1/6 Hot Toys - TMS003 - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll show you why we call it hell's kitchen!

92adb59dd0640090cdf6b670668a556a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on the mostly lukewarm reviews on this figure (a few by reviewers who are hardcore DD fans), i am strongly considering cancelling my pre-order in the hopes that there will be a more appealing costume design for season 3, and if so, Hot Toys will produce a second version with that new uniform. As a few of the reviews have pointed out, the scale and proportions of this figure concern me as well. I don't know... This was a figure I was initially really excited about, but not so much now. I believe season 3 begins filming next month, so hopefully some screen leaks are posted online revealing a new costume design.

Based on the mostly lukewarm reviews on this figure (a few by reviewers who are hardcore DD fans), i am strongly considering cancelling my pre-order in the hopes that there will be a more appealing costume design for season 3, and if so, Hot Toys will produce a second version with that new uniform. As a few of the reviews have pointed out, the scale and proportions of this figure concern me as well. I don't know... This was a figure I was initially really excited about, but not so much now. I believe season 3 begins filming next month, so hopefully some screen leaks are posted online revealing a new costume design.

If ur a dd fan
U will like the figure
With some minor posing the proportions will look nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still thinking of dumping my $50 International Code on him, just to have a Netflix Daredevil in the collection.

(Another exercise in team building).

If youre still thinking about it now, just do it. Sounds like youve made your decision already about getting him.

It's one of those figures that I feel I ought to have, but not one I really want. A bit like Drax.

There's only been a few photos where the HT Daredevil doesn't look like a frumpy muppet.

Platty got a good image of him:

Platty said:

There's only a few pose options available due to the fit of the suit, like this simple one which works well.

If people don't buy this there won't be another HT DD.

There's only a few pose options available due to the fit of the suit, like this simple one which works well.

Articulation is fine, the suit is nowhere near as restrictive as ones on other figures such as Ant-Man or Nolan Batman.

Figure's OK but it'd have looked like the prototype.
I mean, you can't leave it in an action pose because the costume would get damaged anyway...
So, why not at least make it look perfect overall? Blah.

I'll just wait and see if they make S1-S2 version so that I could pose him with a chain and S&W revolver.
That imagery is the only one that stuck with me, great scenes on the roof and stairway.

hj5MdGo.jpg

. . .

Also, ***t -eating grin face plate please!

5kCAFZF.jpg

Some of the pictures here clearly show that you can make this figure look good even in a basic standing pose. But you have to do some minor futzing. That's the case with a lot of figures, I think some hot toys figures look so great just right out of the box that it may spoil some collectors. But if you've been collecting customs and the like you know that slight little tweaks Here There--arm position, the way the knees are bent, how far are the shoulders are hunched forward, the way the wrists are positioned, the way the head is cocked all these things can affect how good a figure looks on the Shelf. And I'm no Master Futzer, but when I put my mind to it I can do an okay job with things like this. I suspect that will be the case with Daredevil. And at the end of the day if you're going to get a comic book superhero figure you can't do much better than this guy. He's way cooler than about 99% of the other Marvel and DC live action characters out there.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

God, this turned out awful.

Money saved.

You know I don't like Star Wars. So I don't go on Star Wars threads and bash Star Wars figures because bringing negativity to things just isn't productive and makes you seem like a huge **** that just likes to be a, well... ****.

See the connection here?

Some of the pictures here clearly show that you can make this figure look good even in a basic standing pose. But you have to do some minor futzing.

That's how I think this figure looks best. Platty's photo that I quoted earlier gives me a lot of hope.

It's both a pose that sorts out the suit as well as hopefully preserves it without bending the limbs sharply.

It's one of those figures that I feel I ought to have, but not one I really want. A bit like Drax.

There's only been a few photos where the HT Daredevil doesn't look like a frumpy muppet.

Platty got a good image of him:

Platty said:

Yes, this image was oddly the most encouraging one in the whole thread for me. I feel like with it being such a crappy, low light, pic it ironically gives us the best idea of what it may look like in hand. A few video reviews I have watched mentioned that they thought it looked way better in hand than in the pictures. It just seems like some figures don't photograph well in terms of of really being able to judge the likeness. I think it just may be some face shapes are more thrown off more than others by the way the small scale transfers when seen through the lens of a camera. My guess is, and hope, that the camera flattens out his face making it look fatter in pictures than it looks in person. Anyway, between these pics and a few comments I am encouraged that the sculpt is going to look just fine when I get it in person.

Yea, the figures is limited, but I do think we have a few options. I don't think he has to be a museum posed figure (good thing, because actually I don't think a museum pose would be those most flattering for him. You need some sort of action [action light] pose using both his arms and legs to create some angles to hide how straight the figure without much difference between his shoulders and waist). I think though the three different version of his weapon help create some variety of poses with his upper body and I think his legs and ankles (because of and despite the weird sectioned boot) provide enough articulation in his legs to create a natural sense of movement and balance- even if not extreme. I don't think this figure will look good going up on the shelf without taking the time to really try and find a natural pose which hits a bit at movement; even if it is just a defense stance, or a stance that looks like he is about to spring into action, or even just one with a slight step or turn, perhaps looking down (at the city) with billy club ready in hand. Anyway, I am not worried about being able to find a few decent poses for him. Sometimes the simple poses, futz well, and balanced naturally so that it stands or 'moves' like a real person would, look the best. I think you will be able to accomplish this with the figure.

It's one of those figures that I feel I ought to have, but not one I really want.
I'm a fan of the Frank Miller DD run in the comics and I think the show captured the spirit of that extremely well. This is the MCU Daredevil and there is no other character in the MCU anything like him. They clearly didn't hit a home run with this figure, but I also don't think it's a bad figure at all. If you like the show, and/or like the character in the comics I think this is a must have. I'm looking forward to getting him.

I think... after being really hyped for this and Punisher - that I'll probably give them a pass, or buy cheaper down the line. I keep going back to these pictures and not feeling them. I was so happy when i saw the prototype, but the body is just too off for me which is a shame, some pictures look really good, though, and I hope everyone who gets it enjoys it!

Back