1/6 Hot Toys - Prometheus Sixth Scale Figure Preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah like Difabio pointed out, they used their favourite english words again ''soon'' ''future''

Nevertheless it'd be truly ridiculous if they teased people with the prospect of this line yet again only to yet again delay it or drop it completely. So it does seem to me that it'll actually happen. ''Line'' though is probably overly optimistic. 2 figures maybe.
I agree, I think it will happen. I've never doubted that we'd get at least one figure from Hot Toys, but I imagined it would be a situation like this (Avatar) where they make the ingenious idea of waiting two+ years after the film's release before showing anything. :cuckoo:

I think Shaw is all we'll get in this...line. When the sequel finally comes around I think they'll try to release David and/or the engineer from the first film.

I really hope they nail Noomi's likeness. NECA did a fantastic job with it, no reason HT shouldn't be able to.

Really sucks that we didn't get this figure:

toyfairneca-354_1360520711.jpg

I'd be totally stoked if Shaw made it into the DX line, and came with two bodies ala DX Skywalker - either both types of spacesuit, or one spacesuit and one with her Ripley-esqe flight overalls.

That's some kind of dreamworld, of course. One MMS, snuck out between Marvel figures while no one's looking, is what I expect :)

Wow! Neca did a bang on job. Would've preferred getting the neca version to represent Prometheus but hot toys will really knock it out of the park, would be impassable for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking this maybe was put on hold until a sequel has got dropped.I keep getting facebook news of a sequel confirmed for 2016, but the fans are begging for news.So i dont think its true, but it would make sense if they wait until or cancel if not.

yeah i actually thought as well they were keeping it from release til the sequel, just like professor x from xmen first class for the days of future past release.

I agree, I think it will happen. I've never doubted that we'd get at least one figure from Hot Toys, but I imagined it would be a situation like this (Avatar) where they make the ingenious idea of waiting two+ years after the film's release before showing anything. :cuckoo:

I think Shaw is all we'll get in this...line. When the sequel finally comes around I think they'll try to release David and/or the engineer from the first film.

I really hope they nail Noomi's likeness. NECA did a fantastic job with it, no reason HT shouldn't be able to.

NECA and toys R Us did everything wrong and shot themselves in the foot.

The Toys R Us two pack should have had Shaw instead of the Trilboite, so that it would have been the burned Engineer and Shaw... That would have sold like hotcakes.

Then maybe by series 3 they could have released vickers.

I also never understood why they didn't just use David's body to release Shaw, All they would have had to do is make a new head. I Know it wouldn't be screen acurate because of the height and being a male's body, But I don't think it would have made that much of a difference since they were in suits anyways.

I would have gladly paid NECA for a Shaw in David's body, I don't see why they needed to make a new mold since they had one ready. I doubt anyone would have complained about doing this.
NECA and Toys R Us really screwed themselves over so badly it is almost funny

It's impressive just how accurate some 7" NECA sculpts are.

That's actually 12". NECA sculpts most of their prototypes larger so to get more accurate detailing.

I would have gladly paid NECA for a Shaw in David's body, I don't see why they needed to make a new mold since they had one ready.
I doubt anyone would have complained about doing this.

I sure as hell would have.

It's seems we have all had this debate on what we will get from this line a year ago. Now that's funny

The hs looks really good

Yes its nuts NECA didnt do this figure. All the fans of the movie and NECA toys would have wanted this one I think more than any of the other releases. It was a great sculpt of Noomi. Just such a shame :(

The copyright text on that teaser image does say 2014. So it isn't an old image, or something that's gone up by mistake etc etc.. OP may be right on the money.

But "soon" in HT-time can still mean any time from tomorrow until the sun explodes.

The other thing is that the description talks about Alien as having been released 35 years ago, a mark that was reached this year.

Having that said, they're totally pulling an Avatar on this. We got crappy war paint Jake without Neytiri and now we'll get Shaw without the Engineer. But before I cry in a corner I'll be needing more evidence to prove we're getting anything at all.

Prometheus 2 announced , kind of knew it. And weird how the figures are just now being pushed. To excited to hate hot toys values ( aka money)

I liked the movie but not enough to collect anything from it in this scale but I'm curious to see what the Engineer would look like in 1/6 scale.

Back