1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool Fett shadow in the background! Intentional?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Taking part in many art critique circles I would like to say that was my artistic intent to show the legendary shadow cast over future generations...but that is a lie and completely unintentional. Sorta neat though [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taking part in many art critique circles I would like to say that was my artistic intent to show the legendary shadow cast over future generations...but that is a lie and completely unintentional. Sorta neat though [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your honesty is only equaled by your unintended artistical genius.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Like many others I took advantage of the eBay 15% off coupon and got mine for just under $200 shipped.

He's really, really nice in person. Though I think his pants seem a little on the cheap side.

I can't imagine I'll display him with the helmet on, as the helmet doesn't go well with the TLJ outfit like it does with the TFA outfit in my opinion.

He looks amazing though and the nice subtle changes to the saber between versions is appreciated.

Like many others I took advantage of the eBay 15% off coupon and got mine for just under $200 shipped.

He's really, really nice in person. Though I think his pants seem a little on the cheap side.

I can't imagine I'll display him with the helmet on, as the helmet doesn't go well with the TLJ outfit like it does with the TFA outfit in my opinion.

He looks amazing though and the nice subtle changes to the saber between versions is appreciated.

I threw the TFA pants on over the current pants, looks much better, fills his legs out a bit more as they looked too scrawny to me and I was getting an Ichabod Crane vibe from the figure. Is the saber different structurally or just some paint differences? I failed to notice or look closely.

Curious, did our friend here ship to you ever?

Yep he did! I havent received it yet, he sent it first class. But tracking shows it’s close now, I think it’ll show up today or tomorrow. Just waiting for another ebay coupon to pop up, and I’ll probably nab Kylo from him as well.

I did notice he got some more positive feedbacks too.

Yep he did! I havent received it yet, he sent it first class. But tracking shows it’s close now, I think it’ll show up today or tomorrow. Just waiting for another ebay coupon to pop up, and I’ll probably nab Kylo from him as well.

Thanks for the update! I appreciate it. Yeah I just saw those - that's promising. He's in the same state as me, so he could be a potential go to for me in the future. Now I will say I'm very very interested in how on Earth he sent that first class. The emperor is less than a pound?!

It's weird to think that he has no idea that future sales from multiple people are riding on this one, and he has no idea we're discussing it haha.

Thanks for the update! I appreciate it. Yeah I just saw those - that's promising. He's in the same state as me, so he could be a potential go to for me in the future. Now I will say I'm very very interested in how on Earth he sent that first class. The emperor is less than a pound?!

It's weird to think that he has no idea that future sales from multiple people are riding on this one, and he has no idea we're discussing it haha.

haha right?? I wonder if he would have sent it priority if I mentioned that this is a “test buy”?

All good though, as long as it’s well packed, I dont mind slower shipping. I cant expect premium shipping when its free.

You can't ship an item that big first class. But maybe that's just listed in error and it was sent standard postal mail or parcel. See DioramaMaker just covered this.

You can't ship an item that big first class. But maybe that's just listed in error and it was sent standard postal mail or parcel. See DioramaMaker just covered this.

Oh yeah, you guys are right! I havent tried to ship any method aside from priority in so long, I forgot lol. It does say “first class package” though, which I’m not familiar with at all. Maybe its a newer service?

There is transit details in tracking though, so I guess I’ll find out soon enough!

0c47d77f34a64f650e197e4a81e8690e.png

8fb9e090bf5ee7b985707930dc66804d.png

Just how he listed on eBay but the post office probably made him ship some other fashion. Anyhow, I ended up digging out the TFA saber to compare. I think I prefer that one to the new TLJ saber. Also a shot of my Kylo with TFA boots, pants, and hands on.

kylosaber-01.jpg
kylosabers-02.jpg
kylo-boots-01.jpg
kyloboots-02.jpg
kylo-01.jpg
kylo-02.jpg

The middle blade of the new one looks more red, while the side blades on the old one look better than the side blades on the new IMO lol

Just how he listed on eBay but the post office probably made him ship some other fashion. Anyhow, I ended up digging out the TFA saber to compare. I think I prefer that one to the new TLJ saber. Also a shot of my Kylo with TFA boots, pants, and hands on.

View attachment 437076
View attachment 437077
View attachment 437078
View attachment 437079
View attachment 437080
View attachment 437081

The TFA boots & gloves look nice on TLJ Kylo there for sure! Which saber in that pic is TFA? If I had to pick, I would go with the cleaner looking one on the left. But Im just going by the hilt as I never really display 1/6 saber blades on the figures.

The TFA boots & gloves look nice on TLJ Kylo there for sure! Which saber in that pic is TFA? If I had to pick, I would go with the cleaner looking one on the left. But Im just going by the hilt as I never really display 1/6 saber blades on the figures.

That was TLJ on left (which has richer red blades) and the TFA on right. I like the more nuanced TFA hilt, which has sharper paint apps on that little section with the two screws. But then on the vents the TLJ version has more detail. I'm just gonna keep the TLJ version as I'm selling off the rest of the TFA parts and I'd rather keep the new figure intact.

The main issue I have with the new boots are just those super thick soles that don't look in scale. Otherwise they're fine, they're taller and glossy which might be accurate, I'm not sure.

View attachment 437076
View attachment 437077
View attachment 437078
View attachment 437079
View attachment 437080
View attachment 437081

Not a fan of the film itself but I must say this is one of the best looking SW figures to come out this year IMO.

Back