1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stock and custom

I have painted mine haven’t finished yet gotta tone black down and do more purple and blue hue on the back.
It looks easy but It is very hard to do…as taken me a few days and hours never again it was a pain.
Got to do glossy varnish as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0290.jpeg
    IMG_0290.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0293.jpeg
    IMG_0293.jpeg
  • IMG_0295.jpeg
    IMG_0295.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0296.jpeg
    IMG_0296.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0299.jpeg
    IMG_0299.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0300.jpeg
    IMG_0300.jpeg
  • IMG_0301.jpeg
    IMG_0301.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0302.jpeg
    IMG_0302.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0303.jpeg
    IMG_0303.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0304.jpeg
    IMG_0304.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Stock and custom

I have painted mine haven’t finished yet gotta tone black down and do more purple and blue hue on the back.
It is very hard to do as taken me a few days and hours never again it was a pain.
Got to do glossy varnish as well.
If you dont mind my asking, Is the base paint on your custom Robocop the factory hot toys paint or did you repaint the entire figure with a different metallic paint?

I bought a clean chest plate on ebay the other day and will experiment with that to help me decide how to approach customizing my robocop.

If you dont mind my asking, Is the base paint on your custom Robocop the factory hot toys paint or did you repaint the entire figure with a different metallic paint?

I bought a clean chest plate on ebay the other day and will experiment with that to help me decide how to approach customizing my

I bought a clean chest plate on ebay the other day and will experiment with that to help me decide how to approach customizing my robocop.

Yes factory, I added Vallejo Model Color Paints - Bottles Acrylic tons of it air brushed it on different silvers and blue

Yes factory, I added Vallejo Model Color Paints - Bottles Acrylic tons of it air brushed it on different silvers and blue

Gotcha. Thanks for that Info. I plan on just using alclad transparent and hot metal paints. I'm definitely nervous because i know it won't be easy but at the same time I'm excited to give it a shot.

Got my dhl tax invoice £80.
So all in from sideshow with shipping & tax I paid £425 or $520
It’s been a while since I bought from sideshow but **** that seems excessive.
Il stick to buying direct on release from Hong Kong, it’s cheaper

Mine just shipped today also and shows to be delivered on Friday. Didn't expect to get it so soon. Now I'll be able to repaint my original Robocop sooner rather than later, hopefully over the upcoming weekend.🤘

Got my dhl tax invoice £80.
So all in from sideshow with shipping & tax I paid £425 or $520
It’s been a while since I bought from sideshow but **** that seems excessive.
Il stick to buying direct on release from Hong Kong, it’s cheaper
The reason why I stopped buying from SS. Mine came today after 16 days from OSK (thanks to Kit for keeping me calm as I got worried a bit) for a total of $450. I would have paid way more, probably EUR550 from SS due to import duty/tax/vat.
This is my first Robocop and I love it, however, it is nowhere near the promo shots paint-wise. I knew what I was getting from the reviews, but still. Honestly, HT went cheap and just cash-grab. No weathering on the gun attachment at all - just one solid black plastic.

Now a question to those that have the OG - how is the rubber for the elbows and knees holding up and did you do some maintenance like using 303 and the like?

Now a question to those that have the OG - how is the rubber for the elbows and knees holding up and did you do some maintenance like using 303 and the like?
I’ve had the OG diecast since 2019, and the rubber parts on the arms are still holding up so far. I never even look at the back of the knees and I never will so I’m sure they are as good as the arms. I haven’t done any treatment to them. I used to do 303 to my pleather but I haven’t done so in a few years because I don’t care anymore, if hot toys wants to use cheap crap that falls apart then I’ll let it fall apart.

Got EX Robocop today. Color of paint is much better in person.
Yeah i know everyone says “it’s better in hand” but this paintwork actually is much better than any photos Iv seen & it doesn’t come through very well in my own photos either.
After initial disappointment when it released I can say having it now, I really like it.
It’s a b*tch to pose tho

Attachments

• IMG_1875.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Back