1/6 Hot Toys - Peacemaker The Series - Peacemaker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta remember reviewers like Justin have promotion deals with retailers for discounted or free figures. Bigger or more well known reviewers with more followers promote sub-par figures as being great to entice sales for whoever their getting their merchandise from.

Ethically, reviewers should be a bit more transparent and upfront about their business arrangements with businesses that sell figures. Some are, some aren't, and some who aren't make it pretty obvious if you read between the lines, even if they don't talk about it.

Which is generally why I don't watch video reviews. Maybe if I need to check something on a figure, but I'd rather get honest feedback from people who have nothing to gain one way or another. Which is why forums like this are still relevant and important for collectors.

I don't begrudge anyone for running a business, because that's what it is and it can be a lot of work. But some aspects of how things are done sometimes, I just don't agree with personally.

Ethically, reviewers should be a bit more transparent and upfront about their business arrangements with businesses that sell figures. Some are, some aren't, and some who aren't make it pretty obvious if you read between the lines, even if they don't talk about it.

Which is generally why I don't watch video reviews. Maybe if I need to check something on a figure, but I'd rather get honest feedback from people who have nothing to gain one way or another. Which is why forums like this are still relevant and important for collectors.

I don't begrudge anyone for running a business, because that's what it is and it can be a lot of work. But some aspects of how things are done sometimes, I just don't agree with personally.

Agree, there is something I just don’t like about video reviews, it all just seems so personality based and monetary (no real shock there) and not about the product itself. I still go to Michael Crawford for reference as it’s all about the figure and he has no problem being constructively critical when appropriate.

Last edited:
Lol this thread turned into a “F Justin” party

Most likely I’ll still be picking this up. I don’t know if I’ll pre order, but I’m going to have to have faith that Hot Toys will fix this. They always do when a prototype gets shat on. They even fixed the Rey sculpt for the movie that no one likes and added a xtra accessories. They can do the same here.

One thing about the Hong Kong stores.

I always stay away from toys wonderland due to their stupid shipping prices and really crummy customer service. I would never recommend them. My beef with Justin’s channel is the live stream where his cronies literally buy stuff online from toys wonderland. Knowing you can get it cheaper somewhere else. That right there shows me that he got them to have some sort of deal with TW. ( I don’t include Lael in the mix, dude is real)

The shipping is already included in the cost for the stores that offer “free shipping”.

for example, the Darkseid figure retails for about 280 or so. Everywhere is selling for 368. That’s the with shipping cost. No such thing as free shipping. But at least those stores provide you with good customer service.

Anyways, I think SST should grow a pair and release their peacemaker.

First seeing this I thought this was cool with the tongue being movable kinda improving on the Harley Quinn sculpt from suicide squad but, this is actually really really bad by hot toys standards. I 100% don't see Cena anywhere in that sculpt and I agree the body is wack definitely gives of "3rd party vibes" absolutely passing on this if that's the way the figure comes out.

I remember back in the day when ESB Leia came out I was searching for reviews and Justin's tiny channel popped up with ESB Leia review barely any views with a Normal none robotic humble collector, now he's beyond obnoxious with his robot voice and over editing/scripting.

Muting his reviews is always a requirement for me but even watching without the audio is annoying because he does these stupid robot scripted moves with his hands.

I catch his streams every once in a while and he's definitely let it all go to his head with the help of his little group of newer collectors who always pats him on the back. "I'm press give me tickets for free to comic con and let me watch spider-man early"

Another big issue for me is he always says he buys everything he gets from Toys wonderland when TW has been known for sending shady emails to average people if they're willing to do that then what would they be willing to do with a 500k+ subscriber shill.

Last edited:
… I’m just happy to see multiple videos showing off figures, both good and bad, so I can see what I like and compare to what I have concerns about. Even complete blind praise has its uses for me, since I take everything with a grain of salt anyway.

Hot Toys would be smart to put out an update confirming they're changing the figure. They did with Endgame Cap and Hulk, and it would help their preorders greatly.

Agree, there is something I just don’t like about video reviews, it all just seems so personality based and monetary (no real shock there) and not about the product itself. I still go to Michael Crawford for reference as it’s all about the figure and he has no problem being constructively critical when appropriate.
You could tell when Michael is brownnoising for figures he got for free just like anyone else though. Easiest ones are Star Ace figures which he'd give their figures similar high ratings that he gave to obviously far superior figures from other companies. He's not exempt from saying a low-par figure is great. I think it just doesn't feel the same when you're reading it vs hearing it.

Lol this thread turned into a “F Justin” party

Most likely I’ll still be picking this up. I don’t know if I’ll pre order, but I’m going to have to have faith that Hot Toys will fix this. They always do when a prototype gets shat on. They even fixed the Rey sculpt for the movie that no one likes and added a xtra accessories. They can do the same here.

One thing about the Hong Kong stores.

I always stay away from toys wonderland due to their stupid shipping prices and really crummy customer service. I would never recommend them. My beef with Justin’s channel is the live stream where his cronies literally buy stuff online from toys wonderland. Knowing you can get it cheaper somewhere else. That right there shows me that he got them to have some sort of deal with TW. ( I don’t include Lael in the mix, dude is real)

The shipping is already included in the cost for the stores that offer “free shipping”.

for example, the Darkseid figure retails for about 280 or so. Everywhere is selling for 368. That’s the with shipping cost. No such thing as free shipping. But at least those stores provide you with good customer service.

Anyways, I think SST should grow a pair and release their peacemaker.
I don't see how they can fix this though, they'd have to redo the entire figure. And I don't see them including two additional heads free of charge either.

You could tell when Michael is brownnoising for figures he got for free just like anyone else though. Easiest ones are Star Ace figures which he'd give their figures similar high ratings that he gave to obviously far superior figures from other companies. He's not exempt from saying a low-par figure is great. I think it just doesn't feel the same when you're reading it vs hearing it.
Very true

Imagine displaying this Peacemaker with the open-mouth laughing Harley (1st movie version) and King Shark.

I just finished watching the Peacemaker show last night. HBO Max only became available here last week, so I when it became available I first watched The Suicide Squad again and then went on to Peacemaker.

I didn't really like the character that much in TSS, but the show really fleshed out his tragic backstory and made him a great character. The show was way better, than I thought it would be.

Hot Toys really did us dirty with this release. It's obvious they pulled this out of the discarded-bin after TSS failed to perform at the box-office and the show turned out to be a great succes.

I'd say we could hope for a better version from a second season, but if sales for this one suck (which they should), I'm not sure we'd even see that. :(

Couldn't be much more bare bones with the accessories, either. I suppose we should feel lucky to be getting Eagley. Vigilante could make an amazing figure, though, even if he only came with a chainsaw and a couple of guns.

Back