1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I threw the TFA pants on over the current pants, looks much better, fills his legs out a bit more as they looked too scrawny to me and I was getting an Ichabod Crane vibe from the figure. Is the saber different structurally or just some paint differences? I failed to notice or look closely.

I remember seeing a comparison where not only was the hilt painted slightly differently, but the blades were a deeper red as well.

The blades are darker as mentioned. Additionally (without comparing them side by side, just noticing the differences based on what I remember) the hilt emitters are painted differently. They're really eye catching on the TLJ version.

That was TLJ on left (which has richer red blades) and the TFA on right. I like the more nuanced TFA hilt, which has sharper paint apps on that little section with the two screws. But then on the vents the TLJ version has more detail. I'm just gonna keep the TLJ version as I'm selling off the rest of the TFA parts and I'd rather keep the new figure intact.

The main issue I have with the new boots are just those super thick soles that don't look in scale. Otherwise they're fine, they're taller and glossy which might be accurate, I'm not sure.

I hadnt noticed until I saw your pics, but damn yeah, those are some Frankenstein boots right there lol

Definitely an error. First class needs to be under 16 oz.

So my Palps showed up from that ebay seller today. He sent it priority (and paid $17 to do so, which is nice since he didnt charge shipping). It came straight in the shipper, but luckily it's all good.

He's definitely legit, and if he still has Kylo's available when the next ebay coupon hits, I'm buying one from him for sure!

So my Palps showed up from that ebay seller today. He sent it priority (and paid $17 to do so, which is nice since he didnt charge shipping). It came straight in the shipper, but luckily it's all good.

He's definitely legit, and if he still has Kylo's available when the next ebay coupon hits, I'm buying one from him for sure!

Yeah, probably just an error when listing then. Some people will list as first class if they don't want to input all the dimensions and whatnot of the package.

Alternate reality.
3e0bd3d9f2b65e3271e3a48e177ae194.jpg

Just got mine today as well, and it really is a cool looking figure. Although the thick boots and lack of any ankle articulation is definitely frustrating, especially when it comes to trying to put him into any Throne Room action pose. So think I'll probably have to settle for something more like this instead:

20181227_222612.jpg

20181227_222726.jpg

20181227_223000.jpg

I gotta say though, as good as the head looks in hand, I'm still kinda partial to the Gregcustoms sculpt. As I just think it captures him a bit better somehow (not to mention the fact he had much cooler hair in TFA ;)). The only issue is that it's a bit oversized.

20181227_223831.jpg

20181227_22402911.jpg

Can you just swap the boots with the TFA ones? Those are really good IMO. I think a few people also got less weathered ones, just luck of the draw. Weird that the new boots are structurally different.

Just bought mine on eBay with a discount code, paid under $200.00 very excited to get.

Just got mine today as well, and it really is a cool looking figure. Although the thick boots and lack of any ankle articulation is definitely frustrating, especially when it comes to trying to put him into any Throne Room action pose. So think I'll probably have to settle for something more like this instead:

View attachment 437792

View attachment 437793

View attachment 437794

I gotta say though, as good as the head looks in hand, I'm still kinda partial to the Gregcustoms sculpt. As I just think it captures him a bit better somehow (not to mention the fact he had much cooler hair in TFA ;)). The only issue is that it's a bit oversized.

View attachment 437798

View attachment 437796

That custom is great. Doesn't look that large there but compared to TFA Rey's head it sure does. Both look like solid representations of the character from the respective films.

Back