1/6 Hot Toys - TMS003 - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mainly blame Brian Singer for that. He's stated he disliked the costumes. It's what happens when you hire someone with no love of the source material or desire to stick to it to direct a major franchise film.
That's enough to make me sick :yuck:

I hate that they went with such bland monochrome costumes for the X-Men, like they were afraid to use some color. Normally I couldn't care any less for the X-Men movies or anything FOX but that really annoys me :gah:

I'd even rather watch that than X-Men: Apocalypse, X3, and Wolverine Origins.

I actually just watched Apocalypse last night for the first time. I was heartily entertained by all the terrible, early-2000s quality CGI. Otherwise, yeah, you're not missing anything.

I haven't seen Apocalypse yet, and I am debating if I want to buy it for my X-men movie collection. I was kind of satisfied with DOFP as an ending to the franchise. But, now that I have seen the Logan trailer I think I'll want to see it and now I am wondering if I need to see Apocalypse first anyway. I haven't read that much story info about Apocalypse in case I do see it I don't want anything major spoiled, but I wonder how it ranks with the other X-Men movies. I agree that movies like X-3 and Wolverine origins are the weakest , but I don't hate them like some people do, at the same time I hate to end on a low note which is why I am thinking about just keeping DOFP as the "ending" at least when it comes to my own collection unless Apocalypse is really worth it.

X Men has been my favorite comic series for a long while, favorite super hero movies too and Logan himself has been my favorite fictional character for twenty years now, take it from me when I say you don't need to see Apocalypse to fill in any blanks, I felt the exact same as you, I want the series to go out on a bang and DOFP was possibly the best or at least one of the best of the series. Can't wait for Logan though.

I haven't seen Apocalypse yet, and I am debating if I want to buy it for my X-men movie collection. I was kind of satisfied with DOFP as an ending to the franchise. But, now that I have seen the Logan trailer I think I'll want to see it and now I am wondering if I need to see Apocalypse first anyway. I haven't read that much story info about Apocalypse in case I do see it I don't want anything major spoiled, but I wonder how it ranks with the other X-Men movies. I agree that movies like X-3 and Wolverine origins are the weakest , but I don't hate them like some people do, at the same time I hate to end on a low note which is why I am thinking about just keeping DOFP as the "ending" at least when it comes to my own collection unless Apocalypse is really worth it.

It's worth watching if you've seen all the rest but I wouldn't rush out to buy it without seeing it first. For me it was clearly the worst of the franchise, mainly because it just wasn't particularly entertaining or engaging. It seemed like the movie's main purpose was to get Jennifer Lawrence back one more time and then set up a new cast for future movies. Except now there are rumors that the X-Men franchise is going to get a complete reboot, making it all a moot point. But really, I think the entire tone and approach of Singer's movies seems incredibly dated by modern super hero movie standards. Will be nice to see a new take, hopefully.

Anyway, still waiting to see this Daredevil figure again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DOFP was the highlight of the X movies. Apocalypse was decent but not as good. Hard to recreate that magic again. I'll watch any of the X movies even if they reboot. It's been my favorite comic since I was a kid. I'd love to know who they would get to play the roles. I can't imagine anyone else in the role to play Wolverine besides Jackman.

While I'm grateful for Singer bringing the X-Men to the big screen, I agree the franchise feels dated compared to more recent superhero flicks. As for a reboot, Fox has a lame-ass track record for reboots (FF, Spider-Man). I pray that Fox makes a deal with Marvel akin to their Spider-Man deal. Otherwise, just let the franchise be. As far as recasting Wolverine, I could see Tom Hardy being up to the task.

Got a lot of love for my custom but I'm still really looking forward to HT's take. Hopefully they'll go with the trench coat and skull vest look, and hopefully it won't be an age before we see it.

ad33fa3bbaa2b3a414509301d33aa22a.jpg

Got a lot of love for my custom but I'm still really looking forward to HT's take. Hopefully they'll go with the trench coat and skull vest look, and hopefully it won't be an age before we see it.

ad33fa3bbaa2b3a414509301d33aa22a.jpg

I love that custom too! Got any more pics of it? What body did you use?

I'm hoping (like everyone else) that hot toys goes for the end of the season look, longer hair and trench with bulletproof vest. The OSK head is more than good for the earlier look IMO.

I love that custom too! Got any more pics of it? What body did you use?

I'm hoping (like everyone else) that hot toys goes for the end of the season look, longer hair and trench with bulletproof vest. The OSK head is more than good for the earlier look IMO.

Thanks!

Couple more here.

f351b6836b48cc6383a11c1b19ed410d.jpg

6b4cdab614df53d164854a974b93efb7.jpg

The clothes were tailored for the big ganghood body, but personally I think the ZC Toys Muscular body I'm using fits it better. The sculpt also sits more comfortably on the ZC Toys neck.

Yeah this sculpt is perfect for the street clothes look Frank rocks at the beginning of season two. Looks a lot like Bernthal too.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Couple more here.

f351b6836b48cc6383a11c1b19ed410d.jpg

6b4cdab614df53d164854a974b93efb7.jpg

The clothes were tailored for the big ganghood body, but personally I think the ZC Toys Muscular body I'm using fits it better. The sculpt also sits more comfortably on the ZC Toys neck.

Yeah this sculpt is perfect for the street clothes look Frank rocks at the beginning of season two. Looks a lot like Bernthal too.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Looks great! Sculpt is spot on if you ask me, especially after so many lackluster Bernthal sculpts over the years, nice to see somebody got him down! Handy camera work, friend!

I'm not planning on getting Punisher, just not a character I am a big fan of, but some of these customs are fantastic and I am not sure if I would need a HT figure if I had a custom of character I wanted that looked as good as some of these.

Back