1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

I really didn't like the Origins suit. A slightly better version of Bale batsuit IMO. Just like how Bane and jokers outfits looked TDK/TDKR influenced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

I really didn't like the Origins suit. A slightly better version of Bale batsuit IMO. Just like how Bane and jokers outfits looked TDK/TDKR influenced.

Its not even close. The Origins suit, imo, is closest to what he might actually wear. He wears an under-layer and all the armor is strapped on top. The bale suit was pretty good looking, but its never looked good outside the movie itself, has it?

i wonder if all the skins/other suits are part of their Arkham license... if they are, then HT can milk the hell out of this series... Batman Beyond suit anyone? :lol But of course, I want the villains first.

More than likely I think the next release from this line would be Joker, and then another bat suit from one of the other titles. But it will be a long while until we see either me thinks. If they do choose another skin like beyond or even animated it would well after the 3 main suits are done.

The paint is already rubbing off! Buy this at your own risk.

Its not even close. The Origins suit, imo, is closest to what he might actually wear. He wears an under-layer and all the armor is strapped on top. The bale suit was pretty good looking, but its never looked good outside the movie itself, has it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's an exact replica. But to say the origins suit isn't even close to the bale suit is crazy... Even in the game there's a variant of the suit you have to unlock named TDK or something. Which is the origins suit colored entirely black. So the creators even say it's close to bales suit.

10603920_690718734335996_714871830340584895_o.jpg

The "plastic cowl meets fabric cape" isn't so hot on this figure. It works on '89 Batman because it was actually two separate pieces, but not here in my opinion. I guess there's a seam in the game model, but it's so thin I never even noticed it until now.

1432248.jpg

Last edited:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's an exact replica. But to say the origins suit isn't even close to the bale suit is crazy... Even in the game there's a variant of the suit you have to unlock named TDK or something. Which is the origins suit colored entirely black. So the creators even say it's close to bales suit.

Ah, yes, the Dark Knight skin. First off, the skins in Origins were a sham. Several were announced then never released. The Dark Knight skin is, in theory, the comic book look, and yes its just a little blacker basically.

Anyway,
xhpWNPH.jpg

My concept of an cloth suit Arkham with out the armored pieces... I think It will look awesome once I get this done...

10646924_10152647349969346_7335005141625306275_n.jpg

Ah, yes, the Dark Knight skin. First off, the skins in Origins were a sham. Several were announced then never released. The Dark Knight skin is, in theory, the comic book look, and yes its just a little blacker basically.

Wasn't it just 1 skin, the worst Nightmare...... that debacle sums up WB Montreal greedy intentions for this game, and essentially explains why we got a piss poor copy/paste Arkham abortion of a game

Wasn't it just 1 skin, the worst Nightmare...... that debacle sums up WB Montreal greedy intentions for this game, and essentially explains why we got a piss poor copy/paste Arkham abortion of a game

I really enjoyed Origins, they made the Joker more evil in that than the other two, wasn't as good as AA but it was on par for AC for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My concept of an cloth suit Arkham with out the armored pieces... I think It will look awesome once I get this done...

10646924_10152647349969346_7335005141625306275_n.jpg
I was planning on doing something kinda like this,but he gauntlets and boots look like they would be too big for any figure that you could put a cloth suit over.:(

I was planning on doing something kinda like this,but he gauntlets and boots look like they would be too big for any figure that you could put a cloth suit over.:(

This was just a concept art look at the arkham city figure... Just imagine it with a cloth suit instead of rubber... It will work I'm sure of it...

That does worry me, I mean they don't even bother displaying a good looking non deteriorating version at Secret Base? I am also still sceptical about the whole ASM2 suit which really should have been fabric and I don't see that changing, so I don't think they will bother doing anything about Bats..
And Holo, yes that updated pic of yours looks much better, especially the undies part. The screenshot from the game you posted a while ago had also shown the big difference in size, pampers wise.
Oh and just had to say this, it trollboy gone yet? Man that thing was full of itself, fictional wife friends and non fictional narcissism. Had to skip reading here for quite a while.. And I have no doubt it is "anecdotal evidence Butters"

10603920_690718734335996_714871830340584895_o.jpg

But that head really worries me, I mean he is not even here and it's allready the Comedian V2 candidate. And for someone too blind to see, (IT who shall not be named) my Comedian melted just by looking at it, and I clearly do not have Superman heat vision and did not handle it at all, it just oozed out of the box by itself ("fixed" it with pieces of cloth handkerchief so that nothing rubber on rubber or plastic is touching, not the best option, but kept it from melting..)

I'm fairly sure it's paint peeling. Especially if it's a latex on a prototype....hand-painted sample or paintmaster--if it is indeed the same one shown at comic con and toy fairs--( paint rubs in the same areas as comic con) then this piece has been around the world and has seen a lot of travel and handling

This crap is already falling apart. Lol

It's been the floor sample at every major show they've done-- I'm pretty sure lots of people have been checking out that thing with their grubby paws

I really enjoyed Origins, they made the Joker more evil in that than the other two, wasn't as good as AA but it was on par for AC for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It has a GREAT story, up there in the pantheon of all Batman canon. That Joker scene (you know the one) is worth the price of the game, imo. That opening scene, the scenes with Alfred. ITs everything I want in a new Batman movie - he never takes off the suit, it takes place over the course of a single night, etc.

I mean when you pick up a Batman comic how often do you see Bruce Wayne, what is the ratio. Really you jsut see Batman kicking ass. Of the next Batman solo movie was just Ben Affleck in the batsuit for two hours beating people up, that'd be the bomb.

But as far as the gameplay, its just inferior to Arkham City. (Which is, admittedly, a perfect game.)

Back