1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering are the Star Wars Hot Toy clothes removable? Are they sewn onto the figures? or do they have velcro? I pre-ordered the Kylo Ren and Rey figures by Hot Toys from Sideshow. Obviously they will probably release updated figures for episode 9, with new clothes so I was wondering if the clothes can be removed to switch out outfits?

I absolutely LOVED Rey and Kylo in TLJ, which is why I pre-ordered both, I can't wait to see what happens in the final episode!

To add to BallisticCow's comment, there's a video of someone transferring Jakku Rey's clothing to Phicen. You can get an idea of the difficulties since the VIII outfit is similar. A little funny narration with "NSW" figure bodies: skip to 6:17.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk6OFTfhMMo

I was wondering are the Star Wars Hot Toy clothes removable? Are they sewn onto the figures? or do they have velcro? I pre-ordered the Kylo Ren and Rey figures by Hot Toys from Sideshow. Obviously they will probably release updated figures for episode 9, with new clothes so I was wondering if the clothes can be removed to switch out outfits?

I absolutely LOVED Rey and Kylo in TLJ, which is why I pre-ordered both, I can't wait to see what happens in the final episode!
Yes, the clothing on these figures are stitched in snug and tight. The instructions that come with these figures usually doesn't recommend you to remove the clothing unless interchangeable clothing is included with the figure.[emoji4]

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

So if I don’t do any mods and just keep him as is from the box, is he worth purchasing?

If you like the way the figure looks, probably. However, I would maybe wait until he is out because I think he might drop in price. Not because he's a bad figure or anything, but he's pretty light on accessories/clothing and isn't a one off character.

A headsculpt featuring that carbon like dressing/stitching device would have been great as well. Looking at it, Kylo could have benefited from the DX treatment.

I wonder how difficult it would be to pose Kylo and Rey in the back to back pose where she's leaning back on him to kick. Not sure if stands would be needed

I've just discovered that if you remove the long skirt from the first figure, he is just wearing the short skirt from the Last Jedi. Other than the new cloak and unmasked sculpt, it seems pretty similar.

I've just discovered that if you remove the long skirt from the first figure, he is just wearing the short skirt from the Last Jedi. Other than the new cloak and unmasked sculpt, it seems pretty similar.

They're different. The one in TFA is longer and has an "armored" pattern towards the bottom. In the movie, he has the shorter tunic under that part but the figure is one piece I believe.

But yes, the figure is decently similar. I imagine most are paying for the head sculpt.

Any guess when Kylo Ren will be release in Hong Kong? If im not mistaking it was announced before Anakin Skywalker figure right?

Any guess when Kylo Ren will be release in Hong Kong? If im not mistaking it was announced before Anakin Skywalker figure right?

I think sometime in July is the expectation for both Kylo Ren and Rey.

I just pre ordered him and Jedi Rey. Hopefully they don't look better in episode 9 or I'll have to trade up. I can't wait to see the final products. I really hope the Kylo head sculpt gets a little better. It doesn't look like Adam Driver to me

I just pre ordered him and Jedi Rey. Hopefully they don't look better in episode 9 or I'll have to trade up. I can't wait to see the final products. I really hope the Kylo head sculpt gets a little better. It doesn't look like Adam Driver to me

Plus an Episode IX Kylo is ~2 years away. Either way having an Apprentice Kylo and Supreme Leader Kylo would justify having both to me.

Plus an Episode IX Kylo is ~2 years away. Either way having an Apprentice Kylo and Supreme Leader Kylo would justify having both to me.

Came close to ordering Jedi Rey myself a couple times. But going to hold off until we see her Episode IX look, might be a better look (would be sweet if she went all black).

Came close to ordering Jedi Rey myself a couple times. But going to hold off until we see her Episode IX look, might be a better look (would be sweet if she went all black).

That's actually a great idea. I may just stay with the original scavenger Rey, but let's see.

Just so long as she's cool looking. JJ didn't make the best selection with the Stormtrooper design, hope he makes a better choice this time round for character designs

Skipping this version of Kylo since I'm not crazy about the headsculpt. I ended up ordering TFA Kylo earlier this year instead. But definitely getting Rey.

Back