1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

I waited for this figure so long. Disclaimer: I never bought a HT figure before, mainly because of the price tag and the fact that they never made a figure based on a franchise that I deeply care about. When they announced that they will make a AC bats I was excited, since the Arkham games are my favorite single player games to date (AC >= AA >> AO, IMO).

While I do think this figure looks good, I really dont like what they did with his pants. The belt sits too far up and the panties are too big. However, since this is just a prototype I hope they rework that particular area.

Furthermore I am concerned for the rubber-related issues you guys brought up. I think it is natural that collectibles 'age' - Colors slightly fading or joints becoming loose is just somthing that's going to happen and I am fine with it. However, a figure becoming completely worthless because the materials used not being stable is not acceptable. Even more so when you look at the price point. Dont get me wrong: I dont need my collectibles to outlive me, but I want them to hold a decent shape for 5-10 years.

Long story short:

I really wanted this figure to be amazing. Looks-wise I (mostly) dig what HT did, but I can not see myself dropping nearly 300 Bucks (220 Euro) on a figure that could be detoriating in a few years.

Maybe they will do an AK bats someday ... The new look seems to be more metal than rubber. If that day comes, I will finally give in and buy my first HT.

P.S.

You guys think it would be possible to realize the AC design without rubber?

Maybe HT tried to do something like that. This figure has been in development for ages, so it has propably seen many iterations.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

Slightly off topic, but I've just put my blu ray of Arkham Assault on.
There is a stunning ad (live action) for Arkham Knight. It's a cool mini movie.
In mean time, I am not concerned about the rubber on this suit. My Begins and Keaton suits show no sign of stress or anything at all. I'm looking forward to this as it's just a damned cool looking Bats figure.

But he really never takes his mask off fully though....
And he is diseased when Talia takes it off.

Slightly off topic, but I've just put my blu ray of Arkham Assault on.
There is a stunning ad (live action) for Arkham Knight. It's a cool mini movie.
In mean time, I am not concerned about the rubber on this suit. My Begins and Keaton suits show no sign of stress or anything at all. I'm looking forward to this as it's just a damned cool looking Bats figure.

It wasn't live action.....

And he is diseased when Talia takes it off.

He just lifts his mask up he never takes it fully off...

I think the Bruce Wayne character model has looked pretty weird and it wouldn't match up to the face under the cowl anyway

I think the Bruce Wayne character model has looked pretty weird and it wouldn't match up to the face under the cowl anyway
He did look kind of weird. Lol. Meh, I dont think we're ever gonna get a different HS.

I thought Bruce looked okay in the beginning of AC when he was in suit and tie. I always liked the image of Batman in the suit with his cowl off. Like it's just a brief moment to himself.

Like this ?

Untitled.jpg

Batman-Arkham_City_(PC)_15.jpg

I was going to order the SSC Batman 1/6 figure but after seeing a hands on review I had changed my mind, it just looked like a doll figure to me with all the cloth and cloth utility belt but thats just my opinion so now I'll be waiting for a hands on video review for this one.

I was going to order the SSC Batman 1/6 figure but after seeing a hands on review I had changed my mind, it just looked like a doll figure to me with all the cloth and cloth utility belt but thats just my opinion so now I'll be waiting for a hands on video review for this one.

Your right, it's like a doll figure

https://youtu.be/1js0a2aFI2E

I wonder if this guy will be at Toy Fair and if so, if it'll come with any improvements.

Pretty sure he's Affleck influenced.

This one really got my attention. Until I started reading the replies here and on the facebook page. If they did iron out some of the nit picks whats more worrisome is the rubber suit deterioration. It's 50/50 for me now sadly.

He looks like David Boreanaz.

Forreal! Could finally bash that Angel figure I've been dying for... ;)

No but forreal, I'd prefer a stylized base over a Bruce head or even another gadget. Bruce Wayne wouldn't be anywhere near the top for figs to be made from this license. Since joker is the only other most likely to be made, they should make some nice bases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back