1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These pics are all so confusing. Looks like overall it is still the same silver base coat, just with more blue & purple highlights? I wonder how difficult it would be to get the R1 BD helmet repainted to match the new version?

More in-hand pictures. Back to looking like Chromocop.

1sP00Ut.jpg

cA7ndTg.jpg

snip-snap-the-office.gif

Just got mine…really quick pictures.
This is it in direct sunlight outside and few in the house pics
It’s miles better that the 2014 chromocop silver but it as still got a tinge of chrome in the colour.
It looks like in real life that Robocop as just come out of the factory he so fresh

Attachments

• IMG_0093.jpeg
    IMG_0093.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0094.jpeg
    IMG_0094.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0095.jpeg
    IMG_0095.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0096.jpeg
    IMG_0096.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0097.jpeg
    IMG_0097.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0098.jpeg
    IMG_0098.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
So about those clear plastic cups that house the ball joints, won't those easily break over time as well?

So about those clear plastic cups that house the ball joints, won't those easily break over time as well?
It's been a known issue with the first release along with the rubber elbow and knees that crack/rip apart. They just didn't bother to change it like the ED-209 dome cracking.

It's been a known issue with the first release along with the rubber elbow and knees that crack/rip apart. They just didn't bother to change it like the ED-209 dome cracking.

Sigh... I'm not sure I want to keep a PO then if those clear plastic cups will crack easily. Is there a way to easily replace those?

Just got mine…really quick pictures.
This is it in direct sunlight outside and few in the house pics
It’s miles better that the 2014 chromocop silver but it as still got a tinge of chrome in the colour.
It looks like in real life that Robocop as just come out of the factory he so fresh
If it looked like the second image consistently, I would consider picking it up. Just varies too much from looking like this to Chromocop.

470842-IMG-0094.jpeg

Sigh... I'm not sure I want to keep a PO then if those clear plastic cups will crack easily. Is there a way to easily replace those?
As someone who's own 3 of these since launch, I wouldn't say they "crack easily", but I will say they can and most likely will become a serious issue down the line. The plastic sockets are bearing tremendous weight, so much so that I rarely pose my Robos fearing they could fail in one wrong move. It makes little engineering sense to have brittle plastic being under so much stress.

The only long term solution would be 3D printed replacements or casting new ones like this dude did few years back:

More HT brilliant engineering. The joints should be strong and long lasting for a diecast figure. Just common sense due to their increased weight. Their Iron man's are smartly engineered, this should have been too.

More HT brilliant engineering. The joints should be strong and long lasting for a diecast figure. Just common sense due to their increased weight. Their Iron man's are smartly engineered, this should have been too.
Yeah but Iron Man makes them money. Robocop is a forgotten license to them that they pump a half assed figure out every 5-10 years to hold onto the license. Same for Predator and let's not even talk about Terminator.

Back