1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Ed 209 and DX02 has been HT's biggest blunder.
The ED 209 was mind boggling cause the first released already had those issues, and they used the same material so
the issues continue.

But other than those, Hot Toys have done a great job on quality control.
Sure, a few would have issues, any mass produced products, whether Iphones, Ipads, TV's, Stereos, will have faulty products.
Just boils down to the percentage of failures.

But Hot Toys I think have done a great job as far as quality control.
A lot of the ones when I see people post pics of stuff that's wrong on their figures, a LOT...and I mean a LOT is being nitpicky.
There's a scratch on the boots, there's a tear/scratch on the back (which you dont even see from the front), minor scuff here and there, etc.
But as far as really screwing up like the dx02, I think they have most of their products under control.

My dx02 still has no leaks, my dx12 is problem free, my Chris Redfield rubber arms still looks like the day I bought it, etc.
I think this figure will be fine.

I went through 3 DX02 figures to get one that wasn't melting. The arms of my Mars Attacks figures cracked and rotted, Abe Sapien. Sarah Connor it goes on and on.
Watchmen Comedian is an absolute disaster. The vest literally turned to soft oily jelly. All of them? I too thought surely HT have learnt from their mistakes, no I had my ED209 fall apart after a couple of months.

These issues are not QC related they are manufacturing issues. Badly cured rubber and chemically reactive materials which deteriorate when in contact. In the history of Hot Toys rubber figures there are actually only a small few which didn't have issues, 300, 89 Batman. In the last year we have had problems with Ed209, gammora elbows, Robocop undersuit. Are all rubber HT releases faulty? no, absolutely not..
I hope this isn't because I want it too. But..

Hot toys + Rubber= buyer beware.
:lol

Last edited:
I went through 3 DX02 figures to get one that wasn't melting. The arms of my Mars Attacks figures cracked and rotted, Abe Sapien. Sarah Connor it goes on and on.
Watchmen Comedian is an absolute disaster. The vest literally turned to soft oily jelly. All of them? I too thought surely HT have learnt from their mistakes, no I had my ED209 fall apart after a couple of months. These issues are not QC related they are manufacturing issues. Badly cured rubber and chemically reactive materials which deteriorate when in contact. In the history of Hot Toys rubber figures there are actually only a small few which didn't have issues, 300, 89 Batman. In the last year we have had problems with Ed209, gammora elbows, Robocop undersuit. Are all rubber HT releases faulty? no, absolutely not..

That sums it up, in a nutshell. I can't still believe that they left themselves exposed like that with the ED-209 2.0. I mean, I get if it's a figure or something, where you may need rubber parts, but there was, literally, no reason why that dome couldn't have been PVC. I don't even collect Robocop, but, just from the pics and stuff, that just seemed like one of the stupidest moves, ever.:lol

That sums it up, in a nutshell. I can't still believe that they left themselves exposed like that with the ED-209 2.0. I mean, I get if it's a figure or something, where you may need rubber parts, but there was, literally, no reason why that dome couldn't have been PVC. I don't even collect Robocop, but, just from the pics and stuff, that just seemed like one of the stupidest moves, ever.:lol

It was astoundingly stupid, especially since it had happened before. And you know, it illustrates one of their main problems, they don't really learn from their mistakes. There is no reason to think they wouldn't do it again with Ed209 3.0! :lol
This figure could be the next DX09 or DX02 in regards to rubber. There is actually no way of knowing. That's all I'm saying, and why I'm waiting a while in this one.

I was going to say that, if the rubber is fine, like the DX09, then, this may be their best Batman figure, ever, but, the truth is, that wouldn't be true, because, in retrospect, they've done a damn fine job with Batman. Even though the rest of the mouth plates aren't up to par, and it's still no QS 001, they seemed to finally make a good TDK Batman in the Armory version, and the '89 and '66 versions are two of their greatest figures, ever, and, like I said, that's not even counting the non-1/6th behemoth that is the QS 001, so, I suppose, the correct term would be "one of their best Batman figures ever," but, looking at these pics, **** me if this isn't as impressive as all hell.

I remember bumping the original thread to the point of borderline spamming it for updates on this guy, and, now that it's finally here, and that it looks this good, it's incredibly surreal. I don't think I could've asked for a better Arkham Batman figure. It's just tragic to think that, if we're lucky, the buck stops at Joker, instead of here, but there are so many incredible designs in this series that would've looked amazing standing shoulder to shoulder with this one that will probably never happen. With that in mind, though, I feel like this could easily represent the entirety of the trilogy, because it's just that good.

It was astoundingly stupid, especially since it had happened before. And you know, it illustrates one of their main problems, they don't really learn from their mistakes. There is no reason to think they wouldn't do it again with Ed209 3.0! :lol
This figure could be the next DX09 or DX02 in regards to rubber. There is actually no way of knowing. That's all I'm saying, and why I'm waiting a while in this one.

I agree with you, there. Like I said, I don't really see this guy selling out right away, but it's just been such a long journey to get to this point that I almost feel like it'd be a betrayal to cancel it. It's like I've got little angel batfan on my left shoulder saying "have faith, my child. You are being rewarded for your patience, so, be joyful in knowing that the day is finally upon you," and then little devil batfan's like "cancel it! There's a good chance he'll be a pile of goo in three months, and do you really want to waste another $230 after blowing a **** ton on Arkham Knight!?!" :lol

Watchmen Comedian is an absolute disaster. The vest literally turned to soft oily jelly. All of them? I too thought surely HT have learnt from their mistakes, no I had my ED209 fall apart after a couple of months. These issues are not QC related they are manufacturing issues. Badly cured rubber and chemically reactive materials which deteriorate when in contact. In the history of Hot Toys rubber figures there are actually only a small few which didn't have issues, 300, 89 Batman. In the last year we have had problems with Ed209, gammora elbows, Robocop undersuit. Are all rubber HT releases faulty? no, absolutely not..

No question about it, dx02 and ED209 were no doubt a big big blunder. I know at least on the dx02, HT acknowledged that fact.
I do remember seeing a melted comedian, but to be honest, I dont recall how many.
I dont remember a lot of issues with the 89 batman, and if I remember correctly, I think it was only you and maybe another one, or two, that had some rubber issues. But from my memory, that was it. I dont really remember many people having rubber issues with their 89 batman.

Also, I remember it was only you that had the chemical reaction with the batman rubber boots switching it to another batman figure.
My dx12 to this day is using the Batman begins boots, which I believe is the same one that you had a chemical reaction with, and mine still have no issues.

I'm not saying HT is problem free. And yes, their older figures were more prone to having issues.
What I'm saying is I agree with the other poster that said they have their quality control in check.
That when you consider the failure rate, to how many figures they are pumping out, I have to give them credit cause I think, for the most part, their quality control is actually quite good.
And of course, some of the issues people may have are indeed with merits, such as having a broken ankle, or snapped hand pegs, or bad smear on the face, etc.
But many times, the problems get compounded cause people also post issues that are nothing more than finding small imperfections, and then claim that their figure is messed up.

So all I'm saying is, many times, Hot Toys gets a bad rap, but when you consider their rate of failure, their quality control is not bad at all.
And I dont know, maybe you just had some really bad luck with your Hot Toys.
I on the other hand have nothing but great luck, cause aside from small imperfections, I havent had any issues at all with mine.

Of course it's there for a reason, why else would they put it there? :lol
Please share?

It seems figures have packaging and protection for no reason :rotfl

You were right in the other post, that's a concern especially for people like me that like to keep the figures in the box

It seems figures have packaging and protection for no reason :rotfl

You were right in the other post, that's a concern especially for people like me that like to keep the figures in the box

Part of it is to protect the figure during assembly and boxing. Part is to protect it during shipment. What figure has hot toys released in the last handful of years that does not have this stuff? Should I worry that my iron man die cast figure will "melt" because he has these protective items? Or my jor-el? They all come with this stuff.

So any word on the belt can be moved or not?
It sounds like the belt is stuck where it's at due to the thickness of the figures abdomen and waist. An easy mod though if you really want to move it down. Would "ruin" the belt though since it would require you to extend the length of it.

$_57.JPG

HT + Rubber will always be a valid concern IMO, as long as they show inconsistencies -- like newer releases deteriorating before the now-3-year-old-but-still-perfect DX09.

Back