1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries.
I'll be very interested to see how it turns out.

So an update on the melted Vader helmet that arrived damage from eBay. Good and bad as it turns out. The seller offered to replace the helmet, which is good and it arrived in perfect shape today, which is also good, but the fact that he was able to do this with a rare custom item I find a little strange, so I’m thinking it may be a recast. The original helmet and stand I got from him came with a Creg certificate of authenticity so can’t say for sure.

I’ve seen some of the original ones, and I think the helmets had an ashy look to them that I thought might have been dust, but I think that was intentional now and for obvious reasons. The one I got is pretty much flat black.

So anyhow, I’m very happy it’s resolved and it looks great, though now a bit dubious about the item’s legitimacy. I’ll post some pics with Ren when I get a chance later this week.

So an update on the melted Vader helmet that arrived damage from eBay. Good and bad as it turns out. The seller offered to replace the helmet, which is good and it arrived in perfect shape today, which is also good, but the fact that he was able to do this with a rare custom item I find a little strange, so I’m thinking it may be a recast. The original helmet and stand I got from him came with a Creg certificate of authenticity so can’t say for sure.

I’ve seen some of the original ones, and I think the helmets had an ashy look to them that I thought might have been dust, but I think that was intentional now and for obvious reasons. The one I got is pretty much flat black.

So anyhow, I’m very happy it’s resolved and it looks great, though now a bit dubious about the item’s legitimacy. I’ll post some pics with Ren when I get a chance later this week.

Sounds fishy right enough.
I'd still love to see pics.

Sounds fishy right enough.
I'd still love to see pics.

Just a quick phone shot. Will try to take some better ones. Now that I know how fragile it is I probably need to put some kind of blue tac to stop it from potentially sliding off.

2ebfce86b07d2d1ec85bae1cea2c011a.jpg

Great gallery of shots! Looks cool!

I wouldn't be surprised if the TFA Kylo Ren Hot Toys figure was locked down well before the movie came out and Diz/Abrams did not want to risk any spoilers by including this as an accessory. That's too bad if that is the case. Considering that the TFA Ren is still easily available at retail, including this pivotal item as a oack-in might've moved this figure to sell-out status by now.

But I don't want to digress from that excellent set-up you have going there, TonTon...the helmet relic looks really cool!

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking too. And then it didn’t reappear in TLJ so they couldn’t include it there. The only chance I guess would have been a second TFA version with a head sculpt after spoilers were less a concern, but wasn’t meant to be.

Happy to have the amazing TLJ version now though and glad the seller was able to send over a new helmet.

If I’m not mistaken, the melted Darth Vader helmet appeared in the first trailer for TFA. That was nearly a year out from the film, and at least six months before preorders went up for the Hot Toys figures. They could’ve made it happen. Kylo Ren probably would’ve sold better too. It’s an enticing piece, and it looks great in TonTon’s display there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing figure, incredible likeness and the figure has a lot of shelf presence.

BBTS is down to 6 of these left. HT probably did smaller production runs for TLJ figures, or he is selling really well, or maybe a bit of both.

If I’m not mistaken, the melted Darth Vader helmet appeared in the first trailer for TFA. That was nearly a year out from the film, and at least six months before preorders went up for the Hot Toys figures. They could’ve made it happen. Kylo Ren probably would’ve sold better too. It’s an enticing piece, and it looks great in TonTon’s display there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't imagine that melted helmet making any difference in sales. Maybe a unmasked head head sculpt of Kylo would have made a huge difference with the sales of TFA figure.

Back