1/6 Hot Toys - POTC5 - Jack Sparrow Figure (Artisan Edition + Regular) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The standard release also does NOT include the treasure chest, though you might not notice unless you compare stats.

• One (1) treasure chest (openable)*
  • Specially designed pirate-themed diorama base with translucent ocean water effect, and parts of a ship*
* Exclusive the Deluxe Version
I know there is a 0% chance of it, but I would love if they put some 1/6 Aztec coins in the chest from COTBP

The standard release also does NOT include the treasure chest, though you might not notice unless you compare stats.

• One (1) treasure chest (openable)*
  • Specially designed pirate-themed diorama base with translucent ocean water effect, and parts of a ship*
* Exclusive the Deluxe Version
Yep. Standard comes with the wheel but only the diamond shaped display stand rather than the dio and treasure chest. Love the way they did the nameplate though. Better than the one on the DX15 dio

IMG_1669.jpeg

Honest answer guys - thinking of selling my DX06 to help pay for this,
what would you lot say is a decent price for it?
I dont want to rip people off but I do want to raise enough to put a dent in the price of buying the new figure, so I would like to know what fellow collectors think is genuinely fair as a price, as I know eBay can be a mixed bag in determining after-market prices.
Figure is in perfect condition, not a thing wrong with it and no signs of age.
Would adding the DX15 zombie-shark diorama to the lot make a significant difference in price do you think? [i bought it separately a while back]
Easiest thing to do is go to eBay and filter by “sold items” to see what it’s going for and what ppl are paying for ones that are similar condition to yours. That’s what I always do when I’m about to sell an item

Last edited:
Yeah I find it hard to believe a piece of cloth for the bandana and some wooly dreadlocks being $165 more :unsure:

If I'm in a generous mood, I can say that wool dreadlocks probably aren't easy to pull off, and the limited edition size merits a bit of a premium... but yeah, in terms of visual impact, the gap between sculpted (really, mixed) and rooted has never been shorter, IMO. I didn't mind paying more for Artisan Joker; I don't see it here, certainly not that much more.

At these prices, they honestly should've kept the diorama exclusive to Artisan, given just the steering wheel to Deluxe, and had the Standard come with just the black DX base -- although I'm certainly glad they didn't.

The whole DX thing is so impotent at this point. They just toss that label indiscriminately it seems now. Some regular figures have the rolling eyes, only some are DX.

I think maybe the chest should have been an Artisan specific thing. They don't even show the chest in their photo that displays all the key aspects of the set, so no one would even miss it. That, or give the Artisan that RUM JUG.

I definitely saw the $100 difference between Artisan and Deluxe... but I don't see a $165 difference. Not unless the Deluxe had all-molded hair.

I'm one of the weirdos who also thinks the DX06 never had that good of a likeness to Depp, at that time I even preferred the Medicom/Enterbay head to the DX06, it still wasn't perfect by any means but it looked more realistic to me, had a cloth bandana and what I believe to be the best 1/6 hat for Jack.

The DX06 faces look like Jack Sparrow sure, but more of a stylized, cartoony version, not that realistic.

I think the neutral face plate on this new Jack is very reminiscent of the DX06 for that reason, especially the lips, it's sort of a younger, stylized version of Jack Sparrow with less wrinkles.

So yeah I'm really glad I didn't cave in and pay like $600 or more than that for a second hand DX15, because while I think the serious sculpt on that is good and looks like Depp, it just doesn't capture Jack to me, he needs that trademark smile or grin and Hot Toys captured it perfectly with this new smiling face plate, it's unmistakably an older Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow, not just Jack or Johnny.

Nah man, you’re not a weirdo if you didn’t vibe with the Dx06. I didn’t either. I bought it when it came out back then because it was a HT product and was too blinded by the HT logo and shininess of “A NEW HT DX FIGURE” to see that both the neutral and smiling portraits looked nothing like Depp to my eyes. Some people swear by it, but I just can’t, no matter the angle, squint or filter.

Then came along this:

IMG_1736.png

IMG_1737.png

IMG_1740.png

IMG_1741.png

IMG_1742.png

IMG_1744.png

IMG_1746.png

Taken from my review, where I also mentioned that the neutral sculpt has a great Depp likeness, however it was way too serious for the character.

If anyone that owns the DX15 and missed out on this new artisan version…IMO, don’t feel bad about it. The DX15 is still a phenomenal figure. I hate HT, but I will praise and acknowledge quality when I see and feel it.

The neutral sculpt on this new sparrow figure echoes too much of the DX06…and the smiling portrait isn’t THAT MUCH of an ‘improvement’ from the DX15 IMO-In My Opinion (in case some get upset with my thoughts😅)

In any event, congrats to those that snagged it. If your collection was missing a Sparrow and you were on the market for one, can’t go wrong with the artisan version.

Just curious, for those saying they got texts yesterday about the sideshow preorder queue time, how does that work? I register for RSVP but it only notifies via email... I get my emails on my phone so that sort of like text but not a text. Also SS says SMS notify coming soon but does anyone already have this working?

The whole DX thing is so impotent at this point. They just toss that label indiscriminately it seems now. Some regular figures have the rolling eyes, only some are DX.

I think maybe the chest should have been an Artisan specific thing. They don't even show the chest in their photo that displays all the key aspects of the set, so no one would even miss it. That, or give the Artisan that RUM JUG.

I definitely saw the $100 difference between Artisan and Deluxe... but I don't see a $165 difference. Not unless the Deluxe had all-molded hair.
For the younglings here (myself included) how did the DX line come about? What were some of the things that separated these "deluxe" figures from the standard releases all those years ago?

I was looking at the promo images of Jack and noticed HT made the shirt collar smaller then it needs to be. Hope they fix that at least.

Just curious, for those saying they got texts yesterday about the sideshow preorder queue time, how does that work? I register for RSVP but it only notifies via email... I get my emails on my phone so that sort of like text but not a text. Also SS says SMS notify coming soon but does anyone already have this working?
I get the text messages

Log into your Account>Account Settings>Notification Settings>scroll down to “Text Message” and make sure all the boxes are checked, particularly RSVP Product Launches> scroll down and hit “Save Changes”

I get the text messages

Log into your Account>Account Settings>Notification Settings>scroll down to “Text Message” and make sure all the boxes are checked, particularly RSVP Product Launches> scroll down and hit “Save Changes”
Thank you. JC

Whoa, I didn't realize the Deluxe was only $330. That's a great price considering all you get... and makes me wonder why the Artisan was $165 more...?

This was my thinking, it was 413 v 267 dollars and I didn’t see that much of an upgrade with the artisan in this case. And that’s retail prices, the artisan either come with a premium on top of that or join a massive queue.

Are artisan figures given production priority by HT?

Even taking into account the usual delays Oct 2024 - Mar 2025 seems very fast?

Are artisan figures given production priority by HT?

Even taking into account the usual delays Oct 2024 - Mar 2025 seems very fast?
Hard to say. We won’t really know until Anakin and/or Joker are released which both have an ETA of July 2024-Dec 2024. Artisan Wanda has the same ETA as this Jack Sparrow, though, and that went up for PO months ago

Hard to say. We won’t really know until Anakin and/or Joker are released which both have an ETA of July 2024-Dec 2024. Artisan Wanda has the same ETA as this Jack Sparrow, though, and that went up for PO months ago

Guess I’m just pleased to not see a standard ‘year and a half’ expected release date.

As much as I want a Jack Sparrow in my collection, I think this design is too complex/elaborate. I'd much rather have the simpler CotBP design and a mast display stand :)

Back