1/6 Hot Toys - Peacemaker The Series - Peacemaker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m curious now, what’s he saying?

It’ll be easier if you just watch his most recent live stream and jump to where he talks about the figure. Supposedly he was also getting hammered in the live chat for what he was saying. His logic wasn’t very logical, at least imo.

Basically he said third party companies will help you salvage the figure. Body, head, accessories etc
They should also do a costume set too, then HT’s effort will really shine through!
In all seriousness, this release is such a letdown. The headsculpt is a less than ideal expression for a single sculpt release, the likeness isn’t there, and the body isn’t Cena either. Basically you’re left with the outfit, which in all honesty doesn’t seem too hard to make since it’s not super complex.
This was a big want for me, but as is I’m not all that interested because of how much work I’d have to put in to get it where I want it.

Justin hates how Hot Toys people treat him, yet he will die on the sword of any Hot Toys figure, even this crap figure. The arms are clearly the worst part. No one should pay this price to replace the body and head. Justin can burn through his cash all he wants, but HT can at least give us a decent attempt. Give us two helmets but one mouth piece? Eyes fixed to an extreme side? The tongue makes it the joke that it is. I would have went with seamless arms and took the heat on that.

Justin does have a point that this figure looks like it was from The Suicide Squad poster:

OCR-L-SUICIDESQUAD-0806-02.jpg

I know most people here don’t care for large scale statues, but just looking at the Prime 1 (Blitzway) piece is enough to show how little effort really went into this release.

Yeah the P1 figure nailed it in one go.
View attachment 564772View attachment 564773
We do care,but these statues cost so much, most of us, especially who lives overseas can't afford one. I'd love to have few Witcher ones, but when I calculated total with the additional fees, I'd better buy a fancy car lol Prime 1 sculpt looks amazing tho, Cena 100%. Ppl who advice to get custom parts later and improve HT one makes me smile, you realise that HT figure already costs like 300$? Then buy custom parts for like 200$ so Idk... I just wish Soo Soo or someone else did an entire thing for around 200$,his costume is nothing special, I don't think this is a hard figure to make, as soon as sculpt is good everything else is easy to recreate.

We do care,but these statues cost so much, most of us, especially who lives overseas can't afford one. I'd love to have few Witcher ones, but when I calculated total with the additional fees, I'd better buy a fancy car lol Prime 1 sculpt looks amazing tho, Cena 100%. Ppl who advice to get custom parts later and improve HT one makes me smile, you realise that HT figure already costs like 300$? Then buy custom parts for like 200$ so Idk... I just wish Soo Soo or someone else did an entire thing for around 200$,his costume is nothing special, I don't think this is a hard figure to make, as soon as sculpt is good everything else is easy to recreate.
I think the rumour is that they did do a figure but had yet to show it off. Supposedly once this went up, they decided to scrap it rather then having Hot Toys getting pissed at them.

I mute him most of the time. His voice is like an Aussie Jeff Goldblum on crack.
I kind of gets why he does that voice/fake accent, but any Aussie who hears him would think he is speaking like a w@nker.
That said, he's got almost 500k subscribers, so he's the one laughing to the bank. I much prefer Jedha Patrol.

Justin has a lot of bad takes imo, especially when it comes to the price/value and giving HT a pass for stupid ****.

I shouldn’t have to rely on third parties to make my officially licensed $275 Hot Toys figure passable. Never had to before and I don’t intend on starting now.

So we have to buy new headsculpt(s), a new body and an accessory pack? What’s that going to cost me, another $200? Maybe more? And that’s acceptable? I don’t think so.

Yeah he is definitely a HT apologist now.

HT should be embarrassed by the feedback this had received.

If I worked there I would be pissed off at this morning's meeting discussing the weekend's preorders or lack thereof.

Yeah he is definitely a HT apologist now.

There‘s nothing wrong with being a positive person, but there’s got to be a limit doesn’t there?

His arguments are getting thinner and thinner nowadays. He’s pretty much just used to promote figures and retailers nowadays…….well I guess nothing has really changed since the beginning, but now it’s getting to the stage where muting him is actually a good option.

Justin has a lot of bad takes imo, especially when it comes to the price/value and giving HT a pass for stupid ****.

I shouldn’t have to rely on third parties to make my officially licensed $275 Hot Toys figure passable. Never had to before and I don’t intend on starting now.

So we have to buy new headsculpt(s), a new body and an accessory pack? What’s that going to cost me, another $200? Maybe more? And that’s acceptable? I don’t think so.
Exactly, I can't justify paying 275+ shipping and import fee for what? Like nothing looks good on that figure, even outfit won't fit a bigger body. So if I need to replace entire thing why to buy it at all?Sometimes Justin is delusional... his commentary on this figure was hilarious.

Phoenixblazes

Idk but we need some update asap. If they'll release entire set without body, that gonna work as well. I'm not going to waste 300$ on hot toys outfit which doesn't even look good. I know some people are optimistic and think final figure gonna look better but I don't think so.

Exactly, I can't justify paying 275+ shipping and import fee for what? Like nothing looks good on that figure, even outfit won't fit a bigger body. So if I need to replace entire thing why to buy it at all? Anyone who is making custom clothes gonna make peacemaker outfit for the body you want for way way less. It is nothing special. Sometimes Justin is delusional... his commentary on that figure was hilarious.

Phoenixblazes

Idk but we need some update asap. If they'll release entire set without body, that gonna work as well. I'm not going to waste 300$ on hot toys outfit which doesn't even look good. I know some people are optimistic and thing final figure gonna look better but I don't think so.

Many are just desperate for a Peacemaker figure, so they’ll preorder any figure no matter how bad it is. Heck Justin was pretty much saying it was worth it because it was the only one on the market.

Many are just desperate for a Peacemaker figure, so they’ll preorder any figure no matter how bad it is. Heck Justin was pretty much saying it was worth it because it was the only one on the market.
I truly wanted one too and was watching to that figure for days to like it lol but I just can't. I'm sure something better will show up any day now. There are many unknown third party companies hot toys will never be able to track and sue, so if this is a case we need to wait and see.

I don't think Soosoo sees the whole picture. If the HT figure won't sell that well, what incentive is it for them to even produce their "accessory pack"? Would it even be feasible for them to attempt it if they will only move a few units?

As for Justin's voice, he can probably do a side gig reminding people about their car's extended warranty.

Back