + Rubber will always be a valid concern IMO, as long as they show inconsistencies -- like newer releases deteriorating before the now-3-year-old-but-still-perfect DX09.

The rubber suit looks good to me. Can't wait!

Despite my resent issue with my Chris Redfield figure I still can't pass do to the rubber suit, I've had this on PO since it went up day one, it looks great and I want it:lol

Not the message that I want to send to hot toys but, what can I say I have little will power:panic:

Despite my resent issue with my Chris Redfield figure I still can't pass do to the rubber suit, I've had this on PO since it went up day one, it looks great and I want it:lol

Not the message that I want to send to hot toys but, what can I say I have little will power:panic:

Can't blame you, buddy. I want this figure now more than ever since it turned out really good-looking so I'm hoping for the best. Will wait for a few months and some feedback before I get one.

Well, it should be standard procedure by now, to keep all HT Batman figures in boring statue poses :lol.

Well, it should be standard procedure by now, to keep all HT Batman figures in boring statue poses :lol.

If its costume would be similar to the make of MoS or TASM2 figures, the inevitable Batfleck in black and grey might turn out to be HT's most poseable Batman figure, and yet you gotta pose it back to museum poses to let the suit go back to its tight form :lol

So far, all my HT rubber suits are fine. Bu, I keep them in museum poses though, nothing that can hurt them.

Got my shipping notice from HK this morning! :yess:

Except for the stands! :lol

Seriously, how do you take care of the crotch grabbers?

Still deciding if I should get this or the keaton batman but the rubber suits make me really nervous. I still don't trust HT with rubber so I'll wait a while and see how these suits hold up. I'd rather be skeptical and be proven wrong than to spend hard earned money and have a figure with a deteriorating suit. I would love a 1/6 Batman but I want one that will last me a long time. That said I love how this figure turned out but anything with a rubber suit or limbs is just too scary for me at the moment.

That right arm.:monkey4
11040170_10205742708741082_4066124246393850962_o.jpg

No question about it, dx02 and ED209 were no doubt a big big blunder. I know at least on the dx02, HT acknowledged that fact.
I do remember seeing a melted comedian, but to be honest, I dont recall how many.

All of them. The Comedian's vest chemically reacted with the torso material and literally turned to jelly. I took mine off the figure and put it in a separate bag, but it was too late, it's a mess.

I dont remember a lot of issues with the 89 batman, and if I remember correctly, I think it was only you and maybe another one, or two, that had some rubber issues. But from my memory, that was it. I dont really remember many people having rubber issues with their 89 batman.

89 Batman was fine. Yes, I had oil on one of mine, under the belt. A couple of others did as well. But it came to nothing. Lets hope this is like that suit. The rubber on 89 Batman was much thicker than normal though, which severely limited articulation.

Also, I remember it was only you that had the chemical reaction with the batman rubber boots switching it to another batman figure.
My dx12 to this day is using the Batman begins boots, which I believe is the same one that you had a chemical reaction with, and mine still have no issues.
What are you saying? It's only me? :lol
No Maglor did it too. And it depends on which figures you swapped the boots on. There is no problem putting Begins boots on the Dx12. However put the DX12 boots on your DX02 and see what happens.. I double dare you?

I'm not saying HT is problem free. And yes, their older figures were more prone to having issues.
Ed209, Gamorra? Robocop & I've seen reports of rubber issues on diecast Iron Man elbows.
This is not a QC issue. Hot Toys have pretty good QC. It's a manufacturing problem. Chemically unstable rubbers are used and materials which cannot take any strain.

And of course, some of the issues people may have are indeed with merits, such as having a broken ankle, or snapped hand pegs, or bad smear on the face, etc.
But many times, the problems get compounded cause people also post issues that are nothing more than finding small imperfections, and then claim that their figure is messed up.

So all I'm saying is, many times, Hot Toys gets a bad rap, but when you consider their rate of failure, their quality control is not bad at all.
And I dont know, maybe you just had some really bad luck with your Hot Toys.
I on the other hand have nothing but great luck, cause aside from small imperfections, I havent had any issues at all with mine.

Again, not talking about QC, just rubber problems. Sounds like you have been extremely lucky. I think your opinion might be slightly less rosy if you spent a small fortune last year for a figure, which then inexplicably rots after literally weeks of ownership. And then to see the company who manufactured it claim no responsibility for the problem?

As I said this will be a DX02 or a DX09, we all hope it's a DX09, because it rocks hard.
Hot Toys Rubber = Buyer Beware.

Don't know about this figure, had the rubber issue with dx02 and comedian, and Leonids. Do own thedx09 so I'm ok with that. Suit looks really thin

Man, still looks like a tubby dude in a rubber suit.

Another museum pose only figure. Might as well get a statue.

Back