1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. Work just got a big 3D-printer a couple months ago - I think I'll ask the engineers if they could create some for me. My Robo doesn't come in 'til Monday but is it just the shoulder joints that are prone to breaking or does the neck and hip joint also subjected to breakage?

Shoulders and crotch ball joints are the most vulnerable as they bear a lot of weight. The neck uses the same joint but I don't think that would be an issue (although as I mentioned, mine came off once).

I wouldn't say they're "prone to breaking" per se, it's just that I'd be extremely mindful posing him as they're not built to last. It's not like everyone who had the previous release all had broken joints so as long as you're aware of the fragile joints, you should be fine with some care.

How long did it take the originals to break? Its just speculation at this point that this version will suffer the same.

How long did it take the originals to break? Its just speculation at this point that this version will suffer the same.
Fact is that it's not widespread enough that you have posts about it so often ala say, the BvS Batman flaking issue, Terminator belt issue etc. Fact also is that the joints are just not strong enough to endure prolonged stress of holding those diecast limbs so who knows.

I have had three JL Superman figs with clear plastic joints on the ankles, like robocops joints, and they all cracked somewhere at some point. Fortunately it was pretty easy to replace those with standard black plastic ankle joints. I’m not sure how I would repair Robocop’s given they’re in the torso and a replacement isn’t easily available.

Fact is that it's not widespread enough that you have posts about it so often ala say, the BvS Batman flaking issue, Terminator belt issue etc. Fact also is that the joints are just not strong enough to endure prolonged stress of holding those diecast limbs so who knows.
So museum pose when on shelf?

The original 2014 Robocop my joints never broke and I had mine seven years plus had it in loads of different positions.
Yeah I should mention that those clear ankle sockets in the Superman figures were much smaller than Robocops shoulder and neck socket, so were probably more fragile because of it. I’m hoping Robo’s hold out better. I might even sand down the ball connection a hair just to relieve some of the pressure on the socket.

Still waiting on sideshow to get some of these in stock. I've never done waitlist with sideshow, are the chances good of changing to an order anytime soon? The prices for this on ebay are already almost $500.

Still waiting on sideshow to get some of these in stock. I've never done waitlist with sideshow, are the chances good of changing to an order anytime soon? The prices for this on ebay are already almost $500.
Normally I've had quite a few waitlist get converted. I'm unsure about how Robocop will be tho. A lot of ppl are likely on that list if I had to guess.

It's a very popular figure, even today. Just as it's original release was years ago. I paid like $408 after $10 or so in rewards towards it. It could have been $500 and I'd have still bought it.

Just one of those few characters that I had to have with no regard to price. Doesn't happen often with me.

Well i caved. Paid $483 on ebay to get me one now. I would have saved like $76 buying through sideshow with reward points. My credit card is not liking me right now though lol. I just hope i don't get a lemon. :pray:

Last edited:
The original 2014 Robocop my joints never broke and I had mine seven years plus had it in loads of different positions.
Yep, I my MMS202 has been on the shelf since 2014 with no issues. While I don't repose it regularly, I'm sure on average it's been reposed once or twice a year since then. It's a concern, but I don't let it ruin the piece for me.

He's a really photogenic figure. Especially based on whatever kind of lighting you've got across the other side off the room. It just blasts of him with a small yet noticeable detail. I really enjoy this fig.

20231024_172035_1_1.jpg

It’s not that hard to find this guy online, managed to grab the last stock from Alter Ego Comics yesterday, coming in tomorrow. Can’t wait!

Bigbadtoystore opened up a few preorder slots couple days ago too. Just keep looking and don’t cave in on the resell prices.

It’s not that hard to find this guy online, managed to grab the last stock from Alter Ego Comics yesterday, coming in tomorrow. Can’t wait!

Bigbadtoystore opened up a few preorder slots couple days ago too. Just keep looking and don’t cave in on the resell prices.
If this comment was to me, it's already too late as i caved. I still see it sold out and wait listed everywhere i shop online. I just hope this figure impresses me when i get it in hand. Should be here next week. I bought from a authorized sideshow retailer at least and not just some scummy ebay scalper.

I bought from a authorized sideshow retailer at least and not just some scummy ebay scalper.
That should give you some peace of mind at least. I have had him on my desk since I got him and often stop working to look at him for a while. Even tho I have Mando Luke and Arnold T800 on the other side, hes the one I stare at the most

If this comment was to me, it's already too late as i caved. I still see it sold out and wait listed everywhere i shop online. I just hope this figure impresses me when i get it in hand. Should be here next week. I bought from a authorized sideshow retailer at least and not just some scummy ebay scalper.

Not at all, the comment was for anyone reading. A hundred bucks over retail isn’t the worst so good thing you’re getting it now before the value goes higher down the road. Enjoy Murphy!!

received it today.

the paint is major improvement over the original which i also owned but sold.

the blue/purple hues is really much more prominent in real life than what cameras can capture. so for those on the fence based on photo reviews, i'd say go for it if you don't have the OG.

20231026_165546.jpg

the enterbay paint is actually way better than the original HT chrome, but not as good as the most recent paint.

Rubber is joint. I have had it since first release over 10 years and zero issue.

I actually like the EB the most- the sculpt and proportion look the best to me. The HT hip/thigh is bit too thin imo.

Back