1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E6UbCdAVkAI6FEM

I don't see why people are choosing between the two. BOTH are great.

All I'd say is: this Monk look with the Sarlacc-escape armor is a one-and-done. You'll never see another Boba Fett full figure like that. True, the armor has popped up and will again on Cobb Vanth. Maybe even a true BF Sarlacc-escape from a flashback... but not in his current "Wanderer" attire.

On the other hand, the repainted armor is quite likely to have a v2 and even a v3 depending how long it lasts on Season 1. Smooth armor, battle-damaged, who knows... but like Mando, this new Boba Fett is going to get the Iron Man treatment. Count on it.

I don't see why people are choosing between the two. BOTH are great.

All I'd say is: this Monk look with the Sarlacc-escape armor is a one-and-done. You'll never see another Boba Fett full figure like that. True, the armor has popped up and will again on Cobb Vanth. Maybe even a true BF Sarlacc-escape from a flashback... but not in his current "Wanderer" attire.

On the other hand, the repainted armor is quite likely to have a v2 and even a v3 depending how long it lasts on Season 1. Smooth armor, battle-damaged, who knows... but like Mando, this new Boba Fett is going to get the Iron Man treatment. Count on it.repaiont
I think it has to do with what people can afford. I choose to go with the deluxe Tython set and then get the repaint version without the throne. Best of both worlds for me , plus I have 9 other po's I have to worry about next year.

Looks like Iron Studio got the finish better on their 1/10 scale statue. Wonder if HT will actually tweak that. Doubt it but who knows.

216163443_4506817289329971_8976766246391862768_n.jpg

at this point Temuera Morrison needs a job at hot toys since a good chunk of their sculpts are going to be him, any Bobas, clones, Jangos. Makes me curious about his contract for using his likeness on merch

You have to wonder why they would have made the throne the right height but narrowed it by 50%. It's not like the prop's twice the size of the one HT has made, so was impractical to produce in 1/6.

JiLoGgg.jpg
Honestly this whole set is too narrow. I’m completely amazed that Hot Toys, after 5 Boba Fetts so far, have failed to get the helmet proportions correct. The head is so narrow and the vertical visor is far to long.

I think Hot Toys is purposely scaling down the throne chair. If it were screen accurate I would not buying it due to limited space.

I'm not sure how accurate it is but Justin (Collections) said that "Slave 1" will still be referred to as is in the shows and it's only in regards to products of the ship where it will be named differently.

Edited: Sorry, DakRen mentioned this before.
Googled it and nothing came up so :dunno

I think Hot Toys is purposely scaling down the throne chair. If it were screen accurate I would not buying it due to limited space.
We're only talking an extra 2", maybe 2 1/2" in width to make it accurate though. :dunno

Hold on let me show my excitement for a figure I won’t have in my hand for 2 1/2 years while some company holds on to my money….

ZzzzZzzz

Well after going back and forth for four days, I finally settled on the standard version. The figure just looks so much cooler with the helmet on, and I'll already have the Monk Boba for displaying the Morrison sculpt, which I think is where that one looks best anyway.

And while the throne is cool I can't see myself caring as much about it in 2 years time when this finally comes out, or wanting to keep the figure in a sitting pose when there are so many other badass action poses I'd rather put him in. Much like with Solo Maul and that stool he came with.

Well after going back and forth for four days, I finally settled on the standard version. The figure just looks so much cooler with the helmet on, and I'll already have the Monk Boba for displaying the Morrison sculpt, which I think is where that one looks best anyway.

And while the throne is cool I can't see myself caring as much about it in 2 years time when this finally comes out, or wanting to keep the figure in a sitting pose when there are so many other badass action poses I'd rather put him in. Much like with Solo Maul and that stool he came with.
Smart decision

I have to say the Repaint Boba without the throne is at a good price at $245. You see Bo-Katan at $280, Erosion Boba at $280 and he is $10 more than the DW Mando.

I think collectors are going to be disappointed when he arrives and they sit him down and realize that it looked better with the extra Jabba base under the chair lol
I'm planning to buy the single repaint armor BF figure and display him sitting on a 3D printed (ie accurately sized, unlike the HT version) throne-chair and then place it up on my old (replaced by V2) Sideshow Jabba throne. Then take my second Bib Fortuna and have him slumped dead at Boba's feet.

I don't even know whether BOBF is going to be as good a show as Mando has been (I mean S2 of Mando wasn't as good as S1) - almost certainly not - so for me the key appeal of the display is it represents what ROTJ-era Boba might have done, not so much for the BOBF or even Mando connection.

To me it's an OT-esque display, so BOBF doesn't really factor into it. :dunno

Back