1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pics)

Rubber again? Wtf? Seriously, they has how many years to make a form fitting fabric suit and we STILL get a immobile rubber suit that will just crack. This is a pass. I was hoping they would go the flexible route with this release. Dammit.
I'm thinking the rubber is kept a bit too large and loose here, so he can be more flexible. So, it's a tradeoff between posing ability and general aesthetics.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pics)

I'm thinking the rubber is kept a bit too large and loose here, so he can be more flexible. So, it's a tradeoff between posing ability and general aesthetics.

Probably but I'd like to see them break the mold and really make this one special.

I'm interested In seeing the body used, as it says it's a newly developed one

Probably just a frankensteined body with the odd padding here and there to better represent his body, or at least, in an attempt to better represent his body--HT often make WTF decisions in how bodies are made and padded (see Star Spangled and Golden Age Cap figures).

Yeah, i considered that would most likely be the case. I bet the suit will be a nightmare to get on and off anyway.

It looks like it could do with a bit more padding.

Rubber again? Wtf? Seriously, they has how many years to make a form fitting fabric suit and we STILL get a immobile rubber suit that will just crack. This is a pass. I was hoping they would go the flexible route with this release. Dammit.

I think it'll be fine. They're probably using a material that's similar to the Man of Steel Superman suit which seems to be holding up well thus far (not like the dome on the ED-209 which months after getting it a lot of people are reporting major damage). Besides if the Arkham City suit was fabric I don't think it'd look as accurate. The suit in the game seemed like it was made out of a more durable material and not just a fabric suit.

I bet it's like the DX 09 Keaton and there's no way to take the suit off without ruining it.

If it's like some of their ther rubber suits, then it's two parts that are glued together (one for the legs and one for the torso/arms). But because of the undies, it's possible that they didn't glue them. Would be a real pain getting it off, though, and you would risk permanently distorting the rubber in the process.

could you be more **** retentive? I assume this is your last 'contribution' to this thread then?

For those of us actually interested in this one, when does the PO go up?

So of the 50 other negatives you pull out mine. Good on ya. Figure still blows.

I get an Alex Ross feel from the head sculpt, which is done real nice. I might ... make my own dark knight. I'm not too happy with sideshows' at all.

Mr Melty Pants.

That's what he will be known as.

I still don't see how they sealed the Keaton Batman in there. There's a small line in the back which looks to be a seam, but there's sculpted armor that makes it virtually impossible to take out.

And yeah, I bet there's padding in it like the Snake Eyes, West, Nicholson bodies.

This thing looks badass!

... and he doesn't look fat. He's in goddamn Beast Mode!

The price is up! it's $205 here in South East Asia! :yess:

Isn't the MoS Superman suit fabric with rubberized print? The Arkham Batman proto is obviously different. IMO what's similar to MoS is the blue part of the The Amazing Spider-Man HT figure.

Isn't the MoS Superman suit fabric with rubberized print? The Arkham Batman proto is obviously different. IMO what's similar to MoS is the blue part of the The Amazing Spider-Man HT figure.

Actually you might be right. I was thinking it was a more rubbery material but I think just the patterns on the suit are.

Still though I think this will be fine. It doesn't seem like rubber equals instant doom for every figure. Just the damn ED-209 for whatever reason.

Back