1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm planning to buy the single repaint armor BF figure and display him sitting on a 3D printed (ie accurately sized, unlike the HT version) throne-chair and then place it up on my old (replaced by V2) Sideshow Jabba throne. Then take my second Bib Fortuna and have him slumped dead at Boba's feet.

I don't even know whether BOBF is going to be as good a show as Mando has been (I mean S2 of Mando wasn't as good as S1) - almost certainly not - so for me the key appeal of the display is it represents what ROTJ-era Boba might have done, not so much for the BOBF or even Mando connection.

To me it's an OT-esque display, so BOBF doesn't really factor into it. :dunno
That’s fine for your display idea no need for Fennic to spoil your plan lol

But I still thought S2 was overall better than S1 and S1 was awesome!

Great 2 seasons.

Well after going back and forth for four days, I finally settled on the standard version. The figure just looks so much cooler with the helmet on, and I'll already have the Monk Boba for displaying the Morrison sculpt, which I think is where that one looks best anyway.

And while the throne is cool I can't see myself caring as much about it in 2 years time when this finally comes out, or wanting to keep the figure in a sitting pose when there are so many other badass action poses I'd rather put him in. Much like with Solo Maul and that stool he came with.

I was starting to think the same thing yesterday, because Boba was looking better in the standing poses.

Then I thought, what if lard ass Bib becomes a figure?

It became an easy choice to go for the throne when the UK group price came up as £26-28 less than OSK and TNS, and only £4.50 more than KGH (though I expect KGH's delivery estimate to increase when it releases).

On that note, I'm not sure how KGH managed to list theirs so much cheaper than their competition.

C'mon jye, if Fett is gonna be king pimp of Jabba's Palace the man needs that chair!
Yeah, C'mon Jye :p . That throne is going to be my centrepiece with Fennec and any other characters all around King Boba. My setup is typically pretty clean and spaced out evenly along 3m or so. But I have found it's nice to have a bit of non-standardness in there. Like a speeder bike, or a Blurrg or a Throne. :)

I'm even considering making my own custom sized Jabba base plate to fit my display depth from air drying modellers clay (Talibane would be horrified at a non canon sized base plate I think :ROFLMAO:) Then cut some scraps of material for a couple of rugs, fake fur fabric or whatever over part of it and 3D print some sconces for the front and "Bibs your Uncle".

But plenty of time to see if that could work or if he's better just on the throne without any base. I do think the larger base would bring something to the display though.

That throne is going to be my centrepiece with Fennec and any other characters all around King Boba.

That has such a good ring to it. :)

The Mandalorian Season 2 was really the redemption of Fett, after suffering decades of humiliation for his ignoble end in ROTJ.

The throne began to seem more and more essential in my mind when I considered the epic epilogue to the final episode.

But I have found it's nice to have a bit of non-standardness in there. Like a speeder bike, or a Blurrg or a Throne. :)

Definitely. Having some non uniform creatures and dio pieces/settings in the mix really adds to the fun and visual appeal of a 1/6 collection. I would still love to see Sideshow make a massive Mudhorn statue as they did with the Rancor.

That has such a good ring to it. :)

The Mandalorian Season 2 was really the redemption of Fett, after suffering decades of humiliation for his ignoble end in ROTJ.

The throne began to seem more and more essential in my mind when I considered the epic epilogue to the final episode.
Just shows you how dumb executives can be. Fans always wanted more Boba. They were trying with a video game, then axed that. Then went for a movie, got axed. Then gave another guy the show, then Boba came in and took the spotlight. This guy should have gotten his own movie a long time ago.

I think collectors are going to be disappointed when he arrives and they sit him down and realize that it looked better with the extra Jabba base under the chair lol
It’ll still look badass without the Jabba base. would I love to have the Jabba base and back ground pieces though?....hell yes.

Attachments

• 87F9ADEC-25F9-4A99-9BDA-91FE592D4DC8.jpeg
    87F9ADEC-25F9-4A99-9BDA-91FE592D4DC8.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 47
Definitely. Having some non uniform creatures and dio pieces/settings in the mix really adds to the fun and visual appeal of a 1/6 collection. I would still love to see Sideshow make a massive Mudhorn statue as they did with the Rancor.
The Mudhorn is still on my "To-Do" list. Made all the measurements, got the 3D file etc. Just a problem with room in my current setup, and getting the right sort of 3D printer. He's a LOT bigger than you expect !

But perhaps later when I move again and have more time and big 3D printers get even cheaper.

Such an impressive beast ! Origin of Mando + Grogu clan and an awesome moment in the show. Can still remember thinking holy **** this show is epic !!

I've preordered the version with the throne. Big Bad Boba needs his pimp chair.
I was thinking of just getting the standard version, thinking if I get the throne I'll feel I have to pose him on it because of the extra cost of buying it, but screw it, I want the centrepiece of my Fett collection to be this.
All hail King Boba.

I think HT is releasing this now as they know something about BoBF, like a new armour or something. Otherwise they wouldn't have a new Fett figure for that show if he wore the same one.

Edit: although S2 Mando is more or less the same armour as S1.

The Mudhorn is still on my "To-Do" list. Made all the measurements, got the 3D file etc. Just a problem with room in my current setup, and getting the right sort of 3D printer. He's a LOT bigger than you expect !

But perhaps later when I move again and have more time and big 3D printers get even cheaper.

Such an impressive beast ! Origin of Mando + Grogu clan and an awesome moment in the show. Can still remember thinking holy **** this show is epic !!

Someday I definitely want to learn the ins and outs of 3D printing. I would love to in the short term but realistically it's probably a long way off, like after a retire to a place I know I won't move from.

I think HT is releasing this now as they know something about BoBF, like a new armour or something. Otherwise they wouldn't have a new Fett figure for that show if he wore the same one.

I don't think there is any doubt there will be at least one V2 Fett coming from the show. People should be expecting it at this point. But like V2 Mando with Camtono I still want repainted Fett on throne. To a lesser extent that moment for Fett was kinda like Luke's Mando moment.

I think that is same to assume, but this is technically Mando S2 and window is open to pump these out. I'd bet at plenty of other variations of Fett. Another new paint scheme and/or a new flight suit underneath, a battle damaged ROTJ Fett, maybe a reissued OT Fett. Howard is rock hard for this series I'm sure.

After having all the inaccuracies pointed out to me (I salute you, accuracy freaks) I think it just became easier to make my decision. As it stands, I'm not paying 150$ more for the undersized throne and the oversized headsculpt I'll never use. Also, there's no way in hell I'm not displaying this guy next to Mando so for me those 2 accessories are pointless. Not to mention the inevitable version from his solo show which I might have to get (depending on how it turns out) and I'm not sure that I'm willing to spend so much on a single character. I'll either risk preordering the regular version or wait to see if the elongated visor and rough paintjob are fixed before that.

It’ll still look badass without the Jabba base. would I love to have the Jabba base and back ground pieces though?....hell yes.
Knowing Hot Toys, they'll offer the base and back ground pieces as an accessory expansion pack for maybe $150 to $250 USD?

Back