1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, in its most base argument, my problem with it is that for any Star Wars fan to throw around "Mary Sue" around at a Star Wars protagonist, whether it's Rey or Jyn, is lazy and rooted in stupid gender politics. Why?

Because Luke was the the original "Mary Sue" or "Marty Stus" and I never hear that argument made.

Yeah it's my first post and I called bulk***** on somebody. Doesn't make my point any less valid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not your point, no. But it doesn't look so good to use post number one to criticize an established forum member.

[Read in Alec Guiness voice:] Come, let me get you something. :)

Not your point, no. But it doesn't look so good to use post number one to criticize an established forum member.

[Read in Alec Guiness voice:] Come, let me get you something. :)

I think I know what my point was. But nice try.

I thought the point of a forum was for discussion? I guess here you have to have X amount of posts to make a valid point.

Gotta ya, loud a clear. Yawn

Yeah people have discussions in here all the time, but we just try to be nicer and a lot less rude about it. :)

And for what it's worth, I agree about the whole Mary Sue thing. Male characters have been doing all kinds of incredible, unrealistic things for years in action movies and no one ever says a thing, so not sure why a female character shouldn't be given that same lattitude.

I think I know what my point was. But nice try.

I thought the point of a forum was for discussion? I guess here you have to have X amount of posts to make a valid point.

Gotta ya, loud a clear. Yawn

Did you just get banned and make another account?

It just seems weird that you created an account just to be an ******* and not actually contribute. Worgar's premise is 100% dead on. No one here is faulting you for being ignorant, thats okay :wink1: ...but being an ignorant ******* on your first day is a little much. :lecture

This figure is exactly what I'm hoping for, really hope it ships looking like this. Side bar, I'm really not impressed with the R.O stands, feel bad for anyone who uses the stickers, I have a bad feeling you'll be peeling pieces of it off your figures feet in a couple years.

I just wonder...

...if the lack of booty is modelled on Felicity, too. Or if its so difficult to give a 1/6 figure buttocks.

It was a dirty job, but I was willing to step and search for photos of Felicity's derrière...

d4b280d7a72c2519d181bfad3c8de1fe.jpg

Sure, in its most base argument, my problem with it is that for any Star Wars fan to throw around "Mary Sue" around at a Star Wars protagonist, whether it's Rey or Jyn, is lazy and rooted in stupid gender politics. Why?

Because Luke was the the original "Mary Sue" or "Marty Stus" and I never hear that argument made.

Yeah it's my first post and I called bulk***** on somebody. Doesn't make my point any less valid.

Good god, my "Mary Sue" comment was a joke. Just being sassy. I appreciate all the support from members but I wasn't being serious. I agree its a silly term... but to be so defensive of it is equally silly.

And welcome to the boards.... or should I say welcome back?

It was a dirty job, but I was willing to step and search for photos of Felicity's derrière...

d4b280d7a72c2519d181bfad3c8de1fe.jpg

Your bravery is appreciated sir! :)
Yeah...she does have a bit of junk in the trunk. Guess we'll have to do a little booty padding to the figure.

Great photos 2little. Interesting shot from behind Jynn. Love the wire in the scarf thing to create a better look. That metal riot control batton also looks interesting. That must be what she uses on the Stormtrooper in the movie trailer.

If Jyn is a " Mary Sue " maybe only on knowledge and possibly weapons handling. No force powers or light sabers , so I would say she's way out of Rey's league.

Does Jyn even know how to pilot.

I don't get how people think she's a Mary Sue :dunno

Probably more like Leia

If Jyn is a " Mary Sue " maybe only on knowledge and possibly weapons handling. No force powers or light sabers , so I would say she's way out of Rey's league.

Does Jyn even know how to pilot.

I don't get how people think she's a Mary Sue :dunno

Probably more like Leia

It's the cool thing to do to label any female heroine a Mary Sue these days. Sometimes it's warranted, sometimes not. In this case, I think it's unfair since the movie isn't even out yet.

It's the cool thing to do to label any female heroine a Mary Sue these days. Sometimes it's warranted, sometimes not. In this case, I think it's unfair since the movie isn't even out yet.

Also the trailer gives you a fair amount of context for her combat abilities, she has a long criminal history and has been fighting the empire for a while.

:exactly: I just hate the word..that's right Hate. When I hear that name I think of some dumb blonde hillbilly not a role model empowered woman for girls to look up too. Wish they would make another label for the term :pfft:

Have no clue why that moronic term ever got popular in the SW universe

There doesn't seem to be any definitive images to confirm peachyness.

d9a76b3c07842e2b44222761a5ef7184.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I got the feeling she's more of a Han type character. She's not a Rebel (at first) or an Imperial, she's out for what's best for her. And I think it would be a nice change of pace if she breaks the typical mold and actually ends up turning evil by the end.

I got the feeling she's more of a Han type character. She's not a Rebel (at first) or an Imperial, she's out for what's best for her. And I think it would be a nice change of pace if she breaks the typical mold and actually ends up turning evil by the end.

Yeah from the gear, she definitely reminds me of Han. But yeah that would be a great twist that she turns on the Rebels in the end. That would be a great surprise

Back