1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pre-ordered. I like this outfit better than the one in TFA. Also - I like that we see his face instead of the wannabe-Vader mask.

I pre-ordered. I like this outfit better than the one in TFA. Also - I like that we see his face instead of the wannabe-Vader mask.

I like the duck mask :) I’m torn between TFA (which I’ve seen quite cheap), this one, which has a kinda odd head sculpt and not a fan of the costume as much or wait for the likely IX version. The second I have doubt I tend to at least wait for reviews, I don’t think this figure is going to push as many units as Thor or IM.

I don't think this Kylo or the TLJ Rey are going to sell many units at all. I think the Star Wars burnout, controversial reaction to the film, and plentiful supply of force awakens figures will keep these from selling. However, I bet that Hot Toys compensates and just makes less of them. Personally, I am excited about both to them.

Yea is agree I don't think these will be flying off the shelves unless they're perfect. I just think there was too much complaining about to movie and turned people away from merchandise.
The more I watch the movie the more I love Kylos outfit he just looks more like he's about the throw down with you and beat the hell out of you. But the thought of Supreme Leader Kylo sounds ****ing awesome! And I didn't really care for Rey's outfit in TFA just didn't like the color pretty much "too tan" so TLJ is just a significant improvement for me and she'll be the first girl figure Ill have in my collection so that'll be exciting

Came close to ordering Jedi Rey myself a couple times. But going to hold off until we see her Episode IX look, might be a better look (would be sweet if she went all black).

She'll also have her own lightsaber.

I like the duck mask :) I’m torn between TFA (which I’ve seen quite cheap), this one, which has a kinda odd head sculpt and not a fan of the costume as much or wait for the likely IX version. The second I have doubt I tend to at least wait for reviews, I don’t think this figure is going to push as many units as Thor or IM.

With how cheap the TFA version has been going for, there's no reason anybody can't just own both:lol

The TFA version is also a great figure that I think is much more impressive in hand. Seeing pictures online (especially the stock ones), it looks pretty meh and just like a heap of black cloth. But it's actually one of my favorites, I think. Great detail on it.

Definitely the definitive Kylo Ren for me atm.

It's possible. No delay announced at Sideshow for him. Actually, we could well see Kylo, Rey and the Praetorian turn up by the end of june in HK.

Much like Rey last week, he could land anytime. This being said, he's technically a 3rd quarter release. We could wait another 8-10 weeks before the first HK in hand reports.

Yeah. This guy needs to get released already. SO he can sit in retailers inventory for the next 2 years or so like the original better looking TFA release........ :monkey3

Just kidding.... :lol

I know some of you guys like Kylo Ren, but for me the minute he removed his mask so early in TFA he was no longer a menacing evil SW villain.

Hopefully Kylo will actually feel like a proper villain and less Emo like in EP9.

Kylo and Rey must kill each other in order to salvage the ST trilogy.

And then Broom kid takes over and finds a way to end the entire galaxy including the galaxy itself.

the minute he removed his mask so early in TFA he was no longer a menacing evil SW villain.

It's interesting people are still saying this. He's someone who is torn between light and dark and needs to portray vulnerability.

It's interesting people are still saying this. He's someone who is torn between light and dark and needs to portray vulnerability.

My biggest issue is as the main bad guy he and doesn't have the gravitas to hold that position. His emperor was a chump as is his commanding officer.

The story could have been a interesting reverse take on Luke's path if handled correctly. Meaning Snoke aka Darth Plagueis should have been there. What a interesting story it would have been to find out how he survived Sheev's assassination attempt. I mean, the scars were there and everything. He was all set up for Rian to run with.

Yeah. This guy needs to get released already. SO he can sit in retailers inventory for the next 2 years or so like the original better looking TFA release........ :monkey3

Just kidding.... :lol

I know some of you guys like Kylo Ren, but for me the minute he removed his mask so early in TFA he was no longer a menacing evil SW villain.

Hopefully Kylo will actually feel like a proper villain and less Emo like in EP9.

Kylo Ren is the best character in the new movies, hands down. He’s a terrific villain in that his internal struggle is so intense and quivering. His costume in TFA was better, but his face is very important in portraying the character and his internal battle.
This is the one figure that I’d buy from the new trilogy.

Kylo Ren is the best character in the new movies, hands down. He’s a terrific villain in that his internal struggle is so intense and quivering. His costume in TFA was better, but his face is very important in portraying the character and his internal battle.
This is the one figure that I’d buy from the new trilogy.

I respect all your opinions no question, and I agree it's great to have complex characters who are conflicted, flawed etc etc. It can definitely can make a character more believable. eg Thanos or Killmonger, but Kylo just isn't evil to me. In my eyes he's not even "bad".

When they said he was the supreme leader I almost chuckled to myself. I just didn't buy it. Even Luke calls him "kid". No one calls Vader "kid".

Star Wars core is good vs evil. If the evil fails to convince eg Kylo and Snoke, then the whole thing falls down.

But that's just my 5 cents worth.

his face is very important in portraying the character and his internal battle.

Not directed at you but this is why I hate comic book movies reasoning as to why heroes always have to lose their masks. I remember them saying this was the same reason for Scar to remove his mask in AvP. A real good actor/director can express all that without having to see a face.

Plenty of movie characters have done that, with success before. Having to see his face for people to “connect with him” just comes across cheap to me.

With that said, I’ll forever leave his mask on when I get this figure.

Back