1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In all seriousness, I do hope they don't have Luke turn bad. He's sort of supposed to be the "incorruptable Jedi" to me. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he does in a major plot twist, in which he teaches Rey the ways of The Force and his mind starts going down a dark path. Deep into her training, Rey recognizes what path Luke is taking and wants no part of it.

I think Hamill has expressed interest in the past that he would like to see the character turn bad. Perhaps that was one of the stipulations in order for him to return.
I personally think it'd be a major cop out to have Luke turn to the Dark Side. Really hoping that's not the plan for his character.

Weird promo pic - Guess they wanted to make him look like a medieval knight, but wouldn't his saber go thru the floor? heh...

star-wars-kylo-ren-sixth-scale-hot-toys-903179-05.jpg

In all seriousness, I do hope they don't have Luke turn bad. He's sort of supposed to be the "incorruptable Jedi" to me. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he does in a major plot twist, in which he teaches Rey the ways of The Force and his mind starts going down a dark path. Deep into her training, Rey recognizes what path Luke is taking and wants no part of it.

I think Hamill has expressed interest in the past that he would like to see the character turn bad. Perhaps that was one of the stipulations in order for him to return.

I don't think he will. I wouldn't mind if he did I just don't see Disney letting that happen. I could see him dying though. Or sacrificing himself similar to Obi.

This figure reminds me of a 1:12 release, the material, sculpt, everything just seems a bit...off.

Let's face it, in TFA Kylo Ren was basically a wannabe poser, who was trying way too hard to be a villain. He was actually a very conflicted person who, for some unrevealed reason, had major issues with his parents. His outfit reflected all of this, with its haphazard thrown together look. I'm actually hopeful that he becomes more settled in his villainy with this new look, which is more demure and less showy. He actually looks more like a knight, more refined and serious.

Anyone had luck getting Sideshow to move a NRD to another figure if you change your mind on one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only somewhat cool facet of Kylo's look in TFA IS his mask. Take that away and he's a big nosed skinny white boy. Nothing scary at all. Like I said, I feel it was a big mistake on Disney's part to lose the evil look. In every SW movie, everyone is terrified of Vader, Imperials and Rebels. In TFA Kylo walks up to Poe after like 10 minutes of screen time and he pretty much laughs in his face and showed no fear at all. That's not saying much for the main villain

Kylo wants to be Vader right now but he isn't - that's the point of his character. There's a strong possibility he won't get any more "menacing" than he was in the beginning of TFA because his character arc might not be headed in that direction.

And they got too good of an actor to hide behind a mask for 3 films.

I don't need him to be as "scary" as Vader - he's an interesting character as he is to me.

Kylo wants to be Vader right now but he isn't - that's the point of his character. There's a strong possibility he won't get any more "menacing" than he was in the beginning of TFA because his character arc might not be headed in that direction.

And they got too good of an actor to hide behind a mask for 3 films.

I don't need him to be as "scary" as Vader - he's an interesting character as he is to me.

Yep, he's not supposed to be Vader 2.0. I feel like a lot of people miss the point there lol

I don't see him getting any scarier than he was at the start of TFA, but I do think he was pretty scary there. All of my friends kids were/are scared of TFA Kylo. Neighbor's daughter covered her eyes during the interrogation scenes with Poe & Rey in the forest, and much of the saber battle because she was scared of him

Not to bash the Praetorian guards but seriously- Would you rather have 2 of those or 2 or the Emperors Guards?
I look at in terms of what I can spend and priorities. sorry.

I rather have 2 of those... now what?

I rather have 2 of those... now what?

I'd rather have 2 praetorian guards... more interesting to look at, and look like they're going to actually have action in the movie.

Though, either way they'll do more than the Emperors guards assuming they make one movement lol

Not to bash the Praetorian guards but seriously- Would you rather have 2 of those or 2 or the Emperors Guards?
I look at in terms of what I can spend and priorities. sorry.

If we're talking which characters would I rather have as toys, I'd pick the Emperor's Royal guard. If we're talking about who would I rather have guarding me, I think I'd take these guys in heavy armor with edged weapons over the guys with nothing but capes and sticks who do nothing but get bounced against
a wall by Yoda in episode III and leave a room when asked in episode VI.

Back