1/6 Hot Toys- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Jet Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shadiversity explains that narrow visors are adequate for skilled combatants, at least for hand to hand combat. There are many knight helmets with thinner slots. And also, as shown in Mandalorian and ROTS we see that they are not just plain slits, they have enhancements.

Ducktrooper!

[emoji1]

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Your lack of maturity and intelligence on full display. I know we collect dolls but still that's no excuse to behave like kids.

Friend of mine, member of local 501st, says that in Stormtrooper helmet you can't see anything. It's really a fantasy, nothing like that could work.

Malgus always be like...

7ed781fdba45276602940a5596dfef68.gif

Your lack of maturity and intelligence on full display. I know we collect dolls but still that's no excuse to behave like kids.

Dude, if you're incapable of going along with the jokes and humor, I think you need to look for lack of maturity and intelligence elsewhere. Like, in the mirror.

But seriously, despite not liking the design (and having no interest in purchasing this figure) I came into this thread to 1. see what the overall reaction was and 2. to try and discuss the (for me at least) odd business decisions regarding the release of figures that historically have not sold well instead of figures that would seem to have more of a fan base.
Now, some fellow boardies (fans of duck troopers or not) have (gasp) actually engaged in intelligent conversation regarding this, instead of running around insulting and antagonising people.

I realise it's a bummer to come into a thread of something you enjoy only to find people spouting negativity, I have experienced enough of that in the movies section, but IMHO the thing to do is to discuss things with good arguments, and not be the one to stoop to insults and aggressive behaviour.

Oh, and...

Yeah, I checked out PC's sale a few days ago - which only applied to in-stock stuff - and was stunned to see nearly FIFTEEN different ST troopers in stock (various types/two-packs), many from TFA. It was about 1/2 of what they had in stock.

These are great for ST collectors and a few look kinda cool but you wonder how companies would accept new variants when the old ones don't sell.

It's a shame really, the original ST trooper design isn't that bad. I've been tempted a few times to get one or two, but since I'm not a fan of the movies, there isn't much incentive to own one. I bought a Black Series one, along with Kylo, and they actually look quite nice, but that's all I have from the ST.

And yet HT never even offered limited runs on the two troopers from Solo that were previewed at cons. Despite Solo's BO, those would have sold out like the Patrol Troopers did. Even the R1 troopers sold through. It's just these sequel troopers that just sit.

I suppose Disney pulled the plug on those. Again, if the Solo Patrol Trooper sold well, there's no reason why Hot Toys would think other troopers wouldn't sell. Besides, the R&D that goes into these figures must be quite expensive to just not release them afterwards...

Probably these ST figures are the stipulations regulated in contract between HT and Lucasfilm... " you have the obligation to produce xxx amount of TROS 1/6 figures, as part of the promotion deal to promote the final chapter of the most beloved clown saga bla bla....."

Yeah, that's my thinking as well.

I think the SOLO troopers and Rogue One troopers didn't actually sell that well? That's the only reason I can think of that resulted in designs like the Tank Commander and Range Trooper not made. We see the after market prices are now high but we don't know the total production size, which could have been small due to low PO counts. I honestly see the production size for the Jet Troopers being small as well.

I swear the only two designs I like out of everything from the New Order era

Sith Troopers
FO Tie Pilots
About the same for me. Though I can't see myself getting a Sithtrooper as is; honestly I would if it had a finish like the Amazon Black Series carbonized figure.

Exactly! Thank you Deputy Doll Collector for getting these people back in line. We desperately need more people here with no authority or respect for others to remind everyone that having fun talking about toys is strictly prohibited and brushing the hair on a Chewbacca doll is serious business.

Exactly! Thank you Deputy Doll Collector for getting these people back in line. We desperately need more people here with no authority or respect for others to remind everyone that having fun talking about toys is strictly prohibited and brushing the hair on a Chewbacca doll is serious business.

:lol brilliant!

Forgive me, I haven't posted much and maybe I'm thinking people are attacking one another when they're just joking back and forth? If attacking, how is that helpful?

Forgive me, I haven't posted much and maybe I'm thinking people are attacking one another when they're just joking back and forth? If attacking, how is that helpful?

You have people with obvious problems who get genuinely angry when Hot Toys doesn't ask them for permission before releasing a figure. They express that anger in every thread of any of those said figures. Now the normal well adjusted adult thing would be to ignore the threads of figures they have no interest in but instead they come to the threads to throw a fit.

The question how long will the moderators allow the usual suspects to troll every thread of the troopers before getting involved. They must be waiting for things to get toxic.

That's sad some people are so unhappy they have to try to ruin it for others.

I really like this design and I think it looks fantastic.

Hot Toys wouldn't be making it if they couldn't make a bunch of money from it. Besides, troopers ARE popular - I'm a member of more than one group dedicated to them. I know it's not everyone's thing, but to those who hate them - okay, why not just go to the human figure areas you like? Why not try having fun with this, instead of being miserable - you might like it?

Segregation is not a good thing. Exposure to other points of view is healthy.

Sure, but the contention around here isn?t healthy either. That?s why I don?t come here more often. My daddy had a sayin - if you piss all over your neighbors front yard you can expect an ass-whoopin.

Manners don't cost anything.

Yeah. A cynic is just a disillusioned idealist. People who hate Star Wars stuff just wish so badly that they did love it.

Its better than people who won't talk about it at all because they have absolutely no interest and think you're under-developed for even liking this at your age.

The question how long will the moderators allow the usual suspects to troll every thread of the troopers before getting involved. They must be waiting for things to get toxic.

Once again we agree! Synergy! There is definitely a usual suspect here the moderators should take a look at who actively spreads flamebait in threads (this is just from the last 24 hours):

You have other issues you need to deal with sir... pretty pathetic.

That's relevant to no one else but you.

morons enter the thread

You have people with obvious problems.

Your lack of maturity and intelligence on full display.

snobs are annoying and don't deserve respect when they keep voicing their narrow minded point of view.

jerks who really don't deserve any respect.

Back