1/6 Hot Toys - TMS003 - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine on the orders page now says 9/5/17 when yesterday it said 8/5/17. So there ya go.

I went back a few pages and didn't see this mentioned but is anybody else a little underwhelmed with this?

Also, is anyone waiting to see if the defenders will get figures?

Edit: Went back one more page and saw the criticism

The only underwhelming part of this release is the lack of an unmasked head, since he was taking the helmet off while in costume so many times that season.

Plus, it would have been the only time where the thousand yard stare Hot Toys is so fond of would be appropriate!

This is one of my most anticipated releases. I never thought we would get a 1/6 Daredevil from HT. I love the character and back in my legends/Select days he was one of my instant buys. I never thought I would get him back into my collection when I went full 1/6. Easily my favorite marvel show as well. Now here's hoping someday we get a Kingpin and IF he shows up, a Bullseye.

Personally, I can't wait for this figure. The costume from the Netflix series might not be the best version of Daredevil, but he's always been one of my favorite heroes and I'm really, really excited to add him to my collection. There's just been something a bit more "real" about Daredevil to me and although he's not one of the name brand Marvel superheroes, I'm glad he's finally getting some more attention.

Yeah, I've been a pretty big fan of DD going back to my childhood--I had the Secret Wars toy. He was different from the other Marvel guys. Grittier and more relatable than guys like Cap or Thor, but not a psychopath pushed off the deep end like Punisher. Lots of parallels to Batman, in part because of Miller's influence, but he was quite distinctive, and had some great stories over the years. I feel Netflix has handled him just right, and this figure is one of the few Marvel guys that was an absolute no brainer to me when it was announced.

Hopefully they fix his chunky looking face, cause those Comic-Con photos ain't looking great. The prototype pics look wayyyyyy better!

I have this on flex with my final payment having been pushed back multiple times. If I contact sideshow to cancel and move the $ to another figure I think they will, having read through the flex terms, but will they move my NRD as well?

I have this on flex with my final payment having been pushed back multiple times. If I contact sideshow to cancel and move the $ to another figure I think they will, having read through the flex terms, but will they move my NRD as well?

Word is they will do that just once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've canceled 2-3 figures because of multiple delays and have been given the NRD back on all of them. However, I have never contacted them to explicitly do so. Under the reason for cancellation, I just put delay as the main reason and explain. If you contact them about moving the money to another figure, they will tell you that is not the policy(which is isn't) and all they can do is cancel it without giving you the NRD.

But if you decide to contact them I think they give you a "freebie" for the NRD just once, so use it wisely.

I love the Daredevil show and it captures a lot of what I loved about the Frank Miller run in the comics. The delay isn't a killer for me. I'm still looking forward to this figure and now that I have ordered OSK's "Luke Cage" (though that's not what OSK calls him) I am looking forward to Daredevil all the more. I don't know how likely it will ever be to see these Netflix characters with any movie MCU characters, but seeing them together on my shelf will be fun. When thinking of a display and groupings I am thinking with Doctor Strange coming around the same time that he might be fun to pose with Daredevil, along with Luke Cage giving us combination of both the comics and netflix's version of the defenders.

I've canceled 2-3 figures because of multiple delays and have been given the NRD back on all of them. However, I have never contacted them to explicitly do so. Under the reason for cancellation, I just put delay as the main reason and explain. If you contact them about moving the money to another figure, they will tell you that is not the policy(which is isn't) and all they can do is cancel it without giving you the NRD.

But if you decide to contact them I think they give you a "freebie" for the NRD just once, so use it wisely.

Thank you!

I had to cancel my order on Daredevil. :( Did not have enough money. Maybe I will pick him up later in the year....and hopefully he looks better than those pics from SDCC. :/

I had to cancel my order on Daredevil. :( Did not have enough money. Maybe I will pick him up later in the year....and hopefully he looks better than those pics from SDCC. :/

I know that feeling. I'm likely going to cancel Doctor Strange and potentially this due to the same issue.

So as excited as I am for this figure to come out, the only thing i'm not loving is the body/fit of the suit. I get that Hot Toys wants the body to be as articulate as possible but Matt kinda just looks out of shape. XD Kinda wanna pad his traps a bit. But I hope the final production run is improved!

Back