1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I agree with Rorywan. I don't necessarily agree with the way he's articulating it, but, then, if I had those experiences with expensive figures like these, I'd probably be a little cynical, as well, but I do think he's right to be cautious, as HT's track record is, frankly, pretty spotty, overall. There have been rubber figures that were fine, and others that weren't so much, but, as perfect as this figure looks, it seems like the perfect candidate that fate would use to **** us all with.:lol The phrase "too good to be true" comes to mind.

This really is a dream come true, for me, and I never thought I'd say this, but I may cancel it, temporarily. The lack of any sort of EX eliminates the need for urgency, and I really don't see this guy selling out right away. Plus, if it hits in June, I'm ****ed, because, with all of the Arkham Knight stuff coming down the pipeline, including the PS4, Rocksteady already has me with my hands around my ankles.:lol Plus, this way, it gives me a little more leeway, in the event that there are QC problems. I still don't know if I will cancel or not, and I'll try to hold out for as long as possible. Like I said, though, unless I see pics of this guy looking like "The Blob" (that's the black tar monster kind, not the X-Men kind:lol), all roads lead to me owning this guy, just some sooner, rather than later.

I'll have to pass right now because I have so much in order. I got winter soldier with the Mother's Day code and I probably should've got this instead. Oh well, I think it'll go on sale eventually

Great looking figure. TBH.. it's the best looking 1/6 Batman I've ever seen, straight out of the box (since none of the pics appear to feature any mods). But that rubber suit seems like a disaster waiting to happen. :lol

I have already committed the Reward Points to this guy. It helped me to get him for less than $200. SO while I understand the caution some of you guys are expressing, all I can do is hope for the best.

If it does have leakage issues, is there anything we can to do help or stop them?

Honestly, I agree with Rorywan. I don't necessarily agree with the way he's articulating it, but, then, if I had those experiences with expensive figures like these, I'd probably be a little cynical, as well, but I do think he's right to be cautious, as HT's track record is, frankly, pretty spotty, overall. There have been rubber figures that were fine, and others that weren't so much, but, as perfect as this figure looks, it seems like the perfect candidate that fate would use to **** us all with.:lol The phrase "too good to be true" comes to mind.

This really is a dream come true, for me, and I never thought I'd say this, but I may cancel it, temporarily. The lack of any sort of EX eliminates the need for urgency, and I really don't see this guy selling out right away. Plus, if it hits in June, I'm ****ed, because, with all of the Arkham Knight stuff coming down the pipeline, including the PS4, Rocksteady already has me with my hands around my ankles.:lol Plus, this way, it gives me a little more leeway, in the event that there are QC problems. I still don't know if I will cancel or not, and I'll try to hold out for as long as possible. Like I said, though, unless I see pics of this guy looking like "The Blob" (that's the black tar monster kind, not the X-Men kind:lol), all roads lead to me owning this guy, just some sooner, rather than later.

I think Hot Toys has their rubber issue under control now. I mean, we haven't heard of other melting/leaking problems since the DX02 and Watchman Comedian :lol.

I thought so, too, but that ED-209 was pretty recent, and, just like the first release, people had rotting domes within a month. Like I said, I'm hopeful that this is another DX09 scenario, where it's perfect, and I'm pretty confident that it will be, but there is a part of me that wants to exercise caution, at least, a little bit, just to be on the safe side.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the ED-209. But, at least the rubber domes were cracking and didn't turn into a puddle of goo, right? :lol

I thought so, too, but that ED-209 was pretty recent, and, just like the first release, people had rotting domes within a month. Like I said, I'm hopeful that this is another DX09 scenario, where it's perfect, and I'm pretty confident that it will be, but there is a part of me that wants to exercise caution, at least, a little bit, just to be on the safe side.

Did HT or SSC do anything for the people with the melting figures or rotten domes?

The Ed 209 and DX02 has been HT's biggest blunder.
The ED 209 was mind boggling cause the first released already had those issues, and they used the same material so
the issues continue.

But other than those, Hot Toys have done a great job on quality control.
Sure, a few would have issues, any mass produced products, whether Iphones, Ipads, TV's, Stereos, will have faulty products.
Just boils down to the percentage of failures.

But Hot Toys I think have done a great job as far as quality control.
A lot of the ones when I see people post pics of stuff that's wrong on their figures, a LOT...and I mean a LOT is being nitpicky.
There's a scratch on the boots, there's a tear/scratch on the back (which you dont even see from the front), minor scuff here and there, etc.
But as far as really screwing up like the dx02, I think they have most of their products under control.

My dx02 still has no leaks, my dx12 is problem free, my Chris Redfield rubber arms still looks like the day I bought it, etc.
I think this figure will be fine.

Yeah, I'd say other than the EDs, the Comedians, and the early DX 02s (the DCD batch had plastic abs), they've been pretty good. Some of their early rubber body figures, like Rambo and Sara Connor have torn after years, but I wasn't really sure why the DX 09 was part of his list of blunders. He said that there was oil underneath the belt, but I think that there was only like one dude who reported having that issue, and people jumped on him for it. I couldn't believe it, at the time. :lol

You see the plastic separators on the thighs? separating the black pants from the lighter grey rubber?
That should concern you. Anyone who has had a HT figure with a chemical contact issue will spot that a mile away.

Sorry, this is a stretch. Talk about reaching for a problem when none have been confirmed. Every figure has some form of packaging and protection. It's silly and unfounded to just assume it's for some reason.

Back