1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just waiting for Christmas day should be receiving a sideshow gift card. That and my rewards will make me jump on the deluxe version.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'm about to buy this and the Imperial disguise version using reward points, some one talk me out of it! Are these figures really as good as they look in pictures?

Make sure you add $3 to your points now !

Claim this code....MERRYXMAS17

Be quick, not sure how long it lasts

Wasn't quick enough, do appreciate the heads up tho!

No problem. There is a "Non banter" thread dedicated to just codes when they arrive. I subscribed to that, and have it set in the "settings" to receive an email when a post is posted there. Then on my phone it's set up to make a sound when i get an email from that account.

Works pretty well actually.

I'm about to buy this and the Imperial disguise version using reward points, some one talk me out of it! Are these figures really as good as they look in pictures?
That poncho is amazing, too!
7e5c84772e1639f1d1a5b68a908a79ba.jpg
d4983bd16c4e5aa5ef364a6d3ceb54ff.jpg
40891f91fc4c3d65eebc4aad2ac353d7.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

I wouldn't say I'm a huge Rogue One fan, but Jyn (esp Deluxe), Chirrut, and K-2SO are all amazing figures and make for a great display together. Even the boxes are special. I guess someone at Hot Toys is a big fan?

I wouldn't say I'm a huge Rogue One fan, but Jyn (esp Deluxe), Chirrut, and K-2SO are all amazing figures and make for a great display together. Even the boxes are special. I guess someone at Hot Toys is a big fan?

I really hope so ! I think the deluxe boxes are the best I've seen. GotG Vol 2 boxes still come a close second though.

Also the fact they've gone to the extent of standard and deluxe for the main characters. The possible looks and accessories for Jyn are awesome compared to other figures.

I can only speak for the deluxe version since I already have it. My recommendation is to buy it without hesitation. It looks really great in person and has a lot of accessories to help you recreate different looks.

Although I don't have the imperial disguise version, I think it's a good buy too. I doubt that Hot Toys will release more Jyn Erso figures in the future so now is your chance to get it before it sells out and prices go up.

I was playing around with my lighting last night. I have lighting from above, but was seeing what effect additional lighting from below has. While the clothing etc was better lit, the faces (in particular Jyn) looked totally different. I was shocked that there was so much difference.

Turning that bottom light on and off was like showing 2 totally different Jyn's. Amazing ! So just shows how there can be so much difference in photos, depending on camera flash brightness, angle of photo, glass sheet between etc etc.

I was playing around with my lighting last night. I have lighting from above, but was seeing what effect additional lighting from below has. While the clothing etc was better lit, the faces (in particular Jyn) looked totally different. I was shocked that there was so much difference.

Turning that bottom light on and off was like showing 2 totally different Jyn's. Amazing ! So just shows how there can be so much difference in photos, depending on camera flash brightness, angle of photo, glass sheet between etc etc.

Thanks for sharing your observation. If you have time, it will be much appreciated if you can share some pictures with the different types of lighting that you mentioned. I am curious to see the different effects of various lighting angles. I guess that good lighting can show the details better, which leads to a greater appreciation of the figure.

Thanks for sharing your observation. If you have time, it will be much appreciated if you can share some pictures with the different types of lighting that you mentioned. I am curious to see the different effects of various lighting angles. I guess that good lighting can show the details better, which leads to a greater appreciation of the figure.

OK, will try next time. However essentially the figures look best when light falls from above i.e normal real world direction. The shadows cast from eyes and nose just look great (and natural I guess). With lighting from below (or even straight ahead) all the shadows don't exist any more and you are left with a totally different (unrealistic) look.

Just take the Wonder Woman pic right at the top here in the Sideshow Freaks header. There are graduations of light and shadow over her face. That's what I mean. Looks far better than a shot with a camera-flash and lighting straight on the face.

I just bit the bullet and ordered the Deluxe Jyn for a good deal from Midtown Comics.

Already have the Disguise Jyn but I feel that I need this one in the collection as well.

With my discontent with TLJ and knowing that I won't be investing in any figures from that film, I can double-back and use the available funds on these.

They are better! Heck even the packaging for the Deluxe Jyn is gorgeous! I’m surprised I haven’t seen many people mention it. This is one of the best figures this year imo.

Makes sense. This guy posted an 'Outdoor Light Review' on Youtube, and it was the review that made me feel confident on my purchase.

The sun's light is always the best light (and it is a lightsource from above... hint hint ;) )

i prefer the Han Solo looks so is the additional $30 worth it for the Deluxe over the standard version?

these Star War 1/6 prices has gone up close to x2 what Hot Toys used to be.

i prefer the Han Solo looks so is the additional $30 worth it for the Deluxe over the standard version?

these Star War 1/6 prices has gone up close to x2 what Hot Toys used to be.
But this figure is so worth it! It has so many extra accesories.

Back