1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't like these or the FO troops in general. But if I think about the Star Wars Legacy comics it seems to have maybe drawn inspiriation from there as well as the films. Also TCW tv show had some interesting designs for Republic officers on Coruscant.

Looks more like Game of Thrones than Star Wars to me.

I thought there were echoes of that, especially in how this figure is posed with the guards.
GoT is very popular and topical currently so it is not too suprising that they would take aspects from it.

This does look a very competent figure. I just have very little interest having purchased TFA version and preferring that look to this.

Just a dorky mistake, methinks

I get that it's interesting to see what the Disney bureaucrats imagine the future chronology of Star Wars looks like, and how they can maximise merchandising profits from variations and changes, which is something that Lucasfilm saw the potential of in the 1980s.

But so far, the design choices for Episodes VII and VII have made it easy to dismiss the Sequel Trilogy entirely in terms of collectability (and also canonically from my own perspective).

With so many Star Wars films on the way it helps to concentrate the mind on figures that fit the OT style (even if the Rogue One troopers are an aberration). After all, I wouldn't want my collection to get out of hand or anything. :lol

21458131_10154847502832344_3997686665592196798_o.jpg

Yes, I´ve allways wanted a MAX LANDIS figure

Screenshot_6.jpg

I get that it's interesting to see what the Disney bureaucrats imagine the future chronology of Star Wars looks like, and how they can maximise merchandising profits from variations and changes, which is something that Lucasfilm saw the potential of in the 1980s.

But so far, the design choices for Episodes VII and VII have made it easy to dismiss the Sequel Trilogy entirely in terms of collectability (and also canonically from my own perspective).

With so many Star Wars films on the way it helps to concentrate the mind on figures that fit the OT style (even if the Rogue One troopers are an aberration). After all, I wouldn't want my collection to get out of hand or anything. :lol

I agree Kuat. Luckily for me most of this is fun to look at and talk about but thankfully I have no huge desire to get any of them from the new film.

Maybe once I've seen the film this may change, but essentially OT and a couple of Sequel basic characters are fine for me and my wallet :)

My hype level for the new trilogy is quite low so this is an easy pass, but i can see that for somebody else this a must. Cape is ugly and they reused hands, but sculpt is nice. Overall decent i think.

Looks okay. Something about the sculpt seems weird, but I can't put my finger on it. His cloak is definitely too thick.

Also, shouldn't his saber be through the floor if he were resting on it like this? :lol

21314474_10154847502677344_8849188841185575509_n.jpg

21317644_10154847502702344_8926909976294097207_n.jpg

EDIT: Just saw someone beat me to pointing that out. :lol

I think it looks good but it's not an instant pre-order for me. I'd like to get the first version of him to go with my other figures from The Force Awakens and maybe this one down the line. I think overall it's a nice figure. Head sculpt looks good and the outfit is nice. The guards look good to me too. Designs change and not everything is going to be the same as what was in the Original Trilogy.

My favorite part of HT reveals now is getting to watch grown(?) men debate what is scientifically accurate from a god damn promotion image of a collectible and wax poetic on what is or isin't cannon.

I also enjoy the grown(?) man who was already furious typing up a rebuttal in a fit of indignation as they read this.

I've never been a fan of his helmet, I thought they would redesign it, seeing as it fell in that pit. Also, I wonder if they will release different versions of the lobsters or just one with multiple heads. Maybe a two-pack?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back