1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really, I’m glad they got rid of it. We can actually see the emotions in his face now and really get to know him instead of a wannabe Vader

Without the Hemet he lost any cool factor. Glad we a least got the helmet in one movie.

I'm in the camp that feel it's just "cheap" when movies make characters remove masks. They should've went with a middle ground where he puts it back on instead of just destroying it.

Vader never took his off except for his last minute on-screen and nobody was ever confused with what his emotions ever were.

Also, that first scene with him interacting with the burned Vader mask was done beautifully and there was no confusion as to how torn he was. So I don't get the whole "no helmet=shows emotion" argument.

With that said, I plan on keeping his helmet on 100% of the time.

His intimate scenes with Rey in TLJ would have been pretty weird with his mask on.

I would have loved to see Kylo's FA mask be put on Vader in Ep 3 as a 1.0 version before he dawned what we know today. Would have been cool to see different incarnations. In my View Vader entire uniform is a emergency Burn unit outfit used for healing. They would be many Vader like outfits walking around the "high end" burn victims ward!!

DpyM0BoU8AAsSth.jpg

DpyM0BtVsAAGs9n.jpg

DpyM0BiVsAIbiHf.jpg

DpyM0BkUUAAxP_V.jpg

I'm in the camp that feel it's just "cheap" when movies make characters remove masks. They should've went with a middle ground where he puts it back on instead of just destroying it.

Vader never took his off except for his last minute on-screen and nobody was ever confused with what his emotions ever were.

Also, that first scene with him interacting with the burned Vader mask was done beautifully and there was no confusion as to how torn he was. So I don't get the whole "no helmet=shows emotion" argument.

Which camp is that? It’s a very restricted camp I’d say [emoji23]
I’m in some other camp that would display him without the helmet, though the helmet looks good.

I think it was a choice by Rian Johnson to show that he's growing beyond his desire to be Darth Vader. Keeps up with the line he says "Let the past die, kill it if you have to". He's growing past the boy playing Vader.

Production HS looks good. Great from certain angles. Doesn't look like they tweaked the prototype though.

Apart from mask, I did not like TLJ outfit. In fact, I realized that I didn't enjoy most of the TLJ designs. I would prefer a HS for TFA figüre.

While I'm still getting this guy, those pics are exactly the reason why I prefer helmets over facesculpts. That expression just looks so dead to me, especially in those poses.

Back