1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

Ah, yes, the Dark Knight skin. First off, the skins in Origins were a sham. Several were announced then never released. The Dark Knight skin is, in theory, the comic book look, and yes its just a little blacker basically.

Anyway,
xhpWNPH.jpg

For some reason, I think I would actually enjoy any of the Batman games more if it had the TDK suit. And that's with the Begins suit being my favorite Batsuit. Weird.:lol

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

For some reason, I think I would actually enjoy any of the Batman games more if it had the TDK suit. And that's with the Begins suit being my favorite Batsuit. Weird.:lol

There is actually a skin mod for the TDK suit in Arkham City. And it looks good in the game. He still looks bulky though.

6a9u6aju.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is actually a skin mod for the TDK suit in Arkham City. And it looks good in the game. He still looks bulky though.

6a9u6aju.jpg

thats an Arkham Asylum screenshot

6a9u6aju.jpg

That's PC though, right? I prefer console gaming.

See - in ^ that ^ context, the TDK suit doesn't look too bad. :lol

Anyway, while I can appreciate the Arkham series for being great games, the batsuits are just way too embellished / exaggerated for my tastes.

1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs ...

thats an Arkham Asylum screenshot

The same mod is also made for Arkham City. Try it.

Last edited:
Everything about Arkham Asylum game is near perfect, especially in design department. It was a modern take on artistic vision of the past which respected both 90s animated series and comic books. BAA and BAC wasn't for everyone so if you don't like it you shouldn't try to make excuses nor carp something you don't actually understand.

That's PC though, right? I prefer console gaming.

Yup only for PC. It is actually an Arkham Asylum screenshot but this mod is also made for Arkham City.

Everything about Arkham Asylum game is near perfect, especially in design department. It was a modern take on artistic vision of the past which respected both 90s animated series and comic books. BAA and BAC wasn't for everyone so if you don't like it you shouldn't try to make excuses nor carp something you don't actually understand.
Was that for me?

Calm down bunky. :lol

Pretty much this. While many reviewers and gamers say 'you don't need to be a Batman fan to appreciate the game', I feel you actually do to properly understand things and to really get into it. Chances are fans who watched only the Nolan films didn't know Batman was a detective, for instance. This also explains the look for the batsuits. I have a cousin who only is into Batman Beyond, and the Nolan films, he doesn't like the game because he doesn't really get why Batman does half the things he does in the game, like the detective work. I mean the other half is cause he plays the game like a dumbass (standing out in the open to guards with guns :lol ) but it's possibly cause he didn't really watch TAS or read any comics.

I liked all the Arkham games (though, admittedly I didn't finish Origin - my 360 took a dump and its not on the XBone). I think this figure is great and really captures the look of Batman from the game. I am excited to see the first in hand pics, though that will be some time from now.

Was that for me?
I didn't read EVERY post in this unfortunate thread so I don't know :lol
Guess my post sounded a little too harsh...

While many reviewers and gamers say 'you don't need to be a Batman fan to appreciate the game', I feel you actually do to properly understand things and to really get into it. Chances are fans who watched only the Nolan films didn't know Batman was a detective, for instance. This also explains the look for the batsuits.
:exactly:
So why Butmeh Orangins was created and why BAK looks nothing like first two games?
Simply to appeal to fans of edgy stuff and other clueless dorks.
*now THAT's harsh

In terms of style and character design, BAK makes Butmeh Orangins look like a godsend in the suit department.

I agree that the gauntlets and boots need to be a tad longer. With the Returns figure coming soon, I can hold off on this one until a good deal pops up as I still want it though.

Pretty much this. While many reviewers and gamers say 'you don't need to be a Batman fan to appreciate the game', I feel you actually do to properly understand things and to really get into it. Chances are fans who watched only the Nolan films didn't know Batman was a detective, for instance. This also explains the look for the batsuits. I have a cousin who only is into Batman Beyond, and the Nolan films, he doesn't like the game because he doesn't really get why Batman does half the things he does in the game, like the detective work. I mean the other half is cause he plays the game like a dumbass (standing out in the open to guards with guns :lol ) but it's possibly cause he didn't really watch TAS or read any comics.

Sounds like a stupid **** to me, oh batman does detective work sure I won't play cause I'm not able to get why, the game explains all these things like, I'm not the biggest Batman fan and got lots of stuff, hated TDK and DKR but loved TAS and Beyond.

Sounds like a stupid **** to me, oh batman does detective work sure I won't play cause I'm not able to get why, the game explains all these things like, I'm not the biggest Batman fan and got lots of stuff, hated TDK and DKR but loved TAS and Beyond.

811977253.gif

Shakctwmcjempxhsojsmefodndpfjemdkrndodhsmxowncibwkdiwnsljsbsksjwbskdhsmxksbdkdjdnsksbxksbskhsbskshhsusbsob

Yes, yes.

Back