1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the side by side. I think I'll order and check it out in hand at least
Yes, it's hard to judge the color unless you see the actual product, some may be okay with it and some may want the more blues and purples. However there's no doubt this is still better than the prototypes I saw last year

Awesome! Such a relief to see a side by side post. I think if you missed out on the previous release, this is the way to go.

That said it's still the wrong color though, and as someone who has 3 of them I think the upgrade is not worth it since I'll be trading one wrong color scheme for another.

A quick side by side comparison, It's a bit difficult to capture the actual color and appearance . I was happy with R1, but now I think R3 is way better
My room is a bit bright, so dont trust the photo
hope this helps

View attachment 662132
Ideally, they should have used the same base colour as that battle damaged version and layered the hues on top of that. He should look metallic grey, not silver. I think I'll bite and make a final judgement in hand. Now I gotta see who still has him for a decent price.

Now I don't know what to think? I think the colours for R3 are an improvement, but I don't care for the jetpack or gun arm. I like the sound module for R1, and the BD helmet, but not the paint job. If only R3 came with a BD helmet, I could swap the torsos and have the ultimate Robo.

This is what we should have got IMO…

IMG_5228.jpeg

A quick side by side comparison, It's a bit difficult to capture the actual color and appearance . I was happy with R1, but now I think R3 is way better
hope this helpsView attachment 662131

View attachment 662132
Sold! I think it looks great. Really shows how silver the other releases are.

View attachment 662132
Much, much, much better. Thank you for being the first to do a side-by-side comparison.

You can more easily see how that turns into the Battle Damage figure.

With MMS202 there's just no way. Even with this new release, it still doesn't believably look like the same suit as the Battle Damage figure.
The battle damaged Robocop is dirty and weathered it covers most of it up.

View attachment 662132

Nice, it looks a lot better than the old one. Thanks for the pics. (y)

The battle damaged Robocop is dirty and weathered it covers most of it up.
Dirt and battledamage would not cover all of MMS202's bright silver and gloss black so completely. The figures have totally different paintjobs, simple as that. There is no believable transition between them unless you imagine a scenario that never happened in the movie. In the movie he got shot and knocked around a bit. He didn't become immersed in anything which might completely change the finish of the suit or something.

Dirt and battledamage would not cover all of MMS202's bright silver and gloss black so completely. The figures have totally different paintjobs, simple as that. There is no believable transition between them unless you imagine a scenario that never happened in the movie. In the movie he got shot and knocked around a bit. He didn't become immersed in anything which might completely change the finish of the suit or something.
It not as shiny on the silver or glossy on the black part , but the paint job is still silver and wrong…but it still looked decent with the damage and weathering.

I had my copy sprayed by someone and I did the weathering and did some touch ups on is face.

1st and 2nd pic Stock silver.

Others pics my copy

Attachments

• IMG_7753.jpeg
    IMG_7753.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7756.jpeg
    IMG_7756.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7952.jpeg
    IMG_7952.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7950.jpeg
    IMG_7950.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8507.jpeg
    IMG_8507.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Ok, so the side-by-side show there is indeed a significant improvement here. Obviously it isn't Kevin Ferrer-quality, but we knew that was never going to happen.

Something that I found really helped the overall appearance of my MMS202 was putting it inside an Apextime Chaos Infinite display case. The uniform cool white lighting, being able to control the light distribution, and the mirrors reducing the impact of outside lighting sources really seemed to improved the look of the figure. Did it magically transform it into an accurate appearance? Obviously not, but it did give the silver a more muted, steelier appearance.

After I got the superior Enterbay figure, I had it displayed beside the MMS202, and it made the MMS202 look terrible (the EB paintjob is also no Kevin Ferrer custom, but the base colour is significantly better than the HT). I was tempted to put the MMS202 away entirely, until I moved it into the Chaos case, which just made it look so much better. The only downside is that it made the slight purple on the MMS202 even harder to see than it already was.

Obviously "Buy a $150 USD display case" isn't going to be a great solution for everyone, but if you're a big Robo fan it's an option.

I'm definitely going to be displaying this new one in a Chaos case as well, so I'm hoping I see similar improvements.

Damn the matte finish on the black bits looks better as well. Who did the repaint here?
That looks like a Kevin Ferrer job. And yeah, the satin finish on the black parts is a huge improvement.

The glossy black is of this figure is actually accurate to RoboCop 2 and 3--though I'm sure we would have all preferred the R1 look.

That looks like a Kevin Ferrer job. And yeah, the satin finish on the black parts is a huge improvement.

The glossy black is of this figure is actually accurate to RoboCop 2 and 3--though I'm sure we would have all preferred the R1 look.
Does he have a page or any social media? Wonder if he does commission on that.

Back