1/6 Hot Toys- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Jet Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job Hot Toys... make another shelf warmer rather than producing the Death Star Trooper :cuckoo:

!!! Don't ... remind ... too sad ...

29368338350_4858389933_b.jpg

These designs are the best they could come up with for a final film in a trilogy? Really? Return of the Jedi had Scout Troopers, Royal Guards, Endor Commandos, Jabba, Boussh and Twi'leks. Revenge of the Sith had Clone Troopers, General Grievous and the most iconic PT looks of Anakin and Obi-Wan. Rise of Skywalker has Jet Troopers, Ketchup Troopers, 'Nathan Drake' Poe, Jannah, Zorii Bliss, Dio and Klaude. No comment about the quality of Episode IX, but it's fair to say JJ has no eye for costume design.

As for Hot Toys, they really think these will outsell the Knights of Ren and X-Wing Poe?

I think for me the issue is that they're a bit too "slick and futuristic" for SW, and almost feel more like designs carried over from one of his Trek movies instead. Although I do still like a lot of them and think they look pretty cool on screen. They're just nowhere near as iconic or collectible as the OT designs.

Yep same feeling. But it is the future in SW, have to expect changes....

Its 40 years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool! I would take the white one though. I love the triple barrel blaster on him, and I'm still not entirely sold on the red Sith versions.

I'm surprised that Disney hasn't gone the Clone Trooper route with the ST and given us "Skittles" Troopers.

- Different colored troopers to force collectors to purchase more products.

That would have helped link the ST with the PT and OT as well.

As far as these Jet Troopers go, absolutely no interest from me. I picked up "4" figures from TFA and that has been as far as I have gone with ST figures. An X-wing Poe would probably be the only figure I would most likely get.

Disney must be twisting HT's arm pretty hard for them to give up production slots for figures that quite clearly will not be big sellers.
I'm sure this is not HT's decision, they did not grow to be the biggest 1/6 company by making peg warmers (which most ST troopers have turned out to be).

It's good to see most hated these. I can order the white one with discount and free global shipping next year.

These designs are the best they could come up with for a final film in a trilogy? Really? Return of the Jedi had Scout Troopers, Royal Guards, Endor Commandos, Jabba, Boussh and Twi'leks. Revenge of the Sith had Clone Troopers, General Grievous and the most iconic PT looks of Anakin and Obi-Wan. Rise of Skywalker has Jet Troopers, Ketchup Troopers, 'Nathan Drake' Poe, Jannah, Zorii Bliss, Dio and Klaude. No comment about the quality of Episode IX, but it's fair to say JJ has no eye for costume design.

As for Hot Toys, they really think these will outsell the Knights of Ren and X-Wing Poe?

Only the geeks who actually read the books know about the knight of Ren. The majority of people won't know about them until they see them in the next movie. I am sure hot toys will do some of them.

Back